Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

PrairieGhost

Lines are open Call: (424) 253-0632 or SKYPE amyontheradio

Page 100!

Zenman

Happy 100, Amy!

I'm groovin' to the music, and you and the guest.  :D

albrecht

I liked the apropos situation with a commercial for some energy drink made near Area-51 for gamers, radio listeners, and late-night study sessions! Haha

Zenman

I think I have the opposite of OCD in some respects. If things are too straightened up, I often have the urge to mess things up a bit. Seriously. In 3's usually.

albrecht

Quote from: Zenman on June 02, 2016, 09:16:50 PM
I think I have the opposite of OCD in some respects. If things are too straightened up, I often have the urge to mess things up a bit. Seriously. In 3's usually.
Ha, the next DSM will likely identify your "disease" and suggest some prescription drug can treat it!

Dr. MD MD

Has anyone seen the De Niro documentary on this? I haven't but, of course, would like to.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zenman on June 02, 2016, 09:16:50 PM

Freud would say you're anally expressive.  ;)

Jackstar

I don't believe that "herd immunity" is a real thing, and Amy's breathless exhortations to the contrary do little to nothing to impress me otherwise.

THE HONEYMOON IS OVER.

Dr. MD MD

Amy, ask about the De Niro doc.  :)

Jackstar

Dear Amy,

I'm not shy, I just don't want to tell you that you're delusional. Shoot the messenger, and all that.

Love,
Jack*

Zenman

Quote from: albrecht on June 02, 2016, 09:18:23 PM
Ha, the next DSM will likely identify your "disease" and suggest some prescription drug can treat it!

It's probably already in there. Probably fairly rare and requiring of unusual prescriptions, and therapies involving loud sounds and strobe lights and such.

Zenman

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 02, 2016, 09:20:43 PM
Freud would say you're anally expressive.  ;)

Wouldn't be the first.   :)

albrecht

Quote from: Zenman on June 02, 2016, 09:23:26 PM
It's probably already in there. Probably fairly rare and requiring of unusual prescriptions, and therapies involving loud sounds and strobe lights or such.
I'm thinking some "psychic driving" might be the , "depatterning" might be the solution. And it is was covered by the government health care system.

Dr. MD MD

John Lennon and Steve Jobs were proponents of this therapy too, so they were in good company.  ;)

In fact, Lennon wrote the song Mother after a number of sessions with Janov.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jackstar on June 02, 2016, 09:20:58 PM
I don't believe that "herd immunity" is a real thing, and Amy's breathless exhortations to the contrary do little to nothing to impress me otherwise.

THE HONEYMOON IS OVER.

Call Gary Spivey - STAT

Zenman

Quote from: albrecht on June 02, 2016, 09:26:16 PM
I'm thinking some "psychic driving" might be the , "depatterning" might be the solution. And it is was covered by the government health care system.

Sounds better than the strobes and loud sounds and such. More fun, anyway. And I like driving.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 02, 2016, 09:31:13 PM
Call Gary Spivey - STAT

By the power of Spivey, come forth Oolatec!  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 02, 2016, 09:32:59 PM
By the power of Spivey, come forth Oolatec!  ;D

Jackass said it worked after he called into OSOM and got a remote healing. Obviously it isn't permanent.

albrecht

I have a buddy who swears Adderall helps him fish and "get in the zone." He found some doctor who will prescribe, apparently one doesn't have to say much to get a doc to do so. BB players used to swear by bennies ("greenies") etc for the same thing. I'm like "yeah" but not good for you. Though, I guess, a matter of spectrum. Most people wouldn't bat an eye at coffee or now these 'energy' drinks.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on June 02, 2016, 09:42:29 PM
I have a buddy who swears Adderall helps him fish and "get in the zone." He found some doctor who will prescribe, apparently one doesn't have to say much to get a doc to do so. BB players used to swear by bennies ("greenies") etc for the same thing. I'm like "yeah" but not good for you. Though, I guess, a matter of spectrum. Most people wouldn't bat an eye at coffee or now these 'energy' drinks.

I took it for awhile when I was working and it did help me concentrate. I had to do some work awhile back and tried it again at the same and then at half the dosage and it made me feel like I was speeding my ass off. Not a good feeling.

Dr. MD MD

Please ask what the guest thinks of mass consciousness experiments conducted by meditators.

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 02, 2016, 09:40:24 PM
a remote healing. Obviously it isn't permanent.

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 02, 2016, 09:46:10 PM
made me feel like I was speeding my ass off. Not a good feeling.

I don't think you understand how feelings work. I really don't.

Zenman

We are lovely people.   :D

Good show! You're a trooper, Amy. Feel better.  :)

Lilith

Great show tonight!  I definitely will be listening to it again tomorrow with my coffee.

albrecht

Enjoyed the show and subject matter. Good job. Good sound, music, and etc also.

Dr. MD MD

I can only say it was alright tonight and not the usual great. It's just that it was a bit of a science PSA, which in-itself is alright but I would've preferred a few more outside of the box questions be asked. Not bad though.  :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on June 02, 2016, 09:58:41 PM

I don't think you understand how feelings work. I really don't.

Always good to hear from you, Jack!  :D