• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

weeberwubber

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on July 19, 2015, 04:00:36 PM
Mid 90's for me. Gotta love third shift Kinkos, and even better was piping his broadcasts into the stores system. Never had one complaint BTW.

Mid 90s here too. Have a picture frame shop and since you can't make anything until it's been sold and people want things as fast as possible I used to work insane hours in the heyday. We were so busy that a few nights a week I would work until 3 or 4 am with a few guys and Art would keep the workshop entertained. I might work some long shifts in the upcoming weeks just out of pure nostalgia.

Also in the mid 90s I didn't have a lot of smarts and one night I was driving home after having a few. Got pulled over. Since it was late at night there were three squad cars. They pulled me out to walk a line. I had an Area 51 sticker on the back of my SUV. As I'm walking the cop asks "You listen to Art Bell?"  "Yes, sir!" I replied, my pronunciation sounding a tiny bit more like Dave than it should. He nods and winks.

After making sure I only had a few they made me promise to never drive over the limit again and I never have. They also followed me home to make sure all was safe. Thanks Art!

Catsmile

Quote from: Morgus on July 19, 2015, 05:57:58 PM
That sounds like the same stream startup issue, intermitten and have to keep retrying several times for several minutes to get connected.
Weird that we didn't have this startup issue before THIS weekend!

Maybe its some kind of internet attack on the DM servers by some unknown agency?  8)

It's gotta be a Gov agency! THE END IS NEAR~!1

Seems okay for the moment for both .ACC and .MP3.
We shall see how it all works out tonight.

WOTR

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 19, 2015, 05:31:33 PM
Question:  What is your favorite bumper?  Post it!   8)

Quote from: weeberwubber on July 19, 2015, 06:02:46 PM
Mid 90s here too. Have a picture frame shop and since you can't make anything until it's been sold and people want things as fast as possible I used to work insane hours in the heyday. We were so busy that a few nights a week I would work until 3 or 4 am with a few guys and Art would keep the workshop entertained. I might work some long shifts in the upcoming weeks just out of pure nostalgia.

Also in the mid 90s I didn't have a lot of smarts and one night I was driving home after having a few. Got pulled over. Since it was late at night there were three squad cars. They pulled me out to walk a line. I had an Area 51 sticker on the back of my SUV. As I'm walking the cop asks "You listen to Art Bell?"  "Yes, sir!" I replied, my pronunciation sounding a tiny bit more like Dave than it should. He nods and winks.

After making sure I only had a few they made me promise to never drive over the limit again and I never have. They also followed me home to make sure all was safe. Thanks Art!

That's an awesome story! Yeah, Art kept a lot of us company while we worked. For you he kept you out of Jail!

Catsmile

Quote from: onan on July 19, 2015, 05:39:50 PM
Living in the past is depression, in the future is anxiety.

onan

Get off of my cloud... of neurosis.

Morgus

Quote from: Catsmile on July 19, 2015, 06:02:51 PM
It's gotta be a Gov agency! THE END IS NEAR~!1

Seems okay for the moment for both .ACC and .MP3.
We shall see how it all works out tonight.

Or Noory's minions trying to sabotage?  8)
Yeah the DM stream startup has been quick and steady for the last 10min or so - hope it stays that way now!

Quote from: Catsmile on July 19, 2015, 03:40:08 PM
Dark Matter Digital Network (DMDN)

AAC Stream:
http://live.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com:80/darkmatter.aac

MP3 Stream:

http://live.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com:80/darkmatter.mp3

I couldn't connect today either, using the links on darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com which are different than the ones posted above which do work.  Why are the links different?

Juan

If (Redacted) did so well with little experience, why is sNoory so bad with years of experience? 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Morgus on July 19, 2015, 06:08:31 PM
Or Noory's minions trying to sabotage?  8)
Yeah the DM stream startup has been quick and steady for the last 10min or so - hope it stays that way now!

Now Tunein will not connect.  "WE DIDN'T FIND ANY PLAYABLE STREAMS"

Zenman

BELLACAST  tonight  STARTS RIGHT AFTER ART STOPS TALKING
http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat/
Or, for players and such:  http://50.7.71.219:7453/live.m3u

Hosts: nbirnes & RoseGirl

Possible Topics Include:
   THE NIGHT BEFORE ARTMAS
   MITD OPEN LINES TEST SHOW Discussion
   Pahrump Weather Report
   And more...!

