• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on April 07, 2018, 10:04:03 AM
I sort of worrying about the cheaper ones due to Fukishima (thank you JBW with his doomsday shows) so spent an extra bit to get Atlantic caught. Mustard good, tomato also good, but really just the standard is best.
ps: I just learned that over 21 different types of fish are legally allowed to be called sardines/pilchards! And the oil is used in "paint, varnish, and linoleum!" Geez, as Norry might say.

Yep. I've drastically reduced my seafood consumption over the past few years and I love most of it. It's sad that we let that happen but I guess it was probably just part of the globalists anything goes approach to depopulation. :'(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on January 24, 2013, 07:18:22 PM
I always thought psychic vampires were 100% self-aware.  Clearly I need to listen to George to get the truth on these matters.

No, they've reverted to an animalistic state of being and no longer have human self-awareness. It's why they use the metaphor of no reflection in a mirror in vampire stories. I hope that helps. :)

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on April 07, 2018, 09:50:37 AM
That's how I prefer them.  My favorite sardines aren't packed in mustard, though, so I have to add mine own, usually Zatarain's Creole.

A little pricey but an excellent meaty taste.  Much better than turkee sammiches
An artist and a cook!

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 07, 2018, 10:04:03 AM
I sort of worrying about the cheaper ones due to Fukishima (thank you JBW with his doomsday shows) so spent an extra bit to get Atlantic caught. Mustard good, tomato also good, but really just the standard is best.
ps: I just learned that over 21 different types of fish are legally allowed to be called sardines/pilchards! And the oil is used in "paint, varnish, and linoleum!" Geez, as Norry might say.
Yeah, I stick to the ones from around Portugal, Spain, Italy, etc.  A really great taste, with firm texture.  They spoiled me.  I can't stomach the cheap ones that seem too "mushy," now.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 07, 2018, 12:30:40 PM
Yep. I've drastically reduced my seafood consumption over the past few years and I love most of it. It's sad that we let that happen but I guess it was probably just part of the globalists anything goes approach to depopulation. :'(
The ocean is our ecosystem.  It is our evaporation, which becomes rain and snow, which becomes rivers and lakes.  And miraculous snow packs, God's way of preserving some water.  All this groundwater is then used for crops, livestock, food and drink.  And of course for plumbing and cleaning, including cleaning of medical machines. And in manufacturing.

If the oceans get so polluted that they can't sustain life, then putrification will ruin proper evaporation, so rain and snow would stop.  Reseviors and rivers would dry.  Wild animals, livestock and humans would face drought and death.  The Earth's ecosystem would die. And so would we.  We depend on the ocean.

albrecht

Quote from: Jojo on April 07, 2018, 02:17:57 PM
The ocean is our ecosystem.  It is our evaporation, which becomes rain and snow, which becomes rivers and lakes.  And miraculous snow packs, God's way of preserving some water.  All this groundwater is then used for crops, livestock, food and drink.  And of course for plumbing and cleaning, including cleaning of medical machines. And in manufacturing.

If the oceans get so polluted that they can't sustain life, then putrification will ruin proper evaporation, so rain and snow would stop.  Reseviors and rivers would dry.  Wild animals, livestock and humans would face drought and death.  The Earth's ecosystem would die. And so would we.  We depend on the ocean.
Government, school, and media harps on and on about the "warming" ignoring real problems in our oceans, for the most part, they cover plastic islands, occasionally. But ignore all the shit we dump into it, sometime literally, but worse things like Fukishima and Hanford and industrial wastes, heavy metals, over-fishing, poaching, etc.

Robert

Quote from: ItsOver on April 07, 2018, 02:09:28 PMWell, if you call opening a can being a cook.  ;) ;D
Darn, this is giving me an appetite for sardines.  I haven't had any in a few mos.

Just made my 2nd attempt at curry-powder-less chicken curry.  I read the ingredients on some curry powders, decided to buy components, since there was a bargain on turmeric.  Seems cumin doesn't complement the turmeric enough, I'm going to have to break down & get coriander, which was said to be another component.  I was already adding paprika, pepper, & garlic.

Today Jerry Hickey on his WOR program said that when he was a child in Ireland, they pronounced it "toomeric".  Not sure whether that indicates a dialect or just immaturity.

On the subject of tastes, I found out recently that I like the smell of stink bugs.  They don't have a really strong odor to me even when they're crushed, but to the extent they have one at all, it's pleasant.  Somewhere between gasoline & pine.

Robert

Quote from: Jojo on April 07, 2018, 02:17:57 PMIf the oceans get so polluted that they can't sustain life, then putrification will ruin proper evaporation,
Where do you get that from?  Also, if there's no life, what's there to putrefy things?

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert on April 07, 2018, 03:57:58 PM
Darn, this is giving me an appetite for sardines.  I haven't had any in a few mos...
Go for it.  I'm telling you, these are worth the price.

