• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151211 - Brendon Tarpley - Time Traveler

Started by FLLFlash, December 11, 2015, 11:07:20 PM

Weirdoradio

Quote from: ShayP on December 12, 2015, 12:14:26 AM
Maybe Art should just buy an RV and hook it up where he can broadcast from anywhere.  He could travel the country and nobody would know where he was until the show.

Kinda like the end of that Christian Slater flick Pump Up The Volume.
I think there are implications vis-a-vis the FCC since the show is terrestrially broadcast.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Xitheron on December 11, 2015, 11:41:21 PM
Who is cuing all the bumpers and the commercials? Is Heather doing that too?

I would say it's highly likely she's self producing. It's not that hard. Back in my student radio days we had no producers. We did have lots of carts to juggle. And vinyl to spin. And paper logs to keep. And an EWS to maintain.

Dateline

Quote from: MV on December 12, 2015, 12:10:29 AM
man i'm so goddamn lost here.  i've been working on a paper (finals) since 6PM and i had no idea any of this was going down until, oooh, about 30 minutes ago.

You have entered the Twilight Zone. Dudududududu. . . .

Zenman

I'm gonna invest in some PCD stock on Monday.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 12, 2015, 12:14:51 AM
What the hell is going to happen next, Hoagland announces that he's getting a sex change?

Oh, he's been there, done that, bought the implants, brought them back and got a refund!   ;D

Juan Cena

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 12, 2015, 12:14:45 AM
Well, that would make sense because Dave is a pussy.

That's an insult to vaginas everywhere.

Quote from: ShayP on December 12, 2015, 12:14:26 AM
Maybe Art should just buy an RV and hook it up where he can broadcast from anywhere.  He could travel the country and nobody would know where he was until the show.

Adam on NoAgenda does that from time to time, rolls around in a RV and broadcasts from a random location. Take to the road Art, home-school your daughter.

maren

Quote from: QuantumMystics on December 12, 2015, 12:06:54 AM
My 9 yr old prays for the victims of Paris every night since the attack, for whatever that maybe worth. She quite enjoys your show. Maybe you can go on random days of the week? Or just take a week off or do two shows a week? Like a weekend gig? Why stick to 5 nights a week? Though we'd love that, but I don't see how he can NOT talk to an audience, it's in his freakin' DNA.

I have to agree - he's obviously right back in there right now.  I think that might be a great compromise! 

And I was wondering where you were -- never saw you when I'd drop by.  So hi.  :)

Donald Noory

What the hell is going to happen next, Hoagland announces that he's getting a sex change?

he went gay in jail, Carson said so

Quote from: Donald Noory on December 12, 2015, 12:15:55 AM
his wife is probably asleep and doesn't know he's calling in

It really does seem like it stems from some fight they had today. If everyone would have just slept on it like adults they probably wouldn't have lost several thousand dollars a month today.

Quote from: zeebo on December 12, 2015, 12:12:59 AM
I feel like I just drunk-dialed an ex-gf.  Mixed emotions.  Hope/loss.  Wtf I'm so confused tonite.
It's OK Zeebo...   BTW, put some clothes on, you're pulling a Barfly. ;)    ;D

Spinner

Quote from: bateman on December 12, 2015, 12:07:32 AM
Just tuned back in. What in the actual fuck is going on?!
Wonders!
I think tonight's show it's a show we'll be talking about for quite a while. ;)

Claudius

Meister_000

Christ, he's already "back in the saddle", so who's he kidding!?
Maybe wifey will reconcider?

And Art takes over the show.  ;D

He's not leaving. He's going to talk it out with his wife this weekend and be back on Monday.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 12, 2015, 12:15:04 AM
You're welcome!
Peyote in the desert would be nice. Wait maybe that is what is happening. New show name 'peyote in the desert' with Art Bell.

Catops

I would subscribe in order to hear more about that.

rondo

Listening to this Brendon Tarpley interview live right now, and this guy is umming and uhhhing and stammering way too much and makes it way too obvious he is full of sh*t and making stuff up.  And he seems to be making it up as he goes.  Painful to listen to.  Turning the stream off and cancelling my subscription, since Art is no longer hosting. I would have stuck around for Art, if Art had stuck around.

nbirnes

Quote from: Dateline on December 12, 2015, 12:16:34 AM
You have entered the Twilight Zone. Dudududududu. . . .

Hey, at least there are over a thousand people on BellGab right now.

Claudius

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 12, 2015, 12:18:04 AM

He's not leaving. He's going to talk it out with his wife this weekend and be back on Monday.

Good luck trying to get any new stations, or retaining the ones you have.

Coz

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 12, 2015, 12:18:04 AM

I dunno bro... there's been some serious business damage here.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 12, 2015, 12:17:13 AM
It really does seem like it stems from some fight they had today. If everyone would have just slept on it like adults they probably wouldn't have lost several thousand dollars a month today.

maybe he showed the wife a copy of today's cancels and the fact he may have to write a check to settle tabs and she backtracked.

Oculary

BULLSHIT! Don't even say that. What am I saying? With tonight the way it is? Hoagie could be an alien combrid test pilot or tactical hoagie.

Quote from: maren on December 12, 2015, 12:17:04 AM
I have to agree - he's obviously right back in there right now.  I think that might be a great compromise! 

And I was wondering where you were -- never saw you when I'd drop by.  So hi.  :)

Been busy, writing music. Making an album, I listen as a time traveler when I cannot get on here.