• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I'm done criticizing Heather.

Started by Auslandia, January 09, 2016, 11:23:23 AM

chefist

Quote from: onan on January 09, 2016, 03:14:30 PM
Heck, I don't drink. Been sober for a long time, and I would get drunk as hell with you guys.

I would buy! But would never want to be responsible for you falling off the wagon!  :D

chefist

Quote from: trostol on January 09, 2016, 03:16:16 PM
i disagree..George is a flake but thats just who he is..but all the rest..yup...he shows up..does what he does..doesn't rock the boat and rakes in his money

I look at him like a McDonald's hamburger...I don't like them, but many people do and they make it taste the same way each and every time...and you can get them pretty much whenever you want...

trostol

Quote from: chefist on January 09, 2016, 03:20:18 PM
I look at him like a McDonald's hamburger...I don't like them, but many people do and they make it taste the same way each and every time...and you can get them pretty much whenever you want...

so..he's....the hamburgler?

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 09, 2016, 03:09:08 PM
... I don't believe he could plan something out that would take two months to execute...

I think he figured out early on that - once again - he liked the idea of doing another show more than the grind of actually doing one.  And his family wasn't happy with him being out in the studio every evening plus whatever time the show prep was taking

Not saying he planned to quit from early on, only that he set up a plausible out for down the road if he needed it, he's been through this before.

trostol

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 09, 2016, 03:22:00 PM
I think he figured out early on that - once again - he liked the idea of doing another show more than the grind of actually doing one.  And his family wasn't happy with him being out in the studio every evening plus whatever time the show prep was taking

Not saying he planned to quit from early on, only that he set up a plausible out for down the road if he needed it, he's been through this before.

i agree with the unhappy family part...and i agree something happened..but i do not agree with the made up stalker story part of your theory

Auslandia

Quote from: trostol on January 09, 2016, 03:23:46 PM
i agree with the unhappy family part...and i agree something happened..but i do not agree with the made up stalker story part of your theory

I don't think he made it up.

trostol

Quote from: Auslandia on January 09, 2016, 03:25:52 PM

I don't think he made it up.

yup..something happened..probably we will never know exactly what

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on January 09, 2016, 03:13:45 PM
I just thought it was fun and wanted to help spread the word...oh well...not the first, nor the last time I will be disappointed...

My part was $220...not much to some, but for many folks that is a lot of money, so it deserves respect...

I've also heard from those who paid for and wrote the ad in the broadcasting magazine...they feel the same way as I...when you make a professional commitment, you follow through...

I've listened to George Noory a few times over the years, but just didn't like him as a radio personality or talk show host.  However, he shows up to work and is not a flake...he has that going for him at least...that shows you in life that consistency can be more valuable than unpredictable quality...any successful restaurant can tell you that...
Noory sucks but at least he sucks consistently.

Robert

Quote from: Auslandia on January 09, 2016, 12:11:03 PMAll the criticism can be summed up thusly:  Heather is not Art, therefore we are unsatisfied.
That's a lot of people's criticism, but it's not mine.  Mine takes the form, you did this well, you did that poorly, you had that almost right but....

Has anyone else here been a coach, a tutor, an instructor of any kind?  I've taught college courses, tutored individuals from child to adult, and coached children in football.  I'm approaching Ms. Wade as if she were a substitute for a star player, and now we should bring out her talent & smooth out rough spots.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 09, 2016, 03:09:03 PM
You're fucking stupid if you still think it's all made up. I suspect you don't actually believe that though. I'll concede that Art's an impulsive, poor decision maker, but there is zero reason to suspect he set this all up unless your motive is to troll for reactions, which is something only people that are fucked up in the head do.

At the risk of embarrassing him;' P-B isn't stupid. Sure, him and me have also had our battles, but he's decent on the human level. To turn it on it's head, you're stupid if you believe that the story he's drip fed out is anything but the desperate weaving of a tale to garner sympathy for when he'd already decided he was calling it a day, weeks before he actually did. I'll grant you, it's plausible if you take common sense and logic out of it, but what remains? Eventually it will all come out and I actually feel sorry for AB that he didn't have the courage to admit he'd had enough, (Some have been blaming his wife? FFS!!) and he no longer wanted to hang onto past glories and was basically tired of it. Time for a rest.

Auslandia

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2016, 03:28:19 PM
That's a lot of people's criticism, but it's not mine.  Mine takes the form, you did this well, you did that poorly, you had that almost right but....

Has anyone else here been a coach, a tutor, an instructor of any kind?  I've taught college courses, tutored individuals from child to adult, and coached children in football.  I'm approaching Ms. Wade as if she were a substitute for a star player, and now we should bring out her talent & smooth out rough spots.

Do you have radio experience or something?

Ciardelo

I imagined I was mentoring the Artic Changa lady and isn't she so much better now? You're welcome Art bell forum!

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 09, 2016, 03:22:00 PM

I have no reason to doubt Art's story.  I'm sure the previous, multiple departures are just a coincidence.

onan

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2016, 03:28:19 PM

Yeah, one coach is fine. This is the coach being mobbed by 250 delusional parents.

Jackstar

Quote from: onan on January 09, 2016, 03:34:46 PM
Yeah, one coach is fine. This is the coach being mobbed by 250 delusional parents.

