• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Istanbul, not Constantinople

Started by Jackstar, June 28, 2016, 02:13:18 PM

Jackstar

Let's be honest here. Does this latest explosion mean much more than an excuse to trot out this old saw once again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi0Rt0slfy4

I'll be honest, I'm numb to explosions in airports now. /ignore

Dr. MD MD

Why did Constantinople get the works?!  ???

Jackstar

The other thread is Byzantium, and equally relevant.

ItsOver

When did "Istanbul" become "Eastanbul?"  That's what I keep hearing the talking heads call it now.  Did I miss the message from the in-crowd of PC talk at the Ministry of Truth?

Quote from: ItsOver on June 29, 2016, 03:58:32 PM
When did "Istanbul" become "Eastanbul?"  That's what I keep hearing the talking heads call it now.  Did I miss the message from the in-crowd of PC talk at the Ministry of Truth?

The intellgentsia have taken to slavish faithful pronunciations of foreign words so you know how smart and informed they are. Listen to Obama say 'Pakistan'.

ItsOver

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 30, 2016, 12:44:58 PM
The intellgentsia have taken to slavish faithful pronunciations of foreign words so you know how smart and informed they are. Listen to Obama say 'Pakistan'.
Ah, of course.  We MUST turn to our Dear Leader for all guidance for he knows best.

Philosopher

Amazing - Obama called the President of Turkey immediately after the terrorist attacks on the airport.  It took Obama three (3) days to call the governor of Florida after the nightclub massacre.  Fucking idiot.

ItsOver

Quote from: Philosopher on June 30, 2016, 12:57:59 PM
Amazing - Obama called the President of Turkey immediately after the terrorist attacks on the airport.  It took Obama three (3) days to call the governor of Florida after the nightclub massacre.  Fucking idiot.
He probably just forgot Florida is one of the 57 states.  Or maybe he thinks Turkey is one of the states.  It's tough to keep things straight when you're the self-appointed world leader.

Philosopher

Quote from: ItsOver on June 30, 2016, 01:02:45 PM
He probably just forgot Florida is one of the 57 states.  Or maybe he thinks Turkey is one of the states.  It's tough to keep things straight when you're the self-appointed world leader.

Well, Obama was wishing Orlando would just go away.  The governor kept making the point on FL TV.  "Where's the President, he won't answer my calls."  A disgrace.

Hollow Man

Quote from: Philosopher on June 30, 2016, 12:57:59 PM

It's amazing, isn't it? Talk about out of touch. Isis-loving Turkey's more important than Florida?! Haha, fucking asshole.

He also insulted Britain right after the Brexit vote by saying that they're not gonna "get special treatment" when it comes to negotiating new trade deals with us [since the EU takes care of that by default and now they're gonna be autonomous] just because they're our closest ally; they gotta go to the back of the line just like everybody else. He didn't like how they voted, so he's gonna punish 'em and scold them like little fucking children just because he's pissed. What a butthurt little bitch...  >:(

Philosopher

Quote from: Hollow Man on June 30, 2016, 01:08:05 PM
It's amazing, isn't it? Talk about out of touch. Isis-loving Turkey's more important than Florida?! Haha, fucking asshole.

He also insulted Britain right after the Brexit vote by saying that they're not gonna "get special treatment" when it comes to negotiating new trade deals with us [since the EU takes care of that by default and now they're gonna be autonomous] just because they're our closest ally; they gotta go to the back of the line just like everybody else. He didn't like how they voted, so he's gonna punish 'em and scold them like little fucking children just because he's pissed. What a butthurt little bitch...  >:(

Pure fucking incompetent.

Hollow Man

Quote from: Philosopher on June 30, 2016, 01:09:50 PM

Indeed. Oh, and if you're not totally, madly in love with free trade- or, horror of horrors, actually like protectionism *GASP*- you're a selfish racist who hates all our friends. Incredible, LOL!!!

Hmm.. but what if you're non-white and not a free trade zombie. I know several of those, actually. I don't think he thought this out too well.

Quote from: Hollow Man on June 30, 2016, 01:08:05 PM

He's throwing as big a temper tantrum as he can in his last year. Now he's pushing visa free travel. Seems to me like he wants to damage the US as much as possible before his ass is out the door.

IFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIFIF OKIE DOKE

pate

ItsOver

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 30, 2016, 12:44:58 PM
Ha! "Pakeestan," I believe.  I'm still laughing about "corpseman."  ;D  OK, MSM, time to make fun of this guy, again, and put on the blinders for your infallible dear leader.

albrecht

Quote from: Philosopher on June 30, 2016, 01:09:50 PM
Obama is not incompetent. He has an agenda and, as promised, he is fulfilling it. It is, simply put, that his agenda is to Balkanize the country and do as much damage to the country, culture, and people he has so much animosity towards. Whether this is economic (his government just revised, again, the economic outlook down*,) open-borders, divisive racial, class, and ethnic rhetoric, importation of unvetted radical Muslim "refugees," ordering policies to investigative agencies to ignore Islamic threats until after the Muslims do their "peace," crazed and unclear foreign policy, and undermine the military by planned VA abuses and oddball social experimentation in the ranks, etc. He promised to destroy "fundamentally transform" and he is doing so

* http://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-cuts-economic-growth-forecasts-1468601249

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on July 17, 2016, 09:22:40 AM
Obama is not incompetent. He has an agenda and, as promised, he is fulfilling it. It is, simply put, that his agenda is to Balkanize the country and do as much damage to the country, culture, and people he has so much animosity towards. Whether this is economic (his government just revised, again, the economic outlook down*,) open-borders, divisive racial, class, and ethnic rhetoric, importation of unvetted radical Muslim "refugees," ordering policies to investigative agencies to ignore Islamic threats until after the Muslims do their "peace," crazed and unclear foreign policy, and undermine the military by planned VA abuses and oddball social experimentation in the ranks, etc. He promised to destroy "fundamentally transform" and he is doing so

* http://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-cuts-economic-growth-forecasts-1468601249
Bunk.  Were you around in the 60's?  This is still trivia in comparison.  It's naive incompetence, abetted by dug-in ideologues on both sides.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 17, 2016, 09:44:44 AM
Bunk.  Were you around in the 60's?  This is still trivia in comparison.  It's naive incompetence, abetted by dug-in ideologues on both sides.
He has an agenda and is implementing it. The incompetence act is just that. On some issues it is incompetence but, since he has such animosity towards the country, he could not care how the results fall. On his key pet issues: various sexual/gender stuff, promotion of Islam, open-borders, and economic warfare on small businesses and certain industries he is not incompetent. He was raised in the doctrines of the radicals in the 60's. The difference now is that police aren't allowed to take care of business and the President, Governors, Hollywood, and some very rich internationalists etc are on the side of the criminal rioters and even excuse and support them, often. And the border is wide open. We took immigrants back then but had a process and would, at minimum verify their identity. No more. But you are correct in one aspect. The immigration reform in 1965 was the end of the country. Though the death spiral is taking some decades. Thanks Hart, Celler.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on July 17, 2016, 10:04:18 AM
He has an agenda and is implementing it. The incompetence act is just that.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2073.htm
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1952.htm

Speaking of which, it's time to stop being obtuse about this site.