• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Quote from: onan on July 17, 2014, 12:14:37 AM
Time's article gives a pretty good understanding to the native american thing.

At least she didn't camp out at niggerhead.

Just a guess, it was all a big misunderstanding?

The question is:  did she or did she not claim to be Native American in order to increase her chances of being hired at these universities? 

If she did, she's corrupt, willing to lie to take advantage, and not worthy of public office - exactly the kind of person we need to stop electing from either party.  If not, then it truly is a harmless misunderstanding.

My guess is those records - following Obama's lead in this area - will either be hidden or 'lost'.  Or worse, Big Media will lead any cover-up and won't even ask the question.

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 17, 2014, 02:43:44 AM

Just a guess, it was all a big misunderstanding?

The question is:  did she or did she not claim to be Native American in order to increase her chances of being hired at these universities? 

If she did, she's corrupt, willing to lie to take advantage, and not worthy of public office - exactly the kind of person we need to stop electing from either party.  If not, then it truly is a harmless misunderstanding.

My guess is those records - following Obama's lead in this area - will either be hidden or 'lost'.  Or worse, Big Media will lead any cover-up and won't even ask the question.

believe it or not, I agree with your sentiment. We don't need politicians that, simply put, lie to get ahead. In a perfect world...

But this particular claim of dishonesty seems petty. I don't get the feel of some higher ethical level promulgating better politicians thanks to Scott Brown.

Scott Brown lost in Massachusetts, so he took his carpet bag to the next state over to give it a go there.  He wants to be a well-paid career politician with perks, power and press coverage.

I guess that makes him a bit like Hillary who set up shop in a state she felt confident she'd take.

A bit like Liz Cheney suddenly feeling a need to represent the good folks of Wyoming.

Oh, wait... You mean both sides pull this shit?  Both sides are probe to greed and corruption?  Hot damn, who knew?

paladin1991

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 16, 2014, 09:06:37 PM
The Obamas and Clintons despise each other.  And I agree with both sides on this one.

Anyway, the Obamas appear to have found their candidate to oppose Hill for the Democrat nomination in the 2016 Presidential campaign - Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth 'Pocahontas' Warren.

Seems she specializes in bankruptcy law.  Perfect.

paladin1991

Quote from: West of the Rockies on July 17, 2014, 08:06:24 AM
Scott Brown lost in Massachusetts, so he took his carpet bag to the next state over to give it a go there.  He wants to be a well-paid career politician with perks, power and press coverage.

I guess that makes him a bit like Hillary who set up shop in a state she felt confident she'd take.

A bit like Liz Cheney suddenly feeling a need to represent the good folks of Wyoming.

Oh, wait... You mean both sides pull this shit?  Both sides are probe to greed and corruption?  Hot damn, who knew?
That's right WotR.  Anybody who WANTS to be a politician is automatically suspect.  Fucking whores.  Actually, that is an insult to whores.  With a whore you pay for what you get.  You know up front.  There's no love that isn't purchased by the hour.
Pols.....ppl still want to believe in those maggots....that maybe this time....

Quote from: West of the Rockies on July 17, 2014, 08:06:24 AM

Dick Cheney was the long time Rep from Wyoming.

I assume Liz mostly grew up in DC, but at least she can claim to be from Wyoming. 

Once elected, these people all live in DC.  The Republican Sen from Kansas no longer even has a home there, and that has become an issue in his upcoming Primary.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 17, 2014, 12:27:13 AM

Uh-oh, did I hit a nerve?

Oh yes, she's so very genuine.  Exactly the word I'd use to describe her.  As genuine as the 'Indian' trinkets they sell at the Mt Rushmore gift shop.

Or sincere.  She's very very sincere.  Honest Injun.

Just what we need, another nobody to get in way over their head.  Last time around the election turned on skin color.  Are we really so unserious in this country that next time it's going to be about genitalia?

Great. Keeping pushing at it.  You losers can't win an election without defining your opponent as something malicious, alien, and foreign. 

No, really, I'm sure you guys will be able to run with "she claimed she's injun!!" as your ass-backward platform.  Why don't you have another convention where small business owners whine about how life just isn't fair?  Where white executives fly in on private jets to complain about the injustice of raising the minimum wage?  Fucking clueless.

Cannot wait for the pissed off, white, "Suthin'" stuffed shirt, perma-parted teabagger you guys put out there.  2016 is going to be a rout. 

