• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150803 - Stephen Bassett/Merrill Cook - Disclosure - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 03, 2015, 09:51:56 PM

Quote from: LadyFish on August 04, 2015, 03:27:27 AM
I agree, it was a great show and so much fun! Hopefully we will be able to hear from a Martian from the future!

Thanks so much for sharing your shadow person experience. Just in case they aren't friendly, keep your firearms handy.
I agree. Killer open lines and better than last Friday (which was scheduled)! The master knows his craft.

norland2424

Quote from: lonevoice on August 04, 2015, 03:27:59 AM
Can you imagine what Dave would have done if this happened to him?  He would have panicked and thrown on a replay, or maybe called Lionel Fanthorpe to bail him out...again.

Tonight's show was tremendous fun!

tommy would have just played "classic" dave episode.

Quote from: NorCalSolstice on August 04, 2015, 01:41:13 AM
I contacted Stephen Bassett and he told me that he and Art's new producer couldn't figure out how to connect the SKYPE until 7 minutes after the show started and Art doesn't play that game with guests not being ready when the show is supposed to go on the air. OPEN LINES !

I wonder if Bassett really said this?

Meister_000

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 04, 2015, 03:23:40 AM
I've never heard you curse.   . . .

I think Art was doubly and triply pissed because at 12:41am (this thread , see below)  NorCalSolstice posted saying that he had contacted Bassett and Bassett tried to blame Redacted (Heather) for the problem and that's what Art was specifically responding to -- that post and it's content and not least of which the straw that "broke the back" so to speak, Bassett's blaming Heather (and thus the uncharacteristic curse).

This is just my hunch, and I'm only mentioning it for those who haven't the time to read through everything. If I'm wrong, please forgive me.

Kezar Stanyan

I contacted Stephen Bassett and he told me that he and Art's new producer couldn't figure out how to connect the SKYPE until 7 minutes after the show started and Art doesn't play that game with guests not being ready when the show is supposed to go on the air. OPEN LINES !

One post bandit.  Wow.  An excuse, AND a dig on the new producer.  Makes you wonder who you really are and why you would even post here. 

Fun show, Art.   The loss of the guests is theirs alone.

Dr Who

It was a great show in spite of Mr Basset and his unprofessional behaviour .

Quote from: Dr Who on August 04, 2015, 04:12:07 AM
It was a great show in spite of Mr Basset and his unprofessional behaviour .

People have the occasional emergency.  Who knows maybe he had one.

Heather Wade

Mr Bassett did not answer when called multiple times prior to air. 

b_dubb

Quote from: John on August 03, 2015, 10:42:34 PM
Heather's surname?
Heather PAID bitches!!!

I hope Mr Basset is doing ok and that his no show was the result of something no more serious than falling asleep in front of the TV

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Kezar Stanyan on August 04, 2015, 04:03:55 AM
One post bandit.  Wow.  An excuse, AND a dig on the new producer.  Makes you wonder who you really are and why you would even post here. 

Fun show, Art.   The loss of the guests is theirs alone.

And ........ who would you be ?

Paradox

Oh good grief!  To be honest?  I was so happy not to have to hear Bassett and Cook.  Open Lines was great.  I still have my nose out of joint about Bassett and Cook's prepaid partisan Citizens Hearing on Disclosure.

And congratulations to Heather!  I know you will be superb.  It was great to hear you last night.  :)

robbieintokyo

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 03, 2015, 09:57:54 PM
It is time. Another week of awesome. Am I alone in thinking Art's new show is arguably better than his heyday?
Yup. I totally agree! He's better than ever!!

aldousburbank

Either you lied about contacting Bassett, or Bassett lied to you, but in either case I imagine you're just full of it.

codewrangler

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:13:17 AM
That is such Bullshit, I started calling Bassett 10 Minutes before the Hour and kept calling. He had been checked out on Skype and it was working fine earlier, but he did not answer, more then that I called his Emergency back up number prior till the top of the hour and got voicemail twice as did Heather. By the time it was 20 minutes after the hour I gave up and went to open lines. My opinion, and that's all it is because I can not know where he was, is that nobody was there or if he was there he was not paying attention. His Skype showed away. There is not much a Talk Host can do except go on with the show, which I did.

Art

P.S. I thought it was a great show and FUN!

Open Lines are always good...some of the best 'radio' comes from Open Lines...I do hope you can reschedule Stephen...I'm sure there was just a mixup...hopefully there was no emergency and everyone is ok...

guitardog

Great show lastnight ,,,feels like the old days. and congrats Heather :)

EvB

Quote from: codewrangler on August 04, 2015, 08:14:48 AM
Open Lines are always good...some of the best 'radio' comes from Open Lines...I do hope you can reschedule Stephen...I'm sure there was just a mixup...hopefully there was no emergency and everyone is ok...

Let's hope it was no more than a technical glitch.

Tarbaby

So what's this? I missed the debate between Steven Bassett and Meryl Streep? :-) Stephen Bassett, what a hound. I fell asleep during open lines.

Rick Deckard

Great show, reminiscent of the spooky fun of the old days. Wow.

I daresay it was an instant classic. Art is the master of open lines. Kudos!

zeebo

Very fun show last nite.  It just whizzed by in a flash.  Thanks Art (and your producer).

dan7800

I REALLY hate open lines. Living on the east coast, the show is very late for me. However, with open lines I feel compelled to stay up and listen. Listening to the show the next day as a TT isn't the same "magic" as hearing it live. Then when 3am hits, I say "Let's see what Hoagie is up to tonight". Then, before you know it, it is 5am.

Woke up at noon today. This cannot go on....

Asadora

On the spot Open Lines was very entertaining! If Stephen Bassett had been on the air, then we all would have missed the TT'ing son on Mars caller... which I thought was pure Art Bell Classic - thank you, Art for giving the guy another chance!

;D

Disheartened

Quote from: (Redacted) on August 04, 2015, 06:01:17 AM
Mr Bassett did not answer when called multiple times prior to air.
I smell shenanigans. Coast producers up to their old tricks?

Congrats on the new gig.