• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 10, 2016, 12:31:29 PM
I'd wager Art thinks he has more than the two options you outlined.

Ask his talking mouse for advice?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 10, 2016, 12:42:16 PM
He thinks a phone sex operator with no experience will be able to work lonely men into coughing up subs each month and get affiliates to carry the show. That clearly won't work.

He could be a hero and come on and do weekends or do the Knapp gig to try to save DMDN.
He could let Heather drown and then pop up again online in a year afterwards throwing her under the bus.
He could disappear into irrelevance and not appear in public anymore.

What other options do you see?

It's not what options I see that are at issue.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 10, 2016, 12:44:11 PM

True true, I'm not trying to be antagonistic towards you. Just trying to think it out.

theONE

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 10, 2016, 12:25:16 PM
Yeah, he's going to do something stupid sooner or later to get everyone's attention. Especially since the vast majority of his fanbase basically disappeared with all this bullshit. He's got two choices. Throw Heather under the bus or fade away into irrelevance.

Art will dispose of Heather one way or the other,...and will:  "fade away into irrelevance" anyways,
after all that baloney-shit he pulled over the years with constant quittings...
and his whining's...and threatening to sue people for speaking their minds.

Would be really funny :P,- if at the end Art and Heather end up suing each other,..haha , lol

HWS

littlechris

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 10, 2016, 12:42:16 PM
He thinks a phone sex operator with no experience will be able to work lonely men into coughing up subs each month and get affiliates to carry the show. That clearly won't work.

He could be a hero and come on and do weekends or do the Knapp gig to try to save DMDN.
He could let Heather drown and then pop up again online in a year afterwards throwing her under the bus.
He could disappear into irrelevance and not appear in public anymore.

What other options do you see?

Maybe she can show us her boobies?  :D

Quote from: littlechris on February 10, 2016, 12:47:14 PM

In 2016, I don't think boobies are a commodity anymore.

theONE

there are none, - if there were any, they would be exposed already,...
not that I'm interested to see it,...fuck it

HWS

Dateline

Stay tuned on Skype the next showing.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 10, 2016, 12:44:11 PM

I don`t know about you, Duke, but I see Art coming back in a limited capacity. Where and when, is anybody`s guess. But, I don`t think he`ll wait too long.

BettyO417

Quote from: ponyboysunset on February 10, 2016, 07:09:38 AM
In case anyone else here is interested someone complied a nice website of SIT episodes:
http://sitarchive.com/?p=767

A well deserved Thank You ponyboysunset! These will certainly fill the void in "The Night"!

NXOEED

Quote from: Chronaut on February 10, 2016, 12:08:20 PM
Good post.  I have a much harder time finding compassion in my heart for people who seem to enjoy shitting all over my favorite board morning, 'noon and night for weeks/months on end...but perhaps in time wisdom will overcome my instinctive urge to destroy those who embody everything I detest.  For now the only reason I don't participate much in this dreck is the sheer futility of it.

Thanks dude.

I just kind of breeze through every once in a while. I haven't really given the ignore function the try that folks have suggested. I'm okay with just scrolling through until I see something that interests me. The thing that gives me some sympathy for the more obsessive dissenters is the fact that they don't know how they're coming off to the outside world.

No amount of obscenities or disparaging remarks is ever gonna make "NO U ARE!!!" look cool. And saying it a hundred times in an hour only makes it less so. I kind of just find myself hoping these dudes are eating well and getting enough sun.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 10, 2016, 12:45:32 PM
True true, I'm not trying to be antagonistic towards you. Just trying to think it out.

If Art fades into irrelevance, it will be because he opts to do so and done on his own terms.  When he finally decides he has no further use of his hardcore followers to do his bidding (promoting/paying for whatever project he thinks he wants to pursue) he will disappear.  In the meantime he'll do what he's done for years, string his followers along with an occasional forum/social media post, radio interview, or other method to keep attention.  Also keep in mind he apparently believes there is no such thing as bad publicity in this stategy, this gives him the freedom to go off half cocked threatening to do damn near anything (leaving for good, filing suit, shutting down social media accounts etc) and then just change his mind like nothing happened.  I think in his mind, he can follow this script for as long as he wishes.

As for Heather and MITD, Art has put himself into the enviable position of authority, but no responsibility.  Remember, he selected her but he has no financial or managerial stake in her employer/employment. If she succeeds, he gets credit for seeing her potential and getting her on the air.  If she and/or DMDN goes belly up, not his fault since he neither owns/employes anything/anyone associated the failure. 

ziznak

Quote from: NXOEED on February 10, 2016, 01:13:16 PM
Thanks dude.

I just kind of breeze through every once in a while. I haven't really given the ignore function the try that folks have suggested. I'm okay with just scrolling through until I see something that interests me. The thing that gives me some sympathy for the more obsessive dissenters is the fact that they don't know how they're coming off to the outside world.