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 18, 2014, 03:12:36 PM
Cannot wait for the pissed off, white, "Suthin'" stuffed shirt, perma-parted teabagger you guys put out there. 

Wait.  Wat?  They're going to run a fag?

albrecht

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 18, 2014, 03:25:49 PM
Wait.  Wat?  They're going to run a fag?
Already are apparently.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/15/carl-demaio-2014_n_5588677.html
And he doesn't need a beard, take so many tax-payer funded separate vacations and "fund raising" trips, body-men, or even seeming to flirt with a homosexual server at a bbq joint (on yet another Michelle-less trip!) Gotta love that flamboyant expression and odd fist-bump picture!
http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/gay-place/2014-07-11/fist-bumps-for-equal-rights/

I think all homosexuals, or whatever other fetishists or even those (and there are many) who cheat on their spouses, should "come out." This eliminates any potential security threat (of political blackmail, other countries using the secret life to gain national secrets, etc) and likely would make them happier people and, therefore, better politicians and leaders. And save tax dollars on secret trysts, separate vacations, lawyers fighting allegations (like with Bill), and so on.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 18, 2014, 03:12:36 PM
Great. Keeping pushing at it.  You losers can't win an election without defining your opponent as something malicious, alien, and foreign...

Well, your Party is the one running candidates who want to fundamentally transform the country.  You should probably expect pushback from the real Americans who don't wish to be fundamentally transformed.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 18, 2014, 03:57:45 PM

Well, your Party is the one running candidates who want to fundamentally transform the country.  You should probably expect pushback from the real Americans who don't wish to be fundamentally transformed.
Well, that's fine, but have the 'nads to say that.  And be prepared for the blowback; "less taxes, smaller government" ain't gonna cover it.

You should probably expect pushback from the real Americans who don't wish to be fundamentally transformed.

You posted this from your smart phone right after checking your social media account, didn't you?  Admit it.

qaddisin

Hate to break it to you, but this country has been continually transforming since its creation. If we stood pat at the Bill of Rights, women would be second-class citizens, blackfolk would still be property, and corporations wouldn't be people, too. And all through that, I'm sure there were people that called themselves 'real Americans' who worked against those changes.

NowhereInTime

Well, your party supports ignorant racist douchebags like this:

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2014/07/25/exclusive_freshman_congressman_mistakes_senior_government_officials_for_foreigners

...who are too stupid to realize Americans can be other colors than white and more educated than "Suthin'". Even after being told otherwise, tea-bagger Curt Clawson (y'all) didn't even realize these were government officials, for Heaven's Sake.

Stupid ass tea bagger fucking conservatives.  But HOW DARE YOU CALL THEM RACIST!?!!!!

I'm not interested in joining the argument, but I would like to know what characteristics, other than birth or naturalization (and correct me if I'm wrong about naturalization), make a person a "real American." 

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 25, 2014, 05:31:00 PM
Well, your party supports ignorant racist douchebags like this:

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2014/07/25/exclusive_freshman_congressman_mistakes_senior_government_officials_for_foreigners

...who are too stupid to realize Americans can be other colors than white and more educated than "Suthin'". Even after being told otherwise, tea-bagger Curt Clawson (y'all) didn't even realize these were government officials, for Heaven's Sake.

Stupid ass tea bagger fucking conservatives.  But HOW DARE YOU CALL THEM RACIST!?!!!!
That is hilarious. Heck of a lot easier before the riff-raff came in. We need to go back to old immigration policies to avoid these clumsy errors. I note the article didn't mention these government employees' background.  Just "American" which, as any progressive knows, could mean Mexican, Canadian, USA, etc citizen.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 25, 2014, 05:54:59 PM
I'm not interested in joining the argument, but I would like to know what characteristics, other than birth or naturalization (and correct me if I'm wrong about naturalization), make a person a "real American."
I say 3 generations, minimum. But I'm not a Republican, Democrat, or Teaparty (or Green or whatever) so don't call my views anybody else's. But enough family history, land, and roots here in the USA to have actual skin in the game, knowledge of the country, relatives in various States and places, etc. Now, legally, once you are born here or are naturalized you are an American Citizen. But not a "real one." Of course, I also think you should have to own real property, be literate, and not be an employee of the government or net gainer when filing personal income tax  to vote in national elections and Senators should not be popularly elected. And no standing army except the National Guard in each State and keep our nuclear deterrent up-to-date to dissuade invasion. So there!

qaddisin

Quote from: albrecht on July 25, 2014, 06:07:35 PM
That is hilarious. Heck of a lot easier before the riff-raff came in. We need to go back to old immigration policies to avoid these clumsy errors. I note the article didn't mention these government employees' background.  Just "American" which, as any progressive knows, could mean Mexican, Canadian, USA, etc citizen.