I usually find the best price on line, especially if I order a case.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on April 07, 2018, 04:11:40 PM

where are they from and where do you order from?

GravitySucks

What do you catch with them?  Do you put them on a treble hook?

albrecht

I never considered buying sardines online but you are right, and can find varieties, like the one above, that aren't in my local grocery store. Just Amazon or is this a better place to shop?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on April 07, 2018, 04:19:11 PM
I never considered buying sardines online but you are right, and can find varieties, like the one above, that aren't in my local grocery store. Just Amazon or is this a better place to shop?

I just don't want to patronize Amazon anymore and I'd think no good patriot would. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 07, 2018, 04:22:36 PM
I just don't want to patronize Amazon anymore and I'd think no good patriot would. ;)
Good point.
For those adventurous this place, not affiliated with Karl Marx, will sell and ship you bulk sardines. Very perishable: so eat, cook, or preserve soon.
https://www.marxfoods.com/Fresh-Sardines-Wholesale

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 07, 2018, 04:13:32 PM
where are they from and where do you order from?
Do a Google but I usually get a good price from an Italian gourmet site. The best price I sometimes get is from DLM, when I'm visiting family and can pick them up locally.  Uncle Duke would know about DLM. ;)They are the best I've had.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on April 07, 2018, 04:29:27 PM
Good point.
For those adventurous this place, not affiliated with Karl Marx, will sell and ship you bulk sardines. Very perishable: so eat, cook, or preserve soon.
https://www.marxfoods.com/Fresh-Sardines-Wholesale

Hmm...10lbs for $159. I'm guessing bulk and not in tin cans?

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 07, 2018, 04:32:57 PM
Hmm...10lbs for $159. I'm guessing bulk and not in tin cans?
Yep. So far the real aficionado, a seal, or bait, I guess? Ha. Here is a good recipe for freshly caught ones if you don't like fresh or not planning to store. People just make this on the street in Lisbon etc and you can buy them freshly cooked, hot off the grill. Seemingly without permits or established restuarants. Like we sometimes do with BBQ. Equivalent of a roadside guy with his smoker selling you BBQ. About the simplest "recipe" ever:
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/sardinhas-assadas-portuguese-grilled-sardines-271697

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 07, 2018, 04:46:24 PM
Thank you for link and for free tv antenna idea.
Most welcome, as always.  Nothing better than a fine Carmenere, some Matiz little fishes with preferred crisps, and a little Columbo on the screen.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on April 07, 2018, 04:46:24 PM
Thank you for link and for free tv antenna idea.

I wish I'd followed IO's advice on that.  For the last several months my cable co. has been boycotting several airwave stations over some licensing squabble.  I've had to go without my Sat. nite Svengoolies.  Sure it's no MST3K, but I like the trivia behind classic Godzilla flicks and he usually sings a catchy number as part of the show.  I know this sounds pathetic that I could be this easily entertained, but years of Noory shows really lowered my standards.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on April 07, 2018, 05:44:02 PM
I wish I'd followed IO's advice on that.  For the last several months my cable co. has been boycotting several airwave stations over some licensing squabble.  I've had to go without my Sat. nite Svengoolies.  Sure it's no MST3K, but I like the trivia behind classic Godzilla flicks and he usually sings a catchy number as part of the show.  I know this sounds pathetic that I could be this easily entertained, but years of Noory shows really lowered my standards.

Cable is dead like disco, my friend. You're already on the internet though so have at it!

https://kodi.tv

Oh, and thanks for the sardine link, IO. I might just order a case. :)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 07, 2018, 04:54:11 PM
Most welcome, as always.  Nothing better than a fine Carmenere, some Matiz little fishes with preferred crisps, and a little Columbo on the screen.

Indeed. "One more thing," it is important to brush your teeth, floss, and use mouthwash if you eat lots of tinned fish, out of courtesy for others.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on April 07, 2018, 05:56:04 PM
Indeed. "One more thing," it is important to brush your teeth, floss, and use mouthwash if you eat lots of tinned fish, out of courtesy for others.

Screw that! Now, kiss me, you fool!  :-*

albrecht

Some tvs, apparently, have it built in but then you'd likely still need a better antenna but you can get the "free tv" by buying one of those "HD antennas" online or at many stores. Pretty darn cheap also. Depending on your location you will lot at least the main local broadcasters and thier sub-channels, and channels like MeTV, which carries Svengoolie. And lots good tv (old shows and movies) and sports have better HD quality than cable.

Quote from: ItsOver on April 07, 2018, 02:36:43 PM
This was what was recently found inside one whale.

Gawd, we'd better not look inside Tommee

ItsOver

Hah!  I missed Sven tonight but it's DVD'd for later.  At least Sven knows he kind of sucks and makes no pretense about it. ;)