• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

AC400KICK

I've been going around the house all day saying, "I'm a little Weeber Wubber!"

bateman

Quote from: AC400KICK on November 27, 2013, 08:24:34 PM
I've been going around the house all day saying, "I'm a little Weeber Wubber!"

Heh, were you the one who emailed me that message?

jazmunda

Is it possible to do a reverse ignore list where you choose certain people not to see your posts? :P

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on November 27, 2013, 10:00:49 PM
Is it possible to do a reverse ignore list where you choose certain people not to see your posts? :P
I know you can on facebook  :P

jazmunda

Quote from: steelbot on November 27, 2013, 10:01:58 PM
I know you can on facebook  :P

That's an excellent way of getting rid of someone without the awkward random bumping into them when both of you know you ditched them.

klaatu

Quote from: steelbot on November 27, 2013, 10:41:53 PM
The Thing!

Right, of course.  I didn't mean to suggest this image was from today's story.

steelbot

Quote from: klaatu on November 27, 2013, 10:46:30 PM

Right, of course.  I didn't mean to suggest this image was from today's story.
oh i know  :P

zeebo

So I did a google image search for "pictures of birds with animal heads", because those crack me up, and for some reason a pic of Chuck Woolery came up near the top.

HorrorRetro

This is what happens when you're forced to listen to Martha Stewart instead of Dark Matter...felt squares gone wild. Olivia is modeling the latest in felt Indian and Pilgrim fashions.

Gd5150

How are the market indexes and all time highs when the economy is in the crapper. In California it's terrible accept for a small part of the tech sector. We can expect another weak Christmas season. No one is doing better in the last 10 years. And yet the stock market is booming? It's absurd. When this market bubble bursts no one will care because no one has any money in it.

zeebo

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 29, 2013, 11:16:23 AM
How are the market indexes and all time highs when the economy is in the crapper. In California it's terrible accept for a small part of the tech sector. We can expect another weak Christmas season. No one is doing better in the last 10 years. And yet the stock market is booming? It's absurd. When this market bubble bursts no one will care because no one has any money in it.

I've been waiting for a major correction for like two years now and I get the sneaking suspicion that someone somewhere keeps cancelling it.

thexfile

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 29, 2013, 11:16:23 AM
It's a reality bubble. The bubble will pop and the poor will pay for the cleanup as usual.

Someone help, I'm riding a bicycle on a bridge and a car is chasing after me dangerously close and won't leave me alone!!!! Help, help, I'm falling off a bridge! Someone wake up James Brolin before I die god dammit you dragon breath motherfucker! You hairy soap holder!!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 27, 2013, 06:49:23 PM
I've only every used the ignore function once on this or any forum -- for the erstwhile poster Casio...  I felt guilty and unignored him a day later I think.   

softy.

McPhallus

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 30, 2013, 01:18:07 PM
Someone help, I'm riding a bicycle on a bridge and a car is chasing after me dangerously close and won't leave me alone!!!! Help, help, I'm falling off a bridge! Someone wake up James Brolin before I die god dammit you dragon breath motherfucker! You hairy soap holder!!!

ziznak

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 29, 2013, 10:43:38 AM
This is what happens when you're forced to listen to Martha Stewart instead of Dark Matter...felt squares gone wild. Olivia is modeling the latest in felt Indian and Pilgrim fashions.

those last two pics look like she's throwin up gang signs lol.

guild are you tripping again?

Ravenna

Quote from: zeebo on November 29, 2013, 03:16:56 PM
I've been waiting for a major correction for like two years now and I get the sneaking suspicion that someone somewhere keeps cancelling it.

Tom Sullivan, this radio talk show host (a Conservative but not a Republican; he's an Independent) I listen to every day, predicts a major correction is coming, and thinks it will happen in the first half of 2014, maybe even in the first quarter.

He pretty much predicted the last Recession (the one that started in 2008 with the stock market slide), so he's worth paying attention to.  His show covers the economy, politics and the top news topics of the day.  Very much appointment radio for me.  You can listen to him live streaming via Tunein.com (there's a free app for that for android on Amazon), via KFBK out of Sacramento at noon to 3pm Monday to Friday.  If you're lucky enough to live in/around the Bay Area, up north to Redding, you can listen to him on the radio itself, Old School style.  His first hour, noon to 1pm, I make a point of listening to every day:  that's when Tom goes over the top news events of the day.

http://tunein.com/radio/FM-925--AM-1530-KFBK-s32589/

(I feel sure that Tunein has an app for the iPhone, too).

Tom ran his own investment firm for years, so the economy is something he very much knows about.  He's very much up on politics, too.  (You probably don't want to listen to him if you're an Obama Lover:  he's not a fan.  Nor does he bash him:  simply points out how the guy is doing a bad job.  Tom feels that Obamacare is going to collapse under its own weight by 2015).

HorrorRetro

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 30, 2013, 01:18:07 PM

The Car.  I love that stupid movie.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ziznak on November 30, 2013, 02:10:14 PM
those last two pics look like she's throwin up gang signs lol.

Yeah, I noticed the gang signs lol.  I guess she just wants to be a Westside girl.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 30, 2013, 03:04:36 PM
The Car.  I love that stupid movie.

I like you for understanding my nonsense.

I like you all.

Heather Wade

Anyone see the dow chart?  Seems the stock market gave up, and flatlined at eob Friday.   ???

Hey guildnavigator... tomales, fresh pico, chips, rice, n beans.  With cheese n guac too.   ;)  Great minds.

Ravenna

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 30, 2013, 03:23:25 PM
Anyone see the dow chart?  Seems the stock market gave up, and flatlined at eob Friday.   ???

Hey guildnavigator... tomales, fresh pico, chips, rice, n beans.  With cheese n guac too.   ;)  Great minds.

It will be interesting to see if there is a big correction in early 2014.  If so, after calling the 2008 Recession, too, I'll be listening to Tom Sullivan with even greater dedication.  (Right now, I only have time to listen to the first hour).

Heather Wade

Quote from: Ravenna on November 30, 2013, 03:25:41 PM
It will be interesting to see if there is a big correction in early 2014.  If so, after calling the 2008 Recession, too, I'll be listening to Tom Sullivan with even greater dedication.  (Right now, I only have time to listen to the first hour).

I've never listened to Mr. Sullivan, but my spidey sense is tingling... a shock is coming for us.  I can't imagine it will be a good one.

Ravenna

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 30, 2013, 03:32:00 PM
I've never listened to Mr. Sullivan, but my spidey sense is tingling... a shock is coming for us.  I can't imagine it will be a good one.

Mr. Sullivan is right about 90% of the time, I've noticed.  If he's right about a big correction in early 2014, then you might just consider listening to his radio show.  One hour a day, the first hour, is all you need (the 2nd and 3rd hour of his show he usually goes onto other things that aren't quite as compelling:  first hour he reserves for the "important stuff").

Here's a bio on him from Wiki.  Don't hold it against him that he's on the Fox News Channel.  He is a Conservative, but a very moderate one and his views exist in a mid-place between the right and the left.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_M._Sullivan

You'll note that he ran his own brokerage firm for years.  The guy knows the stock market well.