No amount of obscenities or disparaging remarks is ever gonna make "NO U ARE!!!" look cool. And saying it a hundred times in an hour only makes it less so. I kind of just find myself hoping these dudes are eating well and getting enough sun.
I'm sure they are doing just fine.... look!

albrecht

Quote from: Khameleon808 on February 10, 2016, 11:29:09 AM
Thank you!!  I was gonna call in bellphiles sometime back and ask about where these were going. Thx again. Alot on here the "final torrent" didn't have.
Good lookin out.
It is a great site but I wish people wouldn't post the site on the open forums. PM people info like this. Torrents they can do nothing about (without some serious costs and time) but iHate Media, Inc can come after websites and they have lots of interns and paralegals with which to do so.  >:(

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: NXOEED on February 10, 2016, 11:37:34 AM
I agree with this. I knew a dude, back in the nineties, who was a bit too obsessed with Art's show and ones like it. We worked together. He was clearly schizophrenic, and didn't last too long at the job. He ended up hanging himself. He mentioned Art in his suicide note, not because of anything Art did. He just wasn't in his right mind.

Some of these dudes think just a little too long and hard about things that don't really matter all that much. C2CAM and shows like it are and have always been their dog whistle.

I guess that's why I don't go around shitting on Bellgab's  trolls and hyper-dissenters. Every time I see somebody caring enough about a thing that happened on the radio in December to post every five minutes for three straight months on a subject, literally morning, noon and night, my mind immediately goes to guys like Hoagland's obsessed fan who called into the Gabcast last week. That guy isn't doing himself any favors, but you'd never convince him of it.

Best just to let them talk until they run out of fuel. If they don't, they're probably in need of serious help. And from there, all you can really do is wish them the best.
You're too nice of a guy for this place. You, showroom dummy and a few others who post(ed) here are just way too sincere and good natured.

You should let us blacken your heart a bit, crush that positive outlook. You are invited to come join the darkside... We have cookies. Not gay cookies like the light side either.  :)

Chronaut

Quote from: ponyboysunset on February 10, 2016, 07:09:38 AM
In case anyone else here is interested someone complied a nice website of SIT episodes:
http://sitarchive.com/?p=767

I got some kind of malware notification when I tried that link.  Which is frustrating because there's a lot of great content there.  Maybe Google Chrome was just being paranoid, but I'm not going to try it again without full battle armor.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: ziznak on February 10, 2016, 01:39:05 PM
I'm sure they are doing just fine.... look!

Interesting comment and well said.

Hahahahaha- I meant to quote duke but this fits nicely as well.

albrecht

Quote from: Chronaut on February 10, 2016, 01:48:59 PM
I got some kind of malware notification when I tried that link.  Which is frustrating because there's a lot of great content there.  Maybe Google Chrome was just being paranoid, but I'm not going to try it again without full battle armor.
Interesting. I can get there fine. But using Firefox. I hope iHate Media, Inc interns and paralegals haven't already sent some letter to google or the site....

Quote from: Chronaut on February 10, 2016, 01:48:59 PM
I'm not going to try it again without full battle armor.

AC 0, good call.

Roswells, Art

I met someone in a class I was taking whom I chatted with frequently since we were grouped up together. He was a nice enough person but he had a habit of repeating himself. Funny thing was, he said he was a 4channer. I had a vague idea of what 4chan was back then but now I definitely see the similarity between him and our 4channers here. They tend to repeat themselves

ziznak

Quote from: albrecht on February 10, 2016, 01:54:16 PM
Interesting. I can get there fine. But using Firefox. I hope iHate Media, Inc interns and paralegals haven't already sent some letter to google or the site....
I was thinking the same thing... great fucking link now lets stop posting it here

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: ziznak on February 10, 2016, 02:13:37 PM
I was thinking the same thing... great fucking link now lets stop posting it here
dude...Your avatar is brilliant. I just really looked at it and had to do a triple take.

ziznak

ziznak

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 10, 2016, 02:16:19 PM
dude...Your avatar is brilliant. I just really looked at it and had to do a triple take.
boy jorch lol

Roswells, Art

Seriously.

Ciardelo

Thanks dude.

+1

losing the archive site would be the cherry on the shit sundae. Admins should put address on Auto delete/replace

Ciardelo

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on February 10, 2016, 02:29:02 PM
losing the archive site would be the cherry on the shit sundae. Admins should put address on Auto delete/replace
Yeah, that site has been known about for a long time, I have a feeling whoever posted it like they did isn't an Art Bell fan at all. :)

norland2424

This +1000

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on February 10, 2016, 03:06:49 PM
This +1000

i forget why you told me about it the other day lol...Carlin?