• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on July 04, 2016, 02:09:12 PM
Exactly how does the Guy from Pittsburghâ,,¢ fit into this game?

If you land on Falkie's Square you just get stuck there for the rest of the game, doing nothing useful.  However each turn you get to pull a card from the special Pointless Ramblings deck.

Morgus

Sounded like Noory has started promoting on the air his new "novel" about a late nite paranormal talk show host.
Last nite one of his guests mentioned the new book and buttered up Noory about it.
Noory commented it was his first "non fiction" book.
But I recall a few years back Noory talking about a non fiction book he was writing about a time traveler? But that was one to be ghost-written with the Birnes' so must have been cancelled.

Now Noory is trying again with some other ghost writer writing a book for him that he can put his name on? :o

https://www.amazon.com/Night-Talk-Novel-George-Noory/dp/0765378787/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1467670638&sr=1-1&keywords=george+noory

Amazon summary:
A late-night talk-show host fascinated by the paranormal becomes entangled in a deadly conspiracy in Night Talk, from #1 all-night radio host George Noory.

Greg Nowell is a voice in the darkness--a late-night talk-show host who tackles controversial subjects, from angels to aliens and government agencies so deep in shadow that the puppet strings they use to exercise control are invisible. His radio show is a world of the paranormal and paranoia, where claims of alien abductions, Big Foot sightings, and a mysterious world government are the norm.

Greg's world explodes when government agents accuse him of having received ultra-secret files from Ethan Shaw, a hacker intent on exposing a secret cabal with tentacles throughout the government. Greg knows nothing about the files. When Shaw is killed and the evidence points to Greg, the radio personality goes on the run, stalked by a demented assassin. As he tries to unravel the deadly secrets the hacker uncovered, Greg is helped by Alyssa Neal, a mysterious woman who says Shaw also dragged her into the boiling cauldron of intrigue.

Greg realizes his paranoia is really "heightened awareness" of strange machinations. He seeks help from callers to his show who don't trust the government, have gone "under the radar," or are angry and paranoid about the vast gathering of information and invasions of privacy by government agencies.

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on July 04, 2016, 04:16:39 PM
...the boiling cauldron of intrigue.
I am going to call this a "nod to Bellgab's" boiling pit of sewage.

Rico999

I think the book is just another self-aggrandizing move by George.  He's a third-rate talent (if that) but for some reason he thinks he's a mogul.  I can't help but laugh when I hear him sing, but he obviously believes he's a star in the making.  Hard to figure, but I think a lot of people are kissing his ass and he's only too happy to believe all of it. 

The book, though, is George masturbating with the printed word.   I think Jerome Corsi definitely helped him write it, given the effusive praise he gave George last night -- and George's nightly difficulties with the English language.   I've attached the publisher's page with the book and you can read an excerpt.  You'll see that George is fantasizing about himself as a radio talker-turned superhero.   He's asking $16 for the book and there'll no doubt be some suckers that buy it.   

But who's Alyssa?   My guess is that it's Lisa Garr. 

http://us.macmillan.com/nighttalk/georgenoory

Quote from: Morgus on July 04, 2016, 04:16:39 PM
Sounded like Noory has started promoting on the air his new "novel" about a late nite paranormal talk show host.
Last nite one of his guests mentioned the new book and buttered up Noory about it.
Noory commented it was his first "non fiction" book.
But I recall a few years back Noory talking about a non fiction book he was writing about a time traveler? But that was one to be co-written with the Birnes' so must have been cancelled.

Now Noory is trying again with some other ghost writer writing a book for him that he can put his name on? :o

https://www.amazon.com/Night-Talk-Novel-George-Noory/dp/0765378787/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1467670638&sr=1-1&keywords=george+noory

Amazon summary:
A late-night talk-show host fascinated by the paranormal becomes entangled in a deadly conspiracy in Night Talk, from #1 all-night radio host George Noory.

Greg Nowell is a voice in the darkness--a late-night talk-show host who tackles controversial subjects, from angels to aliens and government agencies so deep in shadow that the puppet strings they use to exercise control are invisible. His radio show is a world of the paranormal and paranoia, where claims of alien abductions, Big Foot sightings, and a mysterious world government are the norm.