Alright, I'm not entirely certain what you're trying to say here, so if you could clarify, that would be wonderful. By 'riff-raff', are you referring to Rep. Clawson or to people like Nisha Biswal and Arun Kumar (officials for the State Department and Commerce Department, btw) , the two that Rep. Clawson is addressing?

And I'm not certain how old immigration policies would help, unless you are referring to something like the Chinese Exclusion Act. Do you think it would make things easier for people if we limited admittance into the country to people that had American sounding names?

And you're right, "American" could mean any number of original nationalities. From what I learned in school, a vast majority of our nation's population either emigrated here, or are descended from people that emigrated here. Of course, you could just think that the plaque the Statue of Liberty holds just sends a message to the rest of the world about our wonderful sense of irony.

Of course, your post could have been sarcastic, and I fail to get over a computer most of the time.

Quote from: albrecht on July 25, 2014, 06:14:10 PM
I say 3 generations, minimum. But I'm not a Republican, Democrat, or Teaparty (or Green or whatever) so don't call my views anybody else's. But enough family history, land, and roots here in the USA to have actual skin in the game, knowledge of the country, relatives in various States and places, etc. Now, legally, once you are born here or are naturalized you are an American Citizen. But not a "real one." Of course, I also think you should have to own real property, be literate, and not be an employee of the government or net gainer when filing personal income tax  to vote in national elections and Senators should not be popularly elected. And no standing army except the National Guard in each State and keep our nuclear deterrent up-to-date to dissuade invasion. So there!

Okay, so if your parents immigrated here and everyone in your family rents and lives in one state, you don't qualify.  Same thing if you work in the public sector (does that include police, firefighters, and your mail carrier?).  That's interesting and instructive. Thank you.

qaddisin

Quote from: albrecht on July 25, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Interesting views. I'll have to ask my immigrant friends (resident aliens and naturalized citizens) what they think about this. But I will note that they are generally more well-versed in US history and civics and actually have a better understanding of the "American Dream" than the average third generation American.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 25, 2014, 06:49:34 PM
Okay, so if your parents immigrated here and everyone in your family rents and lives in one state, you don't qualify.  Same thing if you work in the public sector (does that include police, firefighters, and your mail carrier?).  That's interesting and instructive. Thank you.
Yes. Though, your knowledge of facts is wanting, sadly. The Post Office has been spun-off. It is no longer an official Federal government agency, so they could vote in Federal elections. The police, mainly, are paid by their municipality, city, county, or state- not the Federal government. As with most of your firefighters. So they could vote in Federal elections. Providing that they also could prove residency, citizenship, literacy, and owned real property, and were not a net gainer from their Federal income tax filings. In other words: pay to play. In any event, they would still be able to vote in their local, County, and State elections. Actually simple residency, but not necessarily even citizenship, would entitle you to vote in your local elections as you have some right to be heard on your local conditions but as a non-citizen not on overall Federal law and policy (though this would be determined by the State legislatures.)

Here is some more: no outside money from anyone (family, corporations, racial pressure groups, national political Parties, special interest groups, lobbyists, or individuals) from out of state (or country) can go into campaigns for any local, State, or National office election. Except the Presidential election and then they must state clearly what candidate they are supporting and how much the advertisement cost them each time it runs (in as real-time as possible) and who paid for it (and a clear link on bottom to a website stating who paid for it in detail, with names and amounts.)  And, while I'm at it, also advertizing of prescription drugs and lawsuit advice is now prohibited.

albrecht

Quote from: qaddisin on July 25, 2014, 07:02:03 PM
Interesting views. I'll have to ask my immigrant friends (resident aliens and naturalized citizens) what they think about this. But I will note that they are generally more well-versed in US history and civics and actually have a better understanding of the "American Dream" than the average third generation American.
I'm curious to hear what they think. Often the more recent, legal immigrants respect our country's history and promise more than us. But, also, more likely to be sold a bill-of-goods when it comes to "streets made of gold" etc. Rest assured in my scheme (somewhat jokingly but "if I were king" etc) resident aliens could vote, just not in national elections but certainly in local matters. I would hesitate to allow either naturalized or resident aliens to vote immediately in national elections as it is too easy, especially now, to become a US citizen and because, as I also mentioned, I would have other criteria also to vote in national elections (real property ownership, literacy, net loser in Federal income tax filings, not employed by the Federal government, etc.)

