• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 10, 2018, 01:10:08 PM
Yeah, it would be fascinating as hell. Maybe the problem is the echo chamber effect, where producers don't really think outside of the box because they believe the stuff. Call it the Heather effect.

Yes. They want to set up a franchise, and not make their own recipes.

K_Dubb

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 01:10:55 PM
Thus, mythology...the "gods" were more Greek than the Greeks.

Yeah, you got it.

chefist

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 10, 2018, 01:11:03 PM
It's fucking brilliant. Whoever it is has my support. I need to go follow that account right now.

PS I love faustina's avi!

Probably Bart Ell...he was quick draw McGraw on most of this from the start.  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 01:07:25 PM
... Many radio hosts are lazy and just read Drudge and find some shocking, controversial, or bizarre story and there is show prep. ....Unless something really did just happen or the host has some unique perspective or insight on it.
I am stunned.  Mean babies aside, who would possibly do what you're saying, Albrecht, on a nightly basis, at 10:00pm PST?

yoursongs

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 10, 2018, 12:11:38 PM
sweet baby jesus those two are something else  ;D

I always thought Paul was one of the better callers when HW was slightly listenable.  But lately, he and Ella seem like they've lost it.  I wonder if they have always been like they are now, and that's why HW favored them so highly when she had them call in.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 10, 2018, 01:07:30 PM
Cold-War-era aliens were a reflection of our fear of advanced Oriental hive-type societies where individuals were expendable.  ET-era aliens who healed through superior technology were the product of Peace and Love.  Any aliens we imagine today are as likely to be the fruit of our zeitgeist which is only really definable in retrospect, though fear of omniscient, omnipotent technology gives a clue.  All that to say the aliens are more us than them, even porpoise's.

Indeed. I wonder if today's zeitgeist is technological, and as a result we will hear more about aliens that are partly or wholly technological, variants of the Borg if you will, from now on. Or even accounts of Ipads breaking, but Siri's ghostly presence remaining in the house doing random internet searches for you.

Bart Ell

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 01:13:07 PM
Probably Bart Ell...he was quick draw McGraw on most of this from the start.  ;D

Nope.
I have my own legacy.
#LEGACY

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 10, 2018, 01:11:25 PM
It's kinda like BartEll.. just for shits and giggles. Barely any followers.  I doubt even Heather would be stupid enough to tweet "It's not about me. At All".
Entitlement is a bizarre thing. Considering how many times she said it live I doubt this is the end of that sorry ass phrase. It's like adding just kidding on the end of something when really you weren't ever kidding.

albrecht

Quote from: Grifynne on May 10, 2018, 12:20:48 PM
Back by request, here is my original "what the hell is happening?" post with some new updates and links to screenshots.

Here we have Lasha threatening someone with Satanists and mob bosses because interviews: http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=9159.msg1193973#msg1193973

One of the ideas that Heather tried to push on her followers is that Keith suddenly fired her for no reason and blocked her from accessing any means of communicating with them, which is obviously not true. But in case that isn't obvious enough, here is Keith verifying that "nothing has changed": http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=9159.msg1193889#msg1193889

And since there seems to be some opinion that Heather is this sweet, innocent person who did nothing wrong (well not so much here, but elsewhere), here she is asking her followers to "bash the hell out of that guest host": http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=9159.msg1195597#msg1195597

Meanwhile, Dave Schrader has taken over MitD. So far, he's had a mostly positive reception from Bellgab. The only group that seems to be unhappy with him are almost entirely Heather's sycophants. He has come across as everything Heather wasn't: honest, upfront, reliable, and a good interviewer. He also doesn't put on a stupid voice so +1,000.

Possibly due to boredom, one of Heather's followers in the Heather Wade Fans Facebook group created a banner with her one and only photo. In the process, he Photoshopped her hair on both sides, giving her that trendy spaniel look (I present The Spaniel: http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=9159.msg1202741#msg1202741). And the Spy operating within the group (AKA: me) was found out and banned hard. Can't even see the group name in the Facebook search anymore. Now we know that Heather's cult has their eye on Bellgab.

We also have other evidence that Heather or her proxy follow Bellgab. After laying claim to Art Bell's legacy, she created the website www.ArtBellLegacy.com. Not to be outdone, our own loveable Bart Ell created his version at www.BartEllLegacy.com. Shortly after, we discovered that Heather's site's menu icons were changed, possibly because she knew that they had to be different or else Bart Ell's legacy would be the clear winner.

The strange couple Paul and Ella Craddock continue to fawn over Heather and send her weird gifts. To date, we know that she has received a garment steamer, socks, a survival pen, and some kind of video of "Dracula pumpkin orb's 2002 and the death of our dog 1987 pictures" from them. Also they pee the dog. I'm not making this up. Click here to read it for yourself: http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=9159.msg1208005;topicseen#msg1208005

Heather appears to have crawled out of her hole after several days of silence. She seems to be trying to spark interest and excitement with posts on Facebook asking her followers "Wanna take a ride?" and posting music videos like Nancy Sinatra's These Boots Are Made for Walking.

Monday is suppose to be the "big day" for her return, although there is very little information out there as of yet. And while Heather dicks around getting her shit together, Dave Schrader continues to thrive on MitD, even giving Bellgab some love with shoutouts and posting on the forums.