Plus: CALL-INS: Gabbers, Gabblings & Civilians are all
Welcome to Call the Bella Line at: 215 488-7374

Come join the talk and fishbot slapping!

Lowbot

Some Velvet Morning...
'Cause it's just so wIerD.

nika01

Quote from: Juan on July 19, 2015, 06:12:37 PM
If (Redacted) did so well with little experience, why is sNoory so bad with years of experience?

You cant learn intelligence. Redacted has it, Dave was in the long line for pizza rolls and missed out.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lowbot on July 19, 2015, 06:18:59 PM
Some Velvet Morning...
'Cause it's just so wIerD.
Yeah that is number 1.3

Alright.

Darkmatter on TuneIn isnt working.
UFOShip on TuneIn is.
UFOShip.com is working for my PC also.
Darkmatter is working on my PC using External MP3 Player link

Really wish Darkmatter for TuneIn was working.

Morgus

Quote from: Marc.Knight on July 19, 2015, 06:13:18 PM
Now Tunein will not connect.  "WE DIDN'T FIND ANY PLAYABLE STREAMS"
Yep thats what I've been experience all this past weekend - times of intermittent unable to connect on the smartphone with Tunein or on the PC via direct stream playback or the DM website popup player.
If you keep trying over and over eventually you connect, but it used to happen within a few seconds before this weekend.
Acts like the stream servers are getting hit by an overload/attack!

nika01

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on July 19, 2015, 06:28:26 PM
Alright.

Darkmatter on TuneIn isnt working.
UFOShip on TuneIn is.
UFOShip.com is working for my PC also.
Darkmatter is working on my PC using External MP3 Player link

Really wish Darkmatter for TuneIn was working.
I am listening to DMDN on TuneIn right now. It has had issues though. Winks out, wont come back. Then all of a  sudden.... it works

Morgus

Quote from: nika01 on July 19, 2015, 06:31:03 PM
I am listening to DMDN on TuneIn right now. It has had issues though. Winks out, wont come back. Then all of a  sudden.... it works
Yep sounds like the intermittent stream startup issue.
We need to find a way to report this issue to Keith since its now confirmed we are all seeing it at times.

Crap. Well, I love chit chatting on my app as well. I hope it gets fixed and fixed soon! Who at Darkmatter do we have to let know its broken?

Scully

Quote from: Morgus on July 19, 2015, 06:30:34 PM
Yep thats what I've been experience all this past weekend - times of intermittent unable to connect on the smartphone with Tunein or on the PC via direct stream playback or the DM website popup player.
If you keep trying over and over eventually you connect, but it used to happen within a few seconds before this weekend.
Acts like the stream servers are getting hit by an overload/attack!

Same here.  :(

spellerine

My favourites are Some Velvet Morning and Get Right Back To Where We Started From.  When I hear SVM, it is usually during a really weird/deep show and I know that sh** is about to get real...

When I hear Get Right Back, I get the feeling that Art is enjoying the guest/topic and just good vibes in general.

Morgus

My favorites were mostly the instrumental selections like from Cusco and Art confirmed he will still be playing those.
Unfortunately Art won't have any of his pre-1972 bumper music now?
I guess that leaves out "Classical Gas" from 1968...  :-[

It really sucks that Noory still plays lots of Art's old bumper music and doesn't have the pre-1972 limit, but Art can't!  >:(

nika01

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on July 19, 2015, 06:35:19 PM
Crap. Well, I love chit chatting on my app as well. I hope it gets fixed and fixed soon! Who at Darkmatter do we have to let know its broken?

I honestly think they know. Keith Rowland is most likely on top of it, but it may be beyond his control if its external in nature.

indigoo

The stream issues may be a thing for a bit until the load is sorted out? Let's remember how many new audience members will probably be tuning in. However, it will be nice that there are alternatives to hearing the show unlike Sirius. Shortwave, AM, players on AM websites, Time Travelers...

Let's just hope it's not too discouraging for Art & co. Best thing would be for it to be smooth sailing. I will most likely just tune in via AM.

MAX

just got on with my Iphone on Tunein no issue, last night took longer to connect then normal ,  but got in OK, hope its volume and not Bots....