• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Turkey shoots down a Russian Su-24

Started by VtaGeezer, November 24, 2015, 09:03:39 AM

VtaGeezer

Uh-oh.  Crew ejected but status not known, but unconfirmed reports from Syrian rebels that one or both is dead.  Shit, meet fan.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 24, 2015, 09:32:30 AM
Turkey's pissed about thansgiving.
Looks likes a chickenshit launch order to me as they got the Russians for transiting across a very narrow spit of Turkey, barely 1 Km wide, extending into Syria while they were orbiting a target miles inside Syria.  I think its a thin technicality of an excuse for targeting the Su-24 because they were attacking Syrian rebels who are ethnic Turkmans; who shot up the crew while they descended in their parachutes.  Don't know what Russia will do with Turkey, but those Turkman rebels are going to get hammered.

Radar track released by Turkey:

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 24, 2015, 10:02:01 AM
Looks likes a chickenshit launch order to me as they got the Russians for transiting across a very narrow spit of Turkey, barely 1 Km wide, extending into Syria while they were orbiting a target miles inside Syria.  I think its a thin technicality of an excuse for targeting the Su-24 because they were attacking Syrian rebels who are ethnic Turkmans; who shot up the crew while they descended in their parachutes.  Don't know what Russia will do with Turkey, but those Turkman rebels are going to get hammered.

I regret any loss of life.

But turkey has a right to defend its boarders from Russians. If the Russians planes were attacked in turney airspace but landed in Syria, that's on Russia for invading Turkey air space. As a NATO member Russia better think about how they respond. Killing airmen after ejecting providing they surrendered is a serious violation of war crimes. Those accountable should have to pay for their actions.

I pray that this can all be sorted out. I wish people would stop killing each other.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 24, 2015, 10:02:01 AM

Russia also has no buisness targeting Turkmen in Syria. 

Good for Turkey. That's how you handle a bully like Putin. Punch him right in the damn mouth.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 24, 2015, 10:20:17 AM
Good for Turkey. That's how you handle a bully like Putin. Punch him right in the damn mouth.

Agreed. But shooting parachuting pilots is a war crime in my book. Turkey has the right to defend airspace. If Russia attacks Turkey, it's on. I think there is zero chance of that though.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 24, 2015, 10:17:55 AM
I regret any loss of life.

But turkey has a right to defend its boarders from Russians. If the Russians planes were attacked in turney airspace but landed in Syria, that's on Russia for invading Turkey air space. As a NATO member Russia better think about how they respond. Killing airmen after ejecting providing they surrendered is a serious violation of war crimes. Those accountable should have to pay for their actions.

I pray that this can all be sorted out. I wish people would stop killing each other.
Video from a phone cam shows the crew taking heavy ground fire as they descended near the rebels.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 24, 2015, 10:23:39 AM
Video from a phone cam shows the crew taking heavy ground fire as they descended near the rebels.

Not cool. At least give them chance to surrender. Russia is going to be pissed, I believe they step up attacks against Rebels, The west will ste up attacks on Isis and Assad  regime is the benefactor.

The wildcard is Turkey's response. They might start defending northern Syrian airspace. It really could get ugly fast. But I think cooler heads will prevail. There needs to be comprehensive negotiations with Russia. I think Ukraine could be a key bargaining chip. I can see a deal Russia gets stabilization and security in Ukraine, in exchange co operation in Syria.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 24, 2015, 10:22:06 AM
Agreed. But shooting parachuting pilots is a war crime in my book. Turkey has the right to defend airspace. If Russia attacks Turkey, it's on. I think there is zero chance of that though.

Those are the chances you take when you take to the skies to bomb people. Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. Turkey had nothing to do with the Russians allegedly taking ground fire as they parachuted to earth.

albrecht

Hopefully this will be sorted out by cooler heads. But Turks should've never been in NATO and not in Germany and should stop sending/helping "refugees" and radicals and killing Kurds. We should support the Kurds and also allow Russians to take out the crazier Muslims since we don't have the will to do what is needed, maybe fund some battalions of Serbs even, they have proven good against them. Who cares about Assad? A few years ago he and his wife were on magazine covers and news shows showing their tolerance and beauty etc, then, somehow he became the next target of the Brzezinski/Kissinger/neo-con cabal.

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 24, 2015, 10:29:56 AM
Not cool. At least give them chance to surrender. Russia is going to be pissed, I believe they step up attacks against Rebels, The west will ste up attacks on Isis and Assad  regime is the benefactor.