Also, for posterity since it isn't new, here is a link to Art's long-time friend Karen Jackson from KNYE's Facebook page with attached screenshot of her reaction to Heather's pity party: https://www.facebook.com/people/Karen-Jackson/1073027827

And now we wait for the next meltdown...
Nice summary, official MITD BG Thread Executive Summary Maker.

ps: I have to thank Heather. She introduced me, via the internet and a show done in an aquarium, to people the like of which I never have seen or even imagined existed:
Paul and Ella.
They need their own show or blog site. So bizarre.

timebandit

#Like the Spinx
#Heather will rise from the ashes
#bigger better and stronger than before

#TeamWade
#HeatherArmy
#MyLife4Heather

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 10, 2018, 01:13:20 PM
That is prime.

I didn't know Dave smoked.
He needs that red Anton Goatee. I mean if the are going to do it, do it right. LOL. And I didn't think it was Bart Ell, he has his own brand.

chefist

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 10, 2018, 01:17:16 PM
Nope.
I have my own legacy.
#LEGACY

Ha...another "fan" of HW is out there somewhere.

Bart Ell

This morning I had no intention of using Wordpress.
Then Carl tipped his hand.
Guess what Carl?
Now you will be chasing me.

Grifynne

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 01:17:55 PM

ps: I have to thank Heather. She introduced me, via the internet and a show done in an aquarium, to people the like of which I never have seen or even imagined existed:
Paul and Ella.

I guess I need something now that my spying days are over. :D

You're right. If it wasn't for all this drama, we wouldn't have been introduced to the likes of Paul and Ella. Despite following Bellgab for years, I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that these people really exist.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 01:17:55 PM

Paul and Ella.
I read your last sentence as "They need their own Dracula pumpkin show or dog site."  With pee procedures, preferably.

Bluejay

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 10, 2018, 12:13:10 PM
All, who is footing the bill for music licensing for Heather? That almost broke Art. Who is the mystery bank roll now?

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 10, 2018, 01:16:21 PM
Indeed. I wonder if today's zeitgeist is technological, and as a result we will hear more about aliens that are partly or wholly technological, variants of the Borg if you will, from now on.

Yeah, the whole technology-turns-on-us thing is alien in spirit.  Though that goes back at least to godzilla.

ItsOver

Quote from: timebandit on May 10, 2018, 01:18:17 PM
#Like the Spinx
#Heather will return
#bigger better and stronger than before

#TeamWade
#HeatherArmy
#MyLife4Heather
Glad to see you're filling in for Catsmile, Swishy.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 10, 2018, 01:19:29 PM
This morning I had no intention of using Wordpress.
Then Carl tipped his hand.
Guess what Carl?
Now you will be chasing me.
When is your store going live? I want to spend my money and support the real legacy!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on May 10, 2018, 01:23:01 PM
Glad to see you're filling in for Catsmile, Swishy.
That's not Swishy, it's Daniel ex EOTR or does he have the name?

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 10, 2018, 01:07:30 PM
Cold-War-era aliens were a reflection of our fear of advanced Oriental hive-type societies where individuals were expendable.  ET-era aliens who healed through superior technology were the product of Peace and Love.  Any aliens we imagine today are as likely to be the fruit of our zeitgeist which is only really definable in retrospect, though fear of omniscient, omnipotent technology gives a clue.  All that to say the aliens are more us than them, even porpoise's.
I think there is still the threat from them. We cannot understand the wily Oriental minds that are bent on world domination. I keep a sharp lookout for Dr. Fu Manchu and his henchmen and the "Commies."

Lilith

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 10, 2018, 01:08:12 PM
Yup Tie-door not Tee-door if I recall. But this dude sounded like a homeless guy, doing the show for a bet.

Meanwhile, interesting question asked by Star Raven on Karen Jackson's FB page. https://www.facebook.com/people/Karen-Jackson/1073027827 Has Heather been questioned by Nye County Sheriff's dept about Art's death? The guest house property was only signed over to HW a month before he passed away. May be got him back on the ciggies knowing he couldn't resist? Total speculation of course  :o

Interesting that you would mention that.  I had heard similar rumors, but they ended quickly.

chefist

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 10, 2018, 01:21:52 PM
Yeah, the whole technology-turns-on-us thing is alien in spirit.  Though that goes back at least to godzilla.

The foundation of the human ego is knowledge of our own mortality...the same theme follows throughout our history...worshiping gods to solidify immortality...fear of death around every corner...it's just our nature as animals that know we will eventually die.

Mastodonkey

The news section on Graham Hancock's site is where I would go if I were Dave to get some interesting news stories worth starting off the show with.

https://grahamhancock.com/news/

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 10, 2018, 01:16:21 PM
Indeed. I wonder if today's zeitgeist is technological, and as a result we will hear more about aliens that are partly or wholly technological, variants of the Borg if you will, from now on. Or even accounts of Ipads breaking, but Siri's ghostly presence remaining in the house doing random internet searches for you.

Haha I like this! 

albrecht

Quote from: Grifynne on May 10, 2018, 01:21:16 PM
I guess I need something now that my spying days are over. :D

You're right. If it wasn't for all this drama, we wouldn't have been introduced to the likes of Paul and Ella. Despite following Bellgab for years, I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that these people really exist.
Why I'm generally against Democracy, in its purer forms and think there should be some qualifications for voting. But that is for the politics threads.  ;)

I wonder if there is enough material for a "Paul and Ella" thread itself? I, for one, would like updates because they are classic and bizarre. And hard to understand what they mean in some of their posts.

wr250

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 10, 2018, 01:21:52 PM

I wonder if Richard will some day be haunted by a spectral USB port.