Quote from: albrecht on July 25, 2014, 07:15:54 PM
Yes. Though, your knowledge of facts is wanting, sadly. The Post Office has been spun-off. It is no longer an official Federal government agency, so they could vote in Federal elections. The police, mainly, are paid by their municipality, city, county, or state- not the Federal government. As with most of your firefighters. So they could vote in Federal elections. Providing that they also could prove residency, citizenship, literacy, and owned real property, and were not a net gainer from their Federal income tax filings. In other words: pay to play. In any event, they would still be able to vote in their local, County, and State elections. Actually simple residency, but not necessarily even citizenship, would entitle you to vote in your local elections as you have some right to be heard on your local conditions but as a non-citizen not on overall Federal law and policy (though this would be determined by the State legislatures.)

Here is some more: no outside money from anyone (family, corporations, racial pressure groups, national political Parties, special interest groups, lobbyists, or individuals) from out of state (or country) can go into campaigns for any local, State, or National office election. Except the Presidential election and then they must state clearly what candidate they are supporting and how much the advertisement cost them each time it runs (in as real-time as possible) and who paid for it (and a clear link on bottom to a website stating who paid for it in detail, with names and amounts.)  And, while I'm at it, also advertizing of prescription drugs and lawsuit advice is now prohibited.

We can split hairs about the USPS and get nowhere, but I'm not going to argue about it. Since it's described as "an independent agency of The United States federal government," I suppose that makes it neither fish nor fowl.  As for the police and fire departments, you mentioned "government" employees" without making any distinctions, so I figured you meant all levels of government.  You meant no real Americans are employed by the federal government.

All in all, it sounds like real Americans comprise a very small demographic because--like astronauts and major league catchers--very few people are able to meet the stringent requirements.  What troubles me now is that I've lived in some places where most of the people considered themselves real Americans even though aspects of their lives disqualified them from making the claim. I took them at their word because they tended to be good, sincere, usually religious, and proudly patriotic people, but now I don't if they were lying, or if they just didn't realize they were misrepresenting themselves.  Either way, I have a bad feeling my world is on the verge of capsizing yet again, and right now I'm anxious, confused, and very far away from my happy place.

Here is one of the less intelligent members of Congress - Eleanor Holmes Norton (D, Washington DC) - misinforming her committee regarding separation of powers.

7-25-2014 You Don't Have A Right to Know Everything In a Separation of Powers Government

Actually, Eleanor, Congress has oversight of the Executive Branch - which surely includes the right to know what's going on.  The House has the obligation to know what is happening and to report to we the people - no matter what the Fascist Democrat Party thinks. 

Separation of Powers means different branches have different responsibilities - an attempt to keep power from being consolidated in the hands of one person or in the hands of just a few people.  Just the opposite of what the very stupid Representative from Washington DC is implying on this clip.

Remember Obama telling us this was going to be the most transparent administration in history?  Another lie.

Quote from: qaddisin on July 25, 2014, 02:30:49 PM
Hate to break it to you, but this country has been continually transforming since its creation. If we stood pat at the Bill of Rights, women would be second-class citizens, blackfolk would still be property, and corporations wouldn't be people, too...

Since we all already know that, then it follows that isn't quite what Obama was talking about.   Same thing with his 'you didn't build that' comment.  We all already know others are involved along the way in our success, so instead of merely telling us what we already knew, he was saying something very different - he was belittling successful people.  As Marxists are inclined to do.

So I hate to break it to you but, 'we are going to fundamentally transform this nation' is very different from saying 'things change over time'.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 25, 2014, 08:24:19 PM
We can split hairs about the USPS and get nowhere, but I'm not going to argue about it. Since it's described as "an independent agency of The United States federal government," I suppose that makes it neither fish nor fowl.  As for the police and fire departments, you mentioned "government" employees" without making any distinctions, so I figured you meant all levels of government.  You meant no real Americans are employed by the federal government.