249. I'm just here for a good seat.

Ciardelo

heh heh.  :D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2016, 03:30:28 PM
At the risk of embarrassing him;' P-B isn't stupid. Sure, him and me have also had our battles, but he's decent on the human level. To turn it on it's head, you're stupid if you believe that the story he's drip fed out is anything but the desperate weaving of a tale to garner sympathy for when he'd already decided he was calling it a day, weeks before he actually did. I'll grant you, it's plausible if you take common sense and logic out of it, but what remains? Eventually it will all come out and I actually feel sorry for AB that he didn't have the courage to admit he'd had enough, (Some have been blaming his wife? FFS!!) and he no longer wanted to hang onto past glories and was basically tired of it. Time for a rest.

If you have no reason whatsoever to doubt something, then going through the trouble to convince yourself to doubt it is stupid. But we both know that's not why you, or P*B, are here. You're here to get rises out of people and then play in the resulting shitpond. That's a moronic, infantile way to pass your time. Only stupid unproductive people would engage in such a thing.

ItsOver

Heh.  "What the *&$@! Is that prima donna QB faking ANOTHER injury!  Why is SHE in the game?  Why isn't my lovely MV being put in the game!"

Robert

Quote from: henge0stone on January 09, 2016, 12:15:09 PMI like how this Art Bell fan forum is viscous to Art Bell (in a lovable way of course, well it used to be now it is just viscous sometimes) but when people criticize Heather all the sudden you become an asshole and everyone hates on you. Not to mention the whole forum was originally made to hate on Art Bell's successor.

Also she's new to the game criticism is important for growth. Making Heather untouchable to criticism is the same as saying Art, George, or any podcaster here is off limits which is not what the forum should be.
Exactly.  Noory is impervious to criticism because he's demonstrably not interested in his work (not this work, at least) & is apparently treating his position as a sinecure, so we were here just to commiserate about that state of affairs & make fun of him.  [Redacted] may not be interested in a career as what she's doing now, but she seems to have too much respect for herself, Mr. Bell, and especially us, since she was a fan herself, to be impervious to criticism, therefore she should not be vilified, but she should be criticized.  So not, "You suck," but rather, "I wish you would...instead of...."

Did I get a kick out of last night's blitz of "musky bottom"?  Sure!  It's fun now & then to hear the m.c. under such pressure, and I just took it as a practical joke among friends.  Plus, I look at it as an indirect means of criticizing a format that's been used too much IMO on MITD & C2C, i.e. open lines.  Even what Art commonly calls "open lines" usually turned out not be what other talk hosts (starting w Larry King, who AFAIK coined the term, originally "an open line") mean by it, but rather discussion within certain categories he lays out impromptu.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 09, 2016, 03:37:11 PM
If you have no reason whatsoever to doubt something, then going through the trouble to convince yourself to doubt it is stupid. But we both know that's not why you, or P*B, are here. You're here to get rises out of people and then play in the resulting shitpond. That's a moronic way to pass your time. Only stupid unproductive people would engage in such a thing.

Oh FFS, get over yourself! If you were less sanctimonious, you might get some sympathy. Don't agree with me, P-B or whoever? Fine. It doesn't make you right either.

chefist

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 09, 2016, 03:23:31 PM
That's not too bad then

Not too bad...but imagine those folks selling Art to the radio stations...complete embarrassment after the drama with Leo and then Art leaving again...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2016, 03:41:16 PM
Oh FFS, get over yourself! If you were less sanctimonious, you might get some sympathy. Don't agree with me, P-B or whoever? Fine. It doesn't make you right either.

Think of me as a mirror. If you're going to try to shit negativity everywhere for fun, then I'm going to shit negativity towards you so that it's not fun. I thought that's what you Falkie thread folks mindlessly enjoy.

Robert

Quote from: Auslandia on January 09, 2016, 12:51:24 PMI'm sleeping during the live show.  I'm also a subscriber.
Then when you get a chance, listen to an archive lined up w reading the posts in "her" thread here by time.  (AFAICT, the time stamp on these posts is Central, or Zulu - 6 hrs.)  Don't you think Ms.Wade herself and probably a coach is doing the same thing?

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on January 09, 2016, 03:27:47 PM
yup..something happened..probably we will never know believe exactly what

FIFY

pyewacket

Quote from: onan on January 09, 2016, 03:14:30 PM
Heck, I don't drink. Been sober for a long time, and I would get drunk as hell with you guys.

This is one of the reasons I admire you guys. A group of you can be fighting and insulting each other for pages and then, when the dust settles, you're willing to drink together as if nothing happened. Women, on the other hand, will plot revenge forever. Cheers guys- knock yourselves out but don't overdo the drunken fighting. :)

Jackstar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 09, 2016, 03:46:54 PM
Think of me as a mirror. If you're going to try to shit negativity everywhere for fun, then I'm going to shit negativity towards you so that it's not fun. I thought that's what you Falkie thread folks mindlessly enjoy.

Bullies don't get a thrill from a fair fight. Here, take this weapon.

Robert

Quote from: henge0stone on January 09, 2016, 01:03:35 PMWhen have I criticized her? I am merely saying it shouldn't be a huge no no to not criticize someone on Bellgab.
Unpack the 3 layers of negation there & see if that's what you really meant.