• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Quote from: zeebo on June 05, 2017, 12:42:03 AM
On the plus side, any self-doubts he had that may he was a bit eccentric are banished forever.   ;)

ha good point!

K_Dubb

So Hoagie and Georgia agreed Hillary lost because she's the wrong Isis to represent the female energies of half the planet.  Glad that's cleared up, and it wasn't the Russians after all.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 05, 2017, 12:48:59 AM
So Hoagie and Georgia agreed Hillary lost because she's the wrong Isis to represent the female energies of half the planet.  Glad that's cleared up, and it wasn't the Russians after all.

She had too much two-faced skank energy to her.  ;)

pretty pathetic when a couple in their 60's can't afford a rescue flight for their pet.  they don't even have kids i don't think. losers.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 05, 2017, 01:02:04 AM
pretty pathetic when a couple in their 60's can't afford a rescue flight for their pet.  they don't even have kids i don't think. losers.
There's a lot of people in this country who couldn't come up with the money. 
BTW, last I heard, Hoagie's over 70.

Quote from: Étouffée on June 05, 2017, 01:12:01 AM
There's a lot of people in this country who couldn't come up with the money. 
BTW, last I heard, Hoagie's over 70.

i know that but not people like Hoagland and Dr. Robin Falkov who act like they are pretty important people.

Well, Hoagy sounded pretty enthusiastic tonight, and we got the full show.  ;)
He got nervous when the mad martian called in. I thought he was going to blow a gasket, but, he maintained fairly well.
Have a good one guys.  :)

Rix Gins

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 05, 2017, 01:21:13 AM
Well, Hoagy sounded pretty enthusiastic tonight, and we got the full show.  ;)
He got nervous when the mad martian called in. I thought he was going to blow a gasket, but, he maintained fairly well.
Have a good one guys.  :)

Yeah, good energy levels on both shows.  I think that Richard is wise to do two shows a week.  Hope Moralla gets better.
Take care, Logan.

Quote from: AlternativeSide on June 05, 2017, 01:13:10 AM
Mad Martian called in .. lol

Conspiracy Of Richard Hoagland
http://www.thefacesofmars.com/

lol wow, Gary made that website?  He sounds like one of Howard Stern's fans who are fucked in the head.

zeebo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 05, 2017, 01:36:12 AM
lol wow, Gary made that website?  He sounds like one of Howard Stern's fans who are fucked in the head.

His appearance tonite was the absolute most calm and coherent you'll ever hear him.  Keep listening for future kooky calls.

I think Hoagie was smart to just reappear on the air-- like out of the ether--with no explanation, and no apologies.  I think he loves whatever the hell it is he's doing.  Sometimes it's fun to go along on his ride.

Braaps to all.

Quote from: zeebo on June 05, 2017, 01:42:42 AM
His appearance tonite was the absolute most calm and coherent you'll ever hear him.  Keep listening for future kooky calls.

i'm listening to 2 hours of him angrily ranting on a show on Sceptre Radio Network, whatever that is.  I almost feel bad for Hoagie, people like Gary are obsessed and will spend every waking hour on you if you're their perceived enemy.  I don't really understand his beef,  he thinks Hoagland is part of a conspiracy to hide more faces of Mars from the public?

Lilith

I woke up early, and listened after Hoagie was live.  Wolfman Mike called in!!  How COOL is that?  ;D

I've enjoyed both the shows so far.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 04, 2017, 10:59:52 PM
Hoagie just used the word grok  8)

Well, yeah.  Hoagie and Heinlein were best friends.  Didn't you know?

expat

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 05, 2017, 02:06:11 AM
...people like Gary are obsessed and will spend every waking hour on you if you're their perceived enemy.  I don't really understand his beef,  he thinks Hoagland is part of a conspiracy to hide more faces of Mars from the public?

IMHO Gary has chosen absolutely the wrong issue to fight Hoagland on, and I've told him that. All the bullshit RCH has flung around--the Accutron, "Von Braun's Secret," The table of coincidence, all absolute rubbish and demonstrably so. But Gary obsesses about some pictures of other faces on Mars which were used as set dressing on a TV show nobody saw. Silly.