All in all, it sounds like real Americans comprise a very small demographic because--like astronauts and major league catchers--very few people are able to meet the stringent requirements.  What troubles me now is that I've lived in some places where most of the people considered themselves real Americans even though aspects of their lives disqualified them from making the claim. I took them at their word because they tended to be good, sincere, usually religious, and proudly patriotic people, but now I don't if they were lying, or if they just didn't realize they were misrepresenting themselves.  Either way, I have a bad feeling my world is on the verge of capsizing yet again, and right now I'm anxious, confused, and very far away from my happy place.
Do not worry. You will have no problems in this new open-border world. Of course, the LCD approach to society, economy, and culture has happened before. It, usually, ends well- for a short time- for those who seek it. Scary and most violent who don't. But who cares about them? Evil types! Exploiters! Eventually though it gets to that base level and, then, even those regret it. Seeking harm on others instead of trying to raise up everyone is a bad deal. But, I reckon, that is the way it goes. It will be interesting when the USA gets the Mexico-style politics! You think two party system is bad. Haha. Awesome.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 25, 2014, 08:57:11 PM
Here is one of the less intelligent members of Congress - Eleanor Holmes Norton (D, Washington DC) - misinforming her committee regarding separation of powers.

7-25-2014 You Don't Have A Right to Know Everything In a Separation of Powers Government

Actually, Eleanor, Congress has oversight of the Executive Branch - which surely includes the right to know what's going on.  The House has the obligation to know what is happening and to report to we the people - no matter what the Fascist Democrat Party thinks. 

Separation of Powers means different branches have different responsibilities - an attempt to keep power from being consolidated in the hands of one person or in the hands of just a few people.  Just the opposite of what the very stupid Representative from Washington DC is implying on this clip.

Remember Obama telling us this was going to be the most transparent administration in history?  Another lie.

There is at least one source who claims to be unimpeachable, because "nobody could make up cray ass shit like this," who insists that Eleanor Holmes Norton was once secretly married to porn legend, John C. Holmes.  While there is no evidence of them ever even meeting each other, her stubborn refusal to deny the allegations and come clean about the whole matter suggests she's not leveling with real Americans.  She needs to be investigated.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 25, 2014, 05:54:59 PM

A 'real American' would not have been sitting in Rev Wrights racist Marxist Black Liberation Theology church all those years, harboring hate, anger, and resentment for the US.  Nor would a 'real American' support failed ideas imported from Europe such as Marxism and Socialism.

I'd say the level of lawlessness going on in this Administration are not the actions of 'real Americans'.   

Supporting Sunni Jihad when he can, the saturation spying campaign and setting up a police state, siccing the IRS on political enemies, thumbing his nose at court decisions, ignoring some laws he doesn't like and unilaterally changing others, ignoring the limits to his office, ignoring separation of powers, abusing Executive Orders and Executive Privilege, bypassing the confirmation process in appointing those illegal 'czars', abandoning his ambassador in Benghazi, running guns to the Mexican Narco-terrorists...  Barrack Obama is not one of us.

Quote from: albrecht on July 25, 2014, 09:54:39 PM
Do not worry. You will have no problems in this new open-border world. Of course, the LCD approach to society, economy, and culture has happened before. It, usually, ends well- for a short time- for those who seek it. Scary and most violent who don't. But who cares about them? Evil types! Exploiters! Eventually though it gets to that base level and, then, even those regret it. Seeking harm on others instead of trying to raise up everyone is a bad deal. But, I reckon, that is the way it goes. It will be interesting when the USA gets the Mexico-style politics! You think two party system is bad. Haha. Awesome.

If there's anyone who's in favor of all that, I'd like to meet him or her just so I could see what real batshit crazy looks like up close, but you jumped the topic rails a little.  Getting back on track, do you meet all your criteria for the right to call yourself a real American?  You made it sound like an all or nothing proposition.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 25, 2014, 09:59:40 PM
There is at least one source who claims to be unimpeachable, because "nobody could make up cray ass shit like this," who insists that Eleanor Holmes Norton was once secretly married to porn legend, John C. Holmes.  While there is no evidence of them ever even meeting each other, her stubborn refusal to deny the allegations and come clean about the whole matter suggests she's not leveling with real Americans.  She needs to be investigated..

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with her comments on the YouTube video I linked, but I'm glad the Washington DC Rep is a non-voting member of the House.  Too bad she isn't a non-speaking member