• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: Juan Cena on April 27, 2016, 11:54:49 PM
By "we" you mean the Ottomans, right?

Nah Christians.  Ottomans had ammo stored in it, but Venetians shelled it and blew it up.

Juan Cena

I'd be more open to him if he said Mars had the life sucked out of it by Galactus.

There has to be big $$ out there for non-white ancient alien stories.

Juan Cena

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 27, 2016, 11:56:24 PM
Nah Christians.  Ottomans had ammo stored in it, but Venetians shelled it and blew it up.

So it's the Italians fault.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 27, 2016, 11:52:46 PM
Yeah, looting them is the least "we" could do after "we" blew up the Parthenon in the first place.
So send them back to Greece? So some Chinese can buy them?  :o Sure "we" have done bad things but most of that stuff found, or "looted" would, right now, -reality-, would be blown up, defaced, or sold off, even now. I would say, not being politically correct, that us "western-types," still try to preserve stuff better than others. Even the most evil Nazis took stuff and recognized it, despite their evil ideology.
ps: then again, I can see a counter argument, that I can't really refute, at least now. Why do we want to preserve art, etc and not feed people or etc?

doctor weird

Quote from: Noorynoid on April 27, 2016, 11:56:31 PM
Hey Jerry, you're full of SHIT

+10,000  since that's his favorite number

Juan Cena

I've been the the reconstruction of the Parthenon in Nashville, by the way. The giant statue of Athena there must be the ugliest think I've ever seen.

The Hermatige was way more awesome. So was the Country Music Hall of Fame.

albrecht

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 27, 2016, 11:57:22 PM
There has to be big $$ out there for non-white ancient alien stories.
disposal income issues, unfortunately. But, I wonder (and ex-pats here) if there is a Chinese version of C2C, OSOM, MITD, etc? I imagine in the Oriental market that they are peddling Western Medicine!

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on April 28, 2016, 12:00:21 AM
I've been the the reconstruction of the Parthenon in Nashville, by the way. The giant statue of Athena there must be the ugliest think I've ever seen.

The Hermatige was way more awesome. So was the Country Music Hall of Fame.
RACIST! I finally got you! Andrew Jackson and our country's history is verboten and he, and it, was a very, very racist and full of bad men. We should tear that place down.

Hollow Man

Quote from: zeebo on April 27, 2016, 11:49:32 PM
It has been a guilty pleasure of mine at times.  The earlier ones were kind of plausible but later they're just reaching to map the formula onto any theme they can.  Is there anything these aliens didn't get mixed up with?

Uh.. Noory, maybe? I mean, why the fuck would aliens want THAT guy in the seat? Whatever race would do something like that has only the worst of intentions. We're talking full-on anal probes, man.

doctor weird

feeling a strong impulse to call in and shred this guy for wasting everyones time

akwilly

Have heard a few minutes of the show. The guest kinda sounds like he is making stuff up as he goes along.

Hollow Man

Quote from: doctor weird on April 27, 2016, 11:55:32 PM
you gotta buy the book  ;)

That annoys me so deeply. I think I could blow a gasket if he said that.

Quote from: albrecht on April 28, 2016, 12:02:39 AM
RACIST! I finally got you! Andrew Jackson and our country's history is verboten and he, and it, was a very, very racist and full of bad men. We should tear that place down.

The path of the virtuous man was laid forth and trodden far before Andrew Jackson was born. Andrew Jackson chose not to follow it.

akwilly

This caller sounds just like the guest

zeebo

This caller, sounds like one who called out Tee-tor that nite.

norland2424

Quote from: akwilly on April 28, 2016, 12:07:16 AM
Have heard a few minutes of the show. The guest kinda sounds like he is making stuff up as he goes along.

tonight's guest and im not even joking

akwilly

Quote from: norland2424 on April 28, 2016, 12:10:27 AM

damn, he kinda looks like a stoned Meatloaf. lol

doctor weird

Quote from: akwilly on April 28, 2016, 12:12:28 AM
damn, he kinda looks like a stoned Meatloaf. lol

exactly what I was thinking lol

zeebo

Quote from: Hollow Man on April 28, 2016, 12:03:08 AM
Uh.. Noory, maybe? I mean, why the fuck would aliens want THAT guy in the seat? Whatever race would do something like that has only the worst of intentions. We're talking full-on anal probes, man.

haha, could be they're using noory to brainwash the masses, making people too dumb to defend themselves while simultaneously seasoning themselves with turmeric

Hollow Man

Quote from: norland2424 on April 28, 2016, 12:10:27 AM

Is that a real caption or just a spoof? Did he actually claim that?

norland2424

Quote from: Hollow Man on April 28, 2016, 12:14:00 AM
Is that a real caption or just a spoof? Did he actually claim that?

the pic is from a show, but the pic is hosted here.bottom of the page

http://www.outtahear.com/beyond_updates/Aliens/alien2.html

Juan Cena

Quote from: doctor weird on April 28, 2016, 12:13:00 AM
exactly what I was thinking lol

He looks like he did what Meat Loaf said he wouldn't do.