Zenman

Quote from: Schlyder7 on June 04, 2017, 10:43:41 PM

Lol, did I miss a colloidal silver show? If so, I hope tonight is a rerun of that one.   ;)

Rix Gins

Quote from: Zenman on June 05, 2017, 02:23:23 PM
Lol, did I miss a colloidal silver show? If so, I hope tonight is a rerun of that one.   ;)

I didn't listen to the whole show but what I heard was talk about South American pyramids and then a lady librarian came on for the last hour and there was talk about certain types of behavior and consciousness.  Gary The Mad Martian called and he and Richard had a rather civil discussion to everyone's surprise.  Also that guy Wolfman called.  If colloidal silver was mentioned, then I missed it.  Richard is doing two shows a week now, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00pm to Midnight, Pacific time.   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 05, 2017, 09:11:51 PM
That's a sinkhole, Mars style.  (I say as if I'm some kind of expert on Martian terrain.)

That's what I thought too. It seems the most plausible explanation.

Zenman

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 05, 2017, 09:09:27 PM
I didn't listen to the whole show but what I heard was talk about South American pyramids and then a lady librarian came on for the last hour and there was talk about certain types of behavior and consciousness.  Gary The Mad Martian called and he and Richard had a rather civil discussion to everyone's surprise.  Also that guy Wolfman called.  If colloidal silver was mentioned, then I missed it.  Richard is doing two shows a week now, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00pm to Midnight, Pacific time.

Thanks for the rundown. Sounds like I missed a lively one. Seems like kind of a weird time slot, but you gotta grab your braaps where you can get it I suppose.

Do you people think Hoagland sincerely believes he's a scientist, albeit self educated, with compelling hypotheses such as proof of Martian Type II civilization, torsion field/hyperdimensial waves detected with a Bulova watch at a Mayan pyramid or he knows it's all bullshit and he's a fraud?

"Look, when I run up this Mayan pyramid with a 40 year old wristwatch, the watch goes all spiky. It's torsion fields!!"  ;D  from RationalWiki's page on him

I think he's deluded himself and believes most everything that pops into his head and out his mouth. A type of sociopath, where he believes he's smarter than most everybody else and the equal of people like his late good friend 'Carl' with no valid reason for that belief.

If not for his ego the guy could have probably been a successful science fiction writer and radio personality welcomed by the mainstream entertainment industry.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 05, 2017, 10:39:21 PM
Do you people think Hoagland sincerely believes he's a scientist, albeit self educated, with compelling hypotheses such as proof of Martian Type II civilization, torsion field/hyperdimensial waves detected with a Bulova watch at a Mayan pyramid or he knows it's all bullshit and he's a fraud?

"Look, when I run up this Mayan pyramid with a 40 year old wristwatch, the watch goes all spiky. It's torsion fields!!"  ;D  from RationalWiki's page on him

I think he's deluded himself and believes most everything that pops into his head and out his mouth. A type of sociopath, where he believes he's smarter than most everybody else and the equal of people like his late good friend 'Carl' with no valid reason for that belief.

If not for his ego the guy could have probably been a successful science fiction writer and radio personality welcomed by the mainstream entertainment industry.

Fraud would imply that he was intentionally trying to deceive and I don't think that's it at all. It's probably more like he's deluded himself into thinking he's an amateur scientist of sorts because of his work as a media consultant for NASA. I think he needs to create a new category for himself. In the same way a lot of "news" shows are actually just punditry or analysis of the news Hoagie's show is speculation and analysis of science but not science itself. If he presented it that way it would be much more respectable but this is Hoagie we're talking about. Half the fun in listening to his show is knowing that sooner or later (probably sooner) his ego will cause his train to derail.  ;D

zeebo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 05, 2017, 10:39:21 PM
Do you people think Hoagland sincerely believes he's a scientist, albeit self educated, with compelling hypotheses ...

I think he sees himself as something grander than a typical scientist, a kind of free-thinking visionary not beholden to such rigid ways of viewing reality.  But it's odd - he insists he's got good data like any scientist would require, but then he dismisses that this data doesn't hold up to peer scrutiny, which is directly at odds with the scientific method. 

In any case, if he's faking it, he's got me fooled.  His passion and arrogance sound sincere, if completely misguided.  He is clearly intelligent, and does know quite alot about a range of fields, and yet somehow he still reaches these fanciful conclusions - it's part of why I find him such a curiosity.