• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ShayP

Quote from: norland2424 on March 14, 2016, 11:30:41 PM
wait didn't he just say he didn't get any special treatment?

"On February 3, 2015, Kiriakou was released from prison to serve three months of house arrest at his home in Arlington, Virginia"

Call!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Hollow Man on March 14, 2016, 11:24:58 PM
Yeah, Russia's bad, but he's got no control over that, LOL. The only thing he can even possibly have influence over is America. And, again, it was our government that fucked him over, so there's that added motivation as well.  ;)

Well that's the thing, we have these standards that no one else has. You can find ridiculous shit where China will drive over a protestor with a tank and there's a brain squeezed out laying there on the ground and the US media sanitizes that and doesn't show us. ISIS can burn someone to death and they don't show it. Well, fine, we don't want to see it. But yet we'll fuck up execution after execution using flawed lethal injections and set people afire with electric chairs and never show it even though guillotines are much more effective. But I guarantee that if someone proposes the guillotine as an execution method in the US, it would be condemned. It makes no sense. As a culture we lack context.

GravitySucks

Quote from: norland2424 on March 14, 2016, 11:30:41 PM
wait didn't he just say he didn't get any special treatment?

"On February 3, 2015, Kiriakou was released from prison to serve three months of house arrest at his home in Arlington, Virginia"

Yes, he said he spent every day. He's part real, part bloviator.

He got a bad shake though. If he makes some money off his books without hurting anybody, I guess I am ok with that.

Maybe his new book will help Hillary. How to survive in jail...

Taco Bell

Just a box laying around that says "Roswell"... right. Hope they marked it fragile too.

akwilly

Quote from: Taco Bell on March 14, 2016, 11:34:31 PM
Just a box laying around that says "Roswell"... right. Hope they marked it fragile too.
It also lost most of its value after it was opened.

TigerLily

I would think most of you would be pro whistleblower. Guess not?

Taco Bell

Quote from: akwilly on March 14, 2016, 11:35:36 PM
It also lost most of its value after it was opened.
It was a major award!

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 14, 2016, 11:33:44 PM
Well that's the thing, we have these standards that no one else has. You can find ridiculous shit where China will drive over a protestor with a tank and there's a brain squeezed out laying there on the ground and the US media sanitizes that and doesn't show us. ISIS can burn someone to death and they don't show it. Well, fine, we don't want to see it. But yet we'll fuck up execution after execution using flawed lethal injections and set people afire with electric chairs when guillotines are much more effective. But I guarantee that if someone proposes the guillotine as an execution method in the US, it would be condemned. It makes no sense.

Mandela effect???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFzeNAHEhU

ShayP

Quote from: Taco Bell on March 14, 2016, 11:34:31 PM

Must be Italian?

akwilly

Quote from: TigerLily on March 14, 2016, 11:36:10 PM
No, how many of our guys got treated more cruelly after this guy makes secrets public?

norland2424

Quote from: akwilly on March 14, 2016, 11:37:30 PM
No, how many of our guys got treated more cruelly after this guy makes secrets public?

this + 1000

Dr. MD MD

I think it's probably a healthy trend. Otherwise you just become the thing you were trying to get away from in the first place. Back to the evil empire. Wait! You might be ok with that  ???

norland2424

wouldn't it have been easier to have had em killed in prison and say it was a " suicide "

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on March 14, 2016, 11:39:43 PM
wouldn't it have been easier to have had em killed in prison and say it was a " suicide "

It's often done  ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 14, 2016, 11:36:41 PM
Mandela effect???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFzeNAHEhU

It's worse, I won't post it, but if you search for it there is an incident where video leaked out where some provincial Chinese governor had his tanks run over a protestor and his brain was laying out there in the street.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: norland2424 on March 14, 2016, 11:39:43 PM

unless he never really left the agency...

GravitySucks

When it comes to fraud, waste and abuse, definitely. When it comes to classified, I have mixed feelings. I don't think Snowden is a hero. I don't think this guy is a hero. Neither of them went through channels with any of their concerns.

akwilly

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 14, 2016, 11:42:12 PM
When it comes to fraud, waste and abuse, definitely. When it comes to classified, I have mixed feelings. I don't think Snowden is a hero. I don't think this guy is a hero. Neither of them went through channels with any of their concerns.
thats what I was thinking. Chain of command is there for a reason.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 14, 2016, 11:40:53 PM
It's worse, I won't post it, but if you search for it there is an incident where video leaked out where some provincial Chinese governor had his tanks run over a protestor and his brain was laying out there in the street.

I guess for goddamn China, it ended well for that poor thought-criminal then.

ShayP

I think you're referring to the steamroller incident.

GravitySucks

OK... Thanks for not posting the gruesome stuff. This video was a Mandela effect moment for me.

Who says Dolphins don't use good judgement?

akwilly

Be kind of cool though if it was a really hot day. Hot enough to fry and egg on the sidewalk type of day.