• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150929 - Steven Starr - Nuclear War - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 29, 2015, 08:39:37 PM

Manx

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 30, 2015, 12:33:35 AM
I don't know. Going public like that . . . if he was killed, the media fallout would be off the charts . . . .

The alternative media, maybe. The mainstream would just report that he slipped in bathtub or something

My favorite thing about Richard's show is I don't have to listen to Dark Matter News.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Manx on September 30, 2015, 12:35:05 AM
The alternative media, maybe. The mainstream would just report that he slipped in bathtub or something

He committed suicide in a Moscow park.

Quote from: zeebo on September 30, 2015, 12:33:14 AM
I'll have to check this out.  What about Colossus: The Forbin Project?  That one gave me the creeps.

I just read the wiki on it... can't believe I haven't seen it as I have such a passion for classic film and that movie sounds so up my alley.

Dyna-X

Quote from: zeebo on September 30, 2015, 12:34:14 AM
I so friggin hate that office phone going off in that ad.  I want that sound replaced by the screaming lady.

This commercial is at the top of my list of most annoying MITD commercials.  Its like a PTSD trigger and annoying at the same time.

zeebo

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 30, 2015, 12:34:57 AM
Colossus: The Forbin Project. Yes disturbing. Check out the novel trilogy . . . .

Thanks I didn't know there were books, will check it out.

norland2424

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 30, 2015, 12:35:19 AM
My favorite thing about Richard's show is I don't have to listen to Dark Matter News.

we do get that conceding keith commercial tho  :-\

Barfly

Quote from: sydtron on September 30, 2015, 12:34:38 AM
Oh man!  Yeah Ive had that for a while!  The new Visuals are great arent they?

Best version of Seamus.
Absolutely, i dont know what wizardry they did to make it look and sound that good but it sure beats my old VHS copy!

Bradsmith313

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 30, 2015, 12:34:38 AM
Make it 4. Hell, I even had a 4' plastic model of the Eagle ;)  The rockets & the command capsule separated from the cargo bay to combine into a shuttle craft. Martin landau & Barbara Bain. And yes, the costumes were very Logan's run-ish.
Loved the Eagles. And the Hawk attack craft. Space:1999 was originally the second series of UFO. In fact, some earlier Eagle blueprints still have the SHADO symbol on them.

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 30, 2015, 12:37:12 AM
Loved the Eagles. And the Hawk attack craft. Space:1999 was originally the second series of UFO. In fact, some earlier Eagle blueprints still have the SHADO symbol on them.
LOL-  No shit?  ???   Excellent

Barfly

Knock Knock, We are from the government we are here to help you

My solution to these problems? Sun screen, a lawn chair and roof access. Hopefully you have some good weed when the poop hits the fan.

sydtron

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 30, 2015, 12:35:33 AM
I just read the wiki on it... can't believe I haven't seen it as I have such a passion for classic film and that movie sounds so up my alley.

Holy SHIT!!

That movie sounds awesome!!    Reminds me of a Bradburry Novel or novels??  Follows the same kind of computer from then and into the far future where it becomes one with the Universe or something? anybody got an Idea where I got that from?

Quote from: zeebo on September 30, 2015, 12:33:14 AM
I'll have to check this out.  What about Colossus: The Forbin Project?  That one gave me the creeps.
Colossus was good too. The main character in that flick was also the one that played in the third 'Planet of the Apes' where they came to [younger] EArth in the spaceship, & the doctor gets killed in the zoo  by the gorilla.

Barfly

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 30, 2015, 12:40:45 AM
My solution to these problems? Sun screen, a lawn chair and roof access. Hopefully you have some good weed when the poop hits the fan.
Looks like im good to go  :D

zeebo

Quote from: sydtron on September 30, 2015, 12:40:58 AM
Holy SHIT!!

That movie sounds awesome!!    Reminds me of a Bradburry Novel or novels??  Follows the same kind of computer from then and into the far future where it becomes one with the Universe or something? anybody got an Idea where I got that from?

I believe you're thinking of Asimov's "The Last Question".  I actually posted a link on the cosmology thread you might be interested in on this.

the_Stranger

Season One of Space 1999 looked great on Blu-Ray, too bad the sales were crap so there'll probably never be a full series release.
There is a German release that is of lesser quality, but it basically negated the Blu-Ray detail.

ArJuna

"We've not detected the presence of" ????

Was that Art Bell speaking?

Bradsmith313

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 30, 2015, 12:39:13 AM
LOL-  No shit?  ???   Excellent
The idea was to have more "space-based" episodes with SHADO fighting the aliens in space. I wished they would have done that.