Greg's world explodes when government agents accuse him of having received ultra-secret files from Ethan Shaw, a hacker intent on exposing a secret cabal with tentacles throughout the government. Greg knows nothing about the files. When Shaw is killed and the evidence points to Greg, the radio personality goes on the run, stalked by a demented assassin. As he tries to unravel the deadly secrets the hacker uncovered, Greg is helped by Alyssa Neal, a mysterious woman who says Shaw also dragged her into the boiling cauldron of intrigue.

Greg realizes his paranoia is really "heightened awareness" of strange machinations. He seeks help from callers to his show who don't trust the government, have gone "under the radar," or are angry and paranoid about the vast gathering of information and invasions of privacy by government agencies.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on July 04, 2016, 04:35:54 PM
Same initials G.N. - a coincidence?  8)
"Will we ever get thuh answer?  Or could it be angels?  Whut about hemorrhoids?"

Dateline

For sure, the page for Nero Blaze has HATERS written all over it.  Did some of GN leak through to Nero?

aldousburbank

One of my favorite podcasters, Duncan Trussell, announced on his show that he's going to interview Noory. He called him one of the best interviewers ever or something like that. I couldn't tell if he was being facetious or just ignorant.

Kidnostad3

Last fall I decided I would make a comprehensive list of Nooryisms."  I started to do so but then realized that I would actually have to listen to every one of his shows in order to achieve that aim.   This prospect brought on a cold sweat and I had visions of losing more of the few brain cells I have left.  Below are a few gems that I made note of before coming to my senses:

11/9/15
While talking to remote viewer Paul Smith " I always thought initially that . . ."

11/10/15
While talking to Graham Hancock:  Words to the effect:  If a large asteroid landed in the ocean, would title waves go one way or both ways.

11/16/15

Hour 2:   "Let's let our minds wander for the next couple hours ..."
               "Every story is better than the next."  ( Literally, the stories keep getting worse.)

Late 2015

"He smokes like a fish"

2/24/16    "It's the greatest story I ever heard for a long time.

Quote from: WOTR on July 04, 2016, 02:09:12 PM
Exactly how does the Guy from Pittsburghâ,,¢ fit into this game?

Land on the wrong space, and you get to write Falkie's next 'minute'

Morgus

Quote from: zeebo on July 04, 2016, 05:33:05 PM
Whatever happened to "Nero Blaze"?
Was that Noory's planned time traveler book that the Birnes' were working on for him some years ago?

WOTR

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 04, 2016, 06:29:00 PM
One of my favorite podcasters, Duncan Trussell, announced on his show that he's going to interview Noory. He called him one of the best interviewers ever or something like that. I couldn't tell if he was being facetious or just ignorant.
To get a major talent like Noory on your podcast you have to kill a little ass... Right MV?  8)

Morgus

As usual, Noory plays Kate Smith singing "God Bless America" for July 4th.

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on July 04, 2016, 07:13:27 PM
Was that Noory's planned time traveler book that the Birnes' were working on for him some years ago?

Sounds kind of familiar, not sure.  I think maybe it never got released?  Nero Blaze may have been ahead of his time.

Quote from: Morgus on July 04, 2016, 11:41:48 PM
As usual, Noory plays Kate Smith singing "God Bless America" for July 4th.

Good ol' George, he's there for thuh shut-ins on this 4th of July Holiday. 

Why didn't he sing it?

Juan Cena

Slept through the Billy Meyer stuff. Wondering if I'll be able to stay awake for the probably racist alien/lost superior civilization stuff on the pyramids.

Juan Cena

The "Pharoah's Pump" sounds like an ancient penis enlargement device.

There's no reason the Noory game can't be another version of Monopoly.  One of the Chance cards:  fall in a mudhole.

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 04, 2016, 11:47:52 PM
Good ol' George, he's there for thuh shut-ins on this 4th of July Holiday. 

Why didn't he sing it?
Ha, ha, ha, yes.  It's like visiting with some "choice" relatives for the holiday.  Oh, yeah, thuh "shut-ins" are REALLY looking forward to Jorch.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 05, 2016, 08:23:35 AM
There's no reason the Noory game can't be another version of Monopoly.  One of the Chance cards:  fall in a mudhole.

If it were Art Bellopoly, it would be 'fall into Mel's Hole.'

PaulAtreides

Now that Hillary has been cleared by both the Benghazi committee and the FBI, Georgie will need to get some new snide little anti-Hillary remarks that are no doubt sent to him by the south St. Louis crackers who so adore him.  (Adore him, but not enough to prevent his recent St. Louis appearance from being an embarrassment.