20150730 - John Dvorak - Life Beyond Earth - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 30, 2015, 09:57:29 PM

Catsmile

Call Dark Matter Public number: 1-952-225-5278

Skype North America: MITD51
     Skype World: MITD55

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Steven.G on July 31, 2015, 12:29:46 AM
Total autocorrect on my phone!  My claim anyway.

I just wanted a good reason to post the safety not guaranteed meme haha

ChandlersDad

Quote from: zeebo on July 31, 2015, 12:28:35 AM
You speak of an egalitarian community and shared responsibilities but I noticed previously you only mentioned billionaires when it comes to supporting it.  Even if you think this is fair, there's simply not enough money there even if you tax them at 100%.  So are you enthusastic about the middle class having an opportunity to chip in more to support your noble vision of community?

My noble vision has been FACT since the New Deal, which Republicans (sponsored by koch Brothers) are trying to destroy. Social Security would have a huge surplus if Ronald Reagan had not begun the trend of filling holes in the budget by borrowing huge sums from Social Security that were never replaced. Food stamps costs each tax payer $36 a year, whereas corporate support costs each tax payer over $800 a year. Why don't conservatives care about that? Billionaires should be taxed at the level they were before Reagan slashed their taxes. Nothing I mentioned is utopian, it is the norm in most industrialized nations. The problem is that there is a concerted attack on the safety net that has worked for generations. Jeb Bush has proclaimed he intends to destroy Medicare. Republicans in Congress are slowly destroying Social Security by refusing to grant cost-of-living increases. So the amount received gets smaller and smaller in contrast to the costs of food and housing.  The middle class does not have to be taxed even an additional 10 cents! It is priorities and the orchestrated effort to destroy the safety net, then sell it to ignorant people on Fox News.

Xitheron

I think what's really hurting this commercial the most is that Chagga sounds so much like Chunga

Sean92008

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on July 31, 2015, 12:27:41 AM
u realy needa girlfrend😒😔😱😀hahahahahaha but yur hand guna hav to do.

Now, that's really taking the "high road."

Steven.G

Leo is about the only news I want to hear in a day. I say that in the Context It's always informative,  Interesting,  and positive.  To much negative news in the world today.

zeebo

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 31, 2015, 12:34:35 AM
...Trump would be a disaster but an entertaining disaster which is better than just about anyone else out there. But this is all just a publicity stunt.

I think Trump's just resonating because people are starved for anyone who speaks directly (if clumsily).  We're so sick of dithering mealy-mouthed politicians who've been coached to use buzzwords and catch phrases and rhetorical double-speak after all their internall polls and focus groups and strategists and demographic analysis aaaarrgh.  Just say what you really think about something even if it's idiotic!

Steven.G

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 31, 2015, 12:25:26 AM
I'd consider voting for Trump just on principal.

Hilderbeast/Trump debate ... PLEASE LORD!

Herbn-Legend

I aint scared of trollz😎 i love laffin @ life. My life cant b touched by a fOol! Report that

Xitheron

Sean92008

Quote from: coaster on July 31, 2015, 12:39:26 AM
Lost tunein twice in the last few minutes.

App or website?  (sorry, I know this is a regular topic for a few nights)

pate

Not following caller's statement about c(speed of light)^2 95(xy?)= "ninety quadrillion(sp)?"

Quote from: ChandlersDad on July 31, 2015, 12:36:49 AM
My noble vision has been FACT since the New Deal, which Republicans (sponsored by koch Brothers) are trying to destroy. Social Security would have a huge surplus if Ronald Reagan had not begun the trend of filling holes in the budget by borrowing huge sums from Social Security that were never replaced. Food stamps costs each tax payer $36 a year, whereas corporate support costs each tax payer over $800 a year. Why don't conservatives care about that? Billionaires should be taxed at the level they were before Reagan slashed their taxes. Nothing I mentioned is utopian, it is the norm in most industrialized nations. The problem is that there is a concerted attack on the safety net that has worked for generations. Jeb Bush has proclaimed he intends to destroy Medicare. Republicans in Congress are slowly destroying Social Security by refusing to grant cost-of-living increases. So the amount received gets smaller and smaller in contrast to the costs of food and housing.  The middle class does not have to be taxed even an additional 10 cents! It is priorities and the orchestrated effort to destroy the safety net, then sell it to ignorant people on Fox News.

Kate Upton is hot

Pumamama

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 31, 2015, 12:34:35 AM
She's got my vote. Trump would be a disaster but an entertaining disaster which is better than just about anyone else out there. But this is all just a publicity stunt.

Yep. He's just there in these early days to make Jeb seem sane in contrast. He probably won't even make any primary ballots.

coaster

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on July 31, 2015, 12:40:01 AM
I aint scared of trolߘΠi love laffin @ life. My life cant b touched by a fOol! Report that
Reported.

littlechris

Quote from: coaster on July 31, 2015, 12:39:26 AM
Lost tunein twice in the last few minutes.

Same here. I laid down with the babies to listen to the show as they fell asleep. As soon as we laid down, the stream stopped.  Grrrr.

AL5J

Quote from: Steven.G on July 31, 2015, 12:38:34 AM
My wishes have been answered!!  In the podcast!!

If they will just add the bumper music now!

8)

pate

Same Dvorak that created a keyboard?  I would enjoy an exposition on that, if so...

ChandlersDad

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 31, 2015, 12:32:21 AM
Nah, just sick of self-righteous liberals.  8)

You evidently prefer hate filled right wingers who wave confederate flags, want to make Christianity (only the most right wing fundamentalist variety) a state religion and part of our laws, don't want women to control their own bodies, hate gay people, dislike racial minorities.....you know, the standard clown car of Republican presidential candidates.

Quote from: pate on July 31, 2015, 12:40:22 AM
Not following caller's statement about c(speed of light)^2 95(xy?)= "ninety quadrillion(sp)?"

c is the light constant which is 3 x 10^8 meters/second.

So the square of the speed of light is 8.98 x 10^16 (meters^2/seconds^2). It is essentially a really really big number, quadrillion level number.

However, you have to divide both to get an equation for mass, which means the speed of light constant squared is a divisor term, not a multiplier term.