• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

ponyboysunset

First of all posting an edited version is a "dick" move. Glad a gabber was kind enough to share. Comedy gold. I love being a gabber. This was some funny stuff.

Auslandia

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 11, 2015, 07:45:27 PM
First of all posting an edited version is a "dick" move. Glad a gabber was kind enough to share. Comedy gold. I love being a gabber. This was some funny stuff.

I'm sure tonight will be another stellar broadcast

Quote from: Mild Bill on November 11, 2015, 07:26:15 PM
When Rossy was scheduling interesting guests...Hoaxland was in Dick Cavett mode...and the regulars were groovin'...this thread was more than fun...it was a joy to be a part of!

When Rossy was around it seemed as though Hoaxland embraced the silliness of his program more. I mean THIS was on his website

It was such a fun show. But then his ego took over and he decided his silly radio show is this grand radio show that will force disclosure single handily. I mean he had a Dumbledore Cosplayer on who raised Unicorns on,  and he refused to even have fun with the Unicorn subject! Art would've have a field day with that. He thinks it's gonna be this serious show when no one, at that time of night, wants a completely serious show except his few fan boys.

Yes his Dick Cavett mode was great but it had this extra flavor of late night absurdity that made it really enjoyable and unique.

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 11, 2015, 07:33:06 PM
I braved out exploring the PM spam from last night and it was nothing more than an invitation to join another forum that follows Art and a few other somewhat related things. Very little activity - puny compared to bellgab. I have no idea what a "contributor status" amounts to. I suspect not a lot.

mrQ's account here was set up just to spam us. No forum posts have ever been made by that user.

It appears safe. I'm going to pass. Were they to offer me "Benevolent Dictator" status I might reconsider.

He started a thread and responded to posters in it, but when MV bans a user he wipes posts as well.

Saltheart

Quote from: trostol on November 11, 2015, 06:20:03 PM

i think most of us are sticking around for the inevitable implosion or his return to Dick Cavett mode...meanwhile

https://www.facebook.com/NotYourAverageGoat/videos/986660454789036/

I see your Thunderstruck, and raise ya a Godzilla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqKEW1OKb0k

SaucyRossy

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 11, 2015, 12:19:21 PM
If Hoagie was half as observant with his timing as he is with NASA's he'd notice the shitstorm hit not when Rossy quit but when he started disrespecting his audience.

Exactly. If I wanted to have caused trouble on my way out the door. I could've burned the place down joker style. But I didn't. There are a lot of people very pissed off at how he treated his audience recently, that's why last night happened.

Mild Bill

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 11, 2015, 07:56:37 PM
When Rossy was around it seemed as though Hoaxland embraced the silliness of his program more. I mean THIS was on his website

It was such a fun show. But then his ego took over and he decided his silly radio show is this grand radio show that will force disclosure single handily. I mean he had a Dumbledore Cosplayer on who raised Unicorns on,  and he refused to even have fun with the Unicorn subject! Art would've have a field day with that. He thinks it's gonna be this serious show when no one, at that time of night, wants a completely serious show except his few fan boys.

Yes his Dick Cavett mode was great but it had this extra flavor of late night absurdity that made it really enjoyable and unique.

Theater of the absurd...we did have good times, though, didn't we :D

Leave it to Hoaxland to screw up a good thing.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Morgus on November 11, 2015, 05:14:47 PM
Near the end of last night's show, Hoagland mentioned the model number of his (and possibly Art's) headset:
I found it on Amazon for $199, its a Audio-Technica BPHS1 Broadcast Stereo Headset with Dynamic Boom Mic:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003D87JI2?*Version*=1&*entries*=0
http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/f36152d8a3580d50/

I know for a fact that this is NOT the headset Art uses.

Quote from: Mild Bill on November 11, 2015, 08:11:38 PM
Theater of the absurd...we did have good times, though, didn't we :D

Leave it to Hoaxland to screw up a good thing.

I thought he was finally finding some self-respect and personal redemption, and ending his career by doing mostly honest work.  I believe in people too much.

phobos2995

Who  was the hot sounding chick , that called and Hoagland's producer interrupts with " What kind of headset are you using"? I think she is a bellgabber. She said she has a podcast. I would rather listen to her than this arrogant dude. How can Art stand this dude?  The show a couple days ago when he was  playing some woman's songs really sucked. She sounded cool but I want to hear an interesting talk show not music. Tonight he is talking about an old cruise ship.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 11, 2015, 08:10:25 PM
Exactly. If I wanted to have caused trouble on my way out the door. I could've burned the place down joker style. But I didn't. There are a lot of people very pissed off at how he treated his audience recently, that's why last night happened.

