• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

triola

You can also just close out your browser, then bring it back on and try to connect again - the object being to force a new connection instead of a cached (failed) connection.

stevenotero

Stream is back online for me.

Working on everything.

Kolchak

Quote from: stevenotero on July 19, 2015, 09:30:05 PM
Stream is back online for me.

Working on everything.

Ditto. Tunein just kicked in.

PathoJen

I GOT IT. on Tunein on my iPhone. I'm seriously thinking it's a clogging issue...too much traffic. Because I let it continue to buffer for like 15 minutes, no restart, and eventually I got in. Hope it lasts.

Heydeb7

I have a grace radio and listening to dark matter right now. It's working fine. At least for me...everyone come on over...

triola

Quote from: Heydeb7 on July 19, 2015, 09:27:33 PM
If there is the same problem tomorrow. Just keep in mind for a last resort... Go to artbell.com and find all the radio stations that will play the actual show, pick a radio station anywhere in the country then listen to that radio station on I heart radio. Just till everything runs smooth. Can't miss the show!!! But that won't work for tonight's test show.

That might not work, Art has a restriction on stations re-streaming his show.

Mastodonkey

Sirius streaming issues all over again except now it's Art and Keith's problem. But I am still having no issues and I would guess most people aren't. Streaming such as this is bound to have intermittent issues on so many levels.

No reason to hit the panic button.

WOTR

Quote from: PathoJen on July 19, 2015, 09:21:58 PM
Oh no. Same here, can't get it to work anywhere. Panic is setting in.
http://tunein.com/radio/UFOShipcom-s237118/
This started working.

devoidzero

TuneIn app for Android is working like a charm.  Any reports from iOS users?

werfold

This really does not surprise me, start small and go from there? I don't think so Art.

PathoJen

Quote from: devoidzero on July 19, 2015, 09:31:55 PM
wasn't working, but is now.

werfold

OK, I now have a live stream on my PC.

http://live.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/darkmatter.mp3 it fired up first try (chrome) and sounds good, hope it's clearing up.

Heather Wade

Quote from: PathoJen on July 19, 2015, 09:34:20 PM
wasn't working, but is now.

Cool.  Anyone else having issues?

Willis

Stream not working?

Try this:

In VLC go to Open Network Stream
Then enter this: http://dmr.streamguys1.com/darkmatter-mp3

Heydeb7

Quote from: triola on July 19, 2015, 09:31:03 PM
That might not work, Art has a restriction on stations re-streaming his show.

There are actual stations that have agreed with art about the restrictions. And he does list quite a few stations. Think it's pretty cool they agreed..

Zenman

Quote from: triola on July 19, 2015, 09:26:07 PM
http://live.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/darkmatter.mp3 is still streaming, try clearing your cache between retries. Once you connect you might be good to go.

Excellent tips, triola. Those are always some of the things I try that often work. And rebooting completely is good too.

Lowbot

Quote from: devoidzero on July 19, 2015, 09:31:55 PM

iOS is working.

basswood

Quote from: Willis on July 19, 2015, 09:34:55 PM
Stream not working?

Try this:

In VLC go to Open Network Stream
Then enter this: http://dmr.streamguys1.com/darkmatter-mp3

Just clicked right on the link and am hearing somebody talking now, I guess that's good :)
Thanks!!!

werfold

It's now working on my Logitech Sqeezebox also. I am so relieved. Can't wait!

someguy

my favourite bumper music is abba

Heather Wade

Quote from: werfold on July 19, 2015, 09:37:08 PM
It's now working on my Logitech Sqeezebox also. I am so relieved. Can't wait!

Lets take a ride....

Zenman

Quote from: Heydeb7 on July 19, 2015, 09:27:33 PM
If there is the same problem tomorrow. Just keep in mind for a last resort... Go to artbell.com and find all the radio stations that will play the actual show, pick a radio station anywhere in the country then listen to that radio station on I heart radio. Just till everything runs smooth. Can't miss the show!!! But that won't work for tonight's test show.

Most excellent tip! But alas you're correct that it won't work for tonight.

ETA: Actually I think the restreaming is indeed an issue tho.

PathoJen

Quote from: Zenman on July 19, 2015, 09:35:34 PM
Excellent tips, triola. Those are always some of the things I try that often work. And rebooting completely is good too.
Are you on now Zenman?

dan7800

VLC is fine for me

Spinner

Quote from: Morgus on July 19, 2015, 06:30:34 PM
If you keep trying over and over eventually you connect, but it used to happen within a few seconds before this weekend.
Acts like the stream servers are getting hit by an overload/attack!
Kind of like what I started experiencing last night: I just couldn't connect using the DMDN pop-up player for a few minutes. It took several tries, but eventually it did start the stream. Same thing tonight (a few minutes ago), so I clicked on the tune-in link, and it took a while to connect, but I'm now in and listening to the last few minutes of Paranormal Central.

Too many users trying to connect...?
Hmmm...