The wildcard is Turkey's response. They might start defending northern Syrian airspace. It really could get ugly fast. But I think cooler heads will prevail. There needs to be comprehensive negotiations with Russia. I think Ukraine could be a key bargaining chip. I can see a deal Russia gets stabilization and security in Ukraine, in exchange co operation in Syria.
Turning pilots on a chute into a turkey shoot is revolting.  I'm not surprised, with that pack of animals, though.  Sure Russia was probably pushing the limits but that's not uncommon.  I wouldn't blame Putin for turning that area into a crater.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on November 24, 2015, 11:12:55 AM
You never know what to believe.  Stay tuned.

http://www.trust.org/item/20151124163150-espfj

One of the photos I've seen of the dead Russian aviator (supposedly) taken in Syria is an old photo taken in Chechnya.  As for being shot in one's parachute, I'd think that's infinitely more desirable than being captured, then roasted alive like the RJAF Viper pilot.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 24, 2015, 11:27:55 AM
One of the photos I've seen of the dead Russian aviator (supposedly) taken in Syria is an old photo taken in Chechnya.  As for being shot in one's parachute, I'd think [attachment id=0 msg=602277]that'sinfinitely more desirable than being captured, then being roasted alive like the RJAF Viper pilot.
Yeah, the bastards will always find some inhumane way.  Who the hell can believe in a supposed religion that has no humanity?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: ItsOver on November 24, 2015, 11:05:23 AM
Turning pilots on a chute into a turkey shoot is revolting.  I'm not surprised, with that pack of animals, though.  Sure Russia was probably pushing the limits but that's not uncommon.  I wouldn't blame Putin for turning that area into a crater.
Agree.  The audio from the phone video is the typical "allahu akbar" orgy.  They're all the same f'ing tribal barbarians they were before the West came in.  Its clear that if Assad falls, Syria will disintegrate into a tribal and ethnic factions interested only in settling ancient scores. 

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 24, 2015, 11:27:55 AM
One of the photos I've seen of the dead Russian aviator (supposedly) taken in Syria is an old photo taken in Chechnya.  As for being shot in one's parachute, I'd think that's infinitely more desirable than being captured, then roasted alive like the RJAF Viper pilot.
I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled their sidearms and did themselves when they realized they were dropping into the rebels they just bombed.

I heard that the Russian rescue helicopter was also shot down by ISIS. Anybody confirm that?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 24, 2015, 11:40:58 AM
I heard that the Russian rescue helicopter was also shot down by ISIS. Anybody confirm that?

RT News is showing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vxxQOTCN18

albrecht

Rest assured. Obama and Hollande just had a press conference. More Muslim "refugees" into our countries will help settle the issue.

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 24, 2015, 11:40:58 AM
Wonderful.  Just freakin wonderful.  ::) 

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on November 24, 2015, 11:49:36 AM
Rest assured. Obama and Hollande just had a press conference. More Muslim "refugees" into our countries will help settle the issue.
I feel much better now.  Head, meet hammer.

Yorkshire pud

Jingoism aside; this is pretty dangerous shit. If Putin (revered by some on these boards) decides he'll take equal and proportionate (in his mind) action against Turkey we might be facing the beginnings of all out war. Turkey cannot have it's NATO membership (and NATO protection) revoked simply because the other members don't want to then play the game by the rules that were drawn up decades ago.

What a pisser.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 24, 2015, 12:13:00 PM
Jingoism aside; this is pretty dangerous shit. If Putin (revered by some on these boards) decides he'll take equal and proportionate (in his mind) action against Turkey we might be facing the beginnings of all out war. Turkey cannot have it's NATO membership (and NATO protection) revoked simply because the other members don't want to then play the game by the rules that were drawn up decades ago.

What a pisser.

What do treaties mean anyway? Sometimes they start wars, as in WWI...other times, you will be abandoned like Poland in WWII.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 24, 2015, 12:13:00 PM

What a pisser.
Turkey is supporting the invasion of "refugees" into fellow NATO countries. They also aren't on board against ISIS and won't support the Kurds etc. They are the ones who violated the mutual defense treaty. It could be argued with their support, and contributing their people into the mix, of the "refugee" invasion that they actually are attacking fellow members.
Having said that, I hope cooler heads prevail and things don't escalate. Hopefully the Obama/Hollande solution of more "refugees" and Islamic accommodation in our countries will solve things.

Quote from: albrecht on November 24, 2015, 12:26:31 PM
Turkey is supporting the invasion of "refugees" into fellow NATO countries. They also aren't on board against ISIS and won't support the Kurds etc. They are the ones who violated the mutual defense treaty. It could be argued with their support, and contributing their people into the mix, of the "refugee" invasion that they actually are attacking fellow members.
Having said that, I hope cooler heads prevail and things don't escalate. Hopefully the Obama/Hollande solution of more "refugees" and Islamic accommodation in our countries will solve things.

MY Governor, the right honorable Nikki Haley, has decreed that we shall not accept any of those refugees. Atta girl, Nikki!

albrecht

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 24, 2015, 12:31:05 PM
MY Governor, the right honorable Nikki Haley, has decreed that we shall not accept any of those refugees. Atta girl, Nikki!
That is fine but often the Governors don't even know. Like with the Obama Doctrine of "catch and release" for criminal illegal aliens and the open-borders the radical "refugees" can often be imported without locals even knowing they are doing so. Often the local community and LEO realize after some kid gets raped or the usual DUI accident, and then there is a "immigration detention order" casually mentioned in the crime report- if the editor of the local news wasn't paying attention since it is not politically correct to report citizenship status, like race or ethnicity. I'm guessing though, with Obama's Muslim "refugees" we, more likely, will notice they are here in our community after a "honor killing" or some terrorism.

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on November 24, 2015, 12:20:32 PM
What do treaties mean anyway? Sometimes they start wars, as in WWI...other times, you will be abandoned like Poland in WWII.
Treaty?  What the hell is that?