If you would have put the noose around his nutsack as I suggested (on numerous occasions), all of this could have been avoided.

Quote from: phobos2995 on November 11, 2015, 08:15:06 PM
Who  was the hot sounding chick , that called and Hoagland's producer interrupts with " What kind of headset are you using"? I think she is a bellgabber. She said she has a podcast. I would rather listen to her than this arrogant dude. How can Art stand this dude?  The show a couple days ago when he was  playing some woman's songs really sucked. She sounded cool but I want to hear an interesting talk show not music. Tonight he is talking about an old cruise ship.

Possibly this poster named Brandongraywins.

Quote from: Brandongraywins on September 23, 2015, 08:08:24 PM
Any idea what kind of headset mic Art uses? Sounds so good.

Quote from: Brandongraywins on August 14, 2015, 06:36:08 AM
I've been an Art Bell fan as long as I can remember. I love thinking about the things that could be.
But ive never been a believer. So I started a podcast where I could interview people in the paranormal field to figure out why so many people believe in the unexplainable.

The result is the Stary Time Podcast. We just launched our first episode featuring an interview with Preston Dennett. You can subscribe here -
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/stary-time-podcast/id1029992065
And here's our website -http://starytime.weebly.com/

Let me know what you think!

FLLFlash

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 11, 2015, 08:04:11 PM
He started a thread and responded to posters in it, but when MV bans a user he wipes posts as well.

Good... unless it's me.  ;)

bateman

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 11, 2015, 08:14:06 PM

Yeah, Art has a Beyerdynamic, just not sure which model.

bateman

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 11, 2015, 07:56:37 PM

This encapsulates things nicely. It really was a fun show while it lasted. Alas, our Uncle Hoagie wasn't real, and Evil Dick came back.

Mild Bill

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 11, 2015, 08:14:24 PM
I thought he was finally finding some self-respect and personal redemption, and ending his career by doing mostly honest work.  I believe in people too much.

To quote Art in his post..."Sometimes you think you know somebody and then find out you never really did, just sad."

It sucks to be betrayed, doesn't it.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Mild Bill on November 11, 2015, 08:24:24 PM
To quote Art in his post..."Sometimes you think you know somebody and then find out you never really did, just sad."

It sucks to be betrayed, doesn't it.

It's happened to me several times and it sucks beyond all belief. I'd rather go down in flames than betray another. I suppose that makes me seriously old school. So be it.

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 11, 2015, 08:14:06 PM

I thought I heard that Art's headset was made in Germany.

Mild Bill

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 11, 2015, 08:28:35 PM
It's happened to me several times and it sucks beyond all belief. I'd rather go down in flames than betray another. I suppose that makes me seriously old school. So be it.

It's Veteran's Day and as a combat veteran of the 'Nam, loyalty was a fact of life we lived by.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.

Auslandia

It has a bit to do with the mic but just as much to do with Art's gear.  I'm nearly certain that he has a quality mic preamp either patched into his board or integrated with it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Auslandia on November 11, 2015, 08:39:43 PM
It has a bit to do with the mic but just as much to do with Art's gear.  I'm nearly certain that he has a quality mic preamp either patched into his board or integrated with it.
It's a USB thingy

Quote from: Mild Bill on November 11, 2015, 08:39:17 PM
It's Veteran's Day and as a combat veteran of the 'Nam, loyalty was a fact of life we lived by.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.

I am loyal to our little group. Love you vaguely lovable weirdos.

Plus I own Shay and Barfly's souls now!

Mild Bill

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 11, 2015, 08:43:13 PM
I am loyal to our little group. Love you vaguely lovable weirdos.

Plus I own Shay and Barfly's souls now!

Dear, sweet Sandra...you don't own my soul...but you do have a piece of my heart :)

ziznak

Quote from: bateman on November 11, 2015, 08:24:15 PM
This encapsulates things nicely. It really was a fun show while it lasted. Alas, our Uncle Hoagie wasn't real, and Evil Dick came back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZHkkLBOrvE

K_Dubb

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 11, 2015, 08:14:24 PM

Me too!  Now was the perfect time to sit back, pour a glass of bourbon, and let someone else be the guest while you rest on your laurels.  He was great at it when he wanted to be, and he sure has had some interesting experiences to reflect on.

Last night proved he can dodge airborne produce like a pro.  Wonder how often he has had to do that?

dan7800

Can someone fill me in... Why all the hate for RCH all of a sudden? What is up?