• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The archives are dysfunctional

Started by tularosa, July 22, 2015, 11:54:24 AM

tularosa

The pause/play does not work and download does not work.  I know of others that are having the same problem.

If this does not get fixed it will cost Art subscribers and none of us want that to happen.

Art, if you read this maybe you can get some results re. this problem.  I have emailed Keith but but no fix yet.

I am using Chrome which I know many others are using.

centaurie

Wonder if you are hitting the site at a high traffic time? I had some issue getting the files this morning, but eventually got them. Yes, I'm using Chrome. Have not tried Firefox yet but the different browsers have been known to behave differently.

Downloading or trying to listen was very, very slow this morning. I was on @8am US EST. Had to try a couple of times and reload the pages. I've been getting to the site an hour earlier on the last two shows. Though I'm not sure what the traffic patterns would be, for me I just want them before the commute.

henge0stone

Quote from: tularosa on July 22, 2015, 11:54:24 AM
The pause/play does not work and download does not work.  I know of others that are having the same problem.

If this does not get fixed it will cost Art subscribers and none of us want that to happen.

Art, if you read this maybe you can get some results re. this problem.  I have emailed Keith but but no fix yet.

I am using Chrome which I know many others are using.

Try using firefox. I heard chrome may have had issues.

I've had some issues as well. Can't get a new segment to play unless I log out and log back in. And even then that's hit or miss. Once I pause it won't start up either.

tularosa

yep!

I am close to canceling my sub.  I do not want to but I am not going to pay  money for something that does not work

digirato

I am also having trouble downloading the three files. I'm using Chrome. I right click, select 'save link as' and nothing happens. Now I've found that if I click any link at the top of the page, the save link dialog will pop-up and I'm able to save the file. This is broken functionality which I hope they will fix soon.

Has anyone heard if MITD will be available through iTunes at some point? I've just joined Bellgab so sorry if this has already been addressed.

trust_no_one

Quote from: digirato on July 22, 2015, 01:01:14 PM
I am also having trouble downloading the three files. I'm using Chrome. I right click, select 'save link as' and nothing happens. Now I've found that if I click any link at the top of the page, the save link dialog will pop-up and I'm able to save the file. This is broken functionality which I hope they will fix soon.

Has anyone heard if MITD will be available through iTunes at some point? I've just joined Bellgab so sorry if this has already been addressed.

I am using Firefox on a Mac and it seems to work fine for me the last couple days.  I click "Download" and the audio stream starts.  Then I right click and use "Save Audio As..."

It works - not as seamlessly as other podcasts/audio but OK for me with that config.

ziznak

I like to use the player in my browser to queue up each file.  I haven't decided if I'm going to try and download them all for my own personal art bell collection/stockpile... I already have the gigantic torrent collection we were spanking to after s3rius sucked my balls.

I think if you are having problems it may be because of the usual 1d-10t errors us techs always complain about

cweb

I've had a bit of a lag at first, but they usually start after a moment. Instead of playing them off the browser, I right click and save them all. 42MB per show is something I can afford.

Then simply dump them into a folder and tag them so foobar/whatever can sort them for me.

jjsmooth

From the main page listing all episodes, right clicking and choosing "save link as" doesn't do anything. But once I click on a link to go to another page, I get the "save as" download window. Seems like a bug.

If you click on the link to the page for each show, then right click and choosing "save link as" from that page, it immediately opens up the "save as" window as expected and allows you to download the mp3.

I'm using Chrome on a Windows 7 PC.

ShayP

I can play the archived shows but it's hit or miss.  A few segments stopped after 5 minutes or so.  After I reloaded the page it would play.

Also....if I pause it and then try to commence playing, it doesn't work.  >:(

I still have yet to be able to download a show.  :(

I use Chrome on a Windows 8 PC.

Mystery43

I'm having the same issue. I'm also using Chrome.. I sense a theme here. it'll just stop mid playback and I have to refresh to start it over. This has happened several times.  Hopefully they get it fixed soon

digirato

Quote from: jjsmooth on July 22, 2015, 04:06:48 PM
From the main page listing all episodes, right clicking and choosing "save link as" doesn't do anything. But once I click on a link to go to another page, I get the "save as" download window. Seems like a bug.

If you click on the link to the page for each show, then right click and choosing "save link as" from that page, it immediately opens up the "save as" window as expected and allows you to download the mp3.

I'm using Chrome on a Windows 7 PC.

That's the solution I was looking for! thank you
Once I click the line with the date plus the guest name, the page that displays works just like it should. Right clicking, then picking 'save link...' works instantly.

centaurie

Now that I'm out of the office, I'm finding the only way to get Chrome to download the link is to right click and choose save as, then either navigate away or reload the page. Same resolution as jjsmooth.

I don't have the same issue in Firefox.

I'm so used to plowing through things I know I did the reload this morning. Personally then I just thought it was high traffic.

311guy1

Great, here we go again. Now Art will use this as an excuse to quit. This is the Sirius shit all over again.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: tularosa on July 22, 2015, 12:51:08 PM
yep!

I am close to canceling my sub.  I do not want to but I am not going to pay  money for something that does not work

Do let me know when you cancel your sub as I will take out another one.

CindyB22

I keep getting a looking for a socket message.  I have tried at various times of the day.

onan

Art's show isn't a week old and some are already bailing. wow.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: onan on July 22, 2015, 07:20:50 PM

Some bail, new ones subscribe.  This will happen every day.

311guy1

Quote from: tularosa on July 22, 2015, 12:51:08 PM
yep!

I'm not happy with the archived shows either, but it's $5. It took me about 15 minutes of research to find a program that will automatically record the stream, stop after 3 hours, then save the file. I'm still going to pay the $5 too, even if I'm not going to download the shows. It's going to help Art out and hopefully provide us with years of some good radio.

If you're not happy, call into the show and ask him what's up with the archive. If not, go cry somewhere else.

SaucyRossy

I haven't had any of the problems people here are talking about. Used, Safari, chrome, Firefox. Logged in on a Mac, pc, iPad, iPhone, kindle fire even and they all work.

albrecht

Quote from: 311guy1 on July 22, 2015, 07:27:34 PM
I'm not happy with the archived shows either, but it's $5. It took me about 15 minutes of research to find a program that will automatically record the stream, stop after 3 hours, then save the file. I'm still going to pay the $5 too, even if I'm not going to download the shows. It's going to help Art out and hopefully provide us with years of some good radio.

If you're not happy, call into the show and ask him what's up with the archive. If not, go cry somewhere else.
;D ;D ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 311guy1 on July 22, 2015, 06:44:56 PM
Great, here we go again. Now Art will use this as an excuse to quit. This is the Sirius shit all over again.

Let's take a deep breath.

CindyB22

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<Expires>2015-07-23T01:26:50Z</Expires>
<ServerTime>2015-07-23T01:33:40Z</ServerTime>
<RequestId>F6DAAC3F66700487</RequestId>
<HostId>
qKVMS21+/h61DYpGHVROEXQrsv7zVpCbyxpWpuVLScp8tC6K8CR8pPHx5CAihgz+d2OUChjnD/A=
</HostId>
</Error>

Heather Wade

It's easy to right click on the player and download each file. 

ItsOver

Quote from: onan on July 22, 2015, 07:20:50 PM
Unbelievable.  Geesh, give it a chance.  Either a bunch of spoiled brats or Davebots.  Go listen to Dave.  You  deserve him.

PathoJen

Guys, I'm not trying to be an ass at all or condescending, and I wouldn't exactly call myself overly "technical", but I'm on a macbook air, using OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 and I just right clicked and clicked "download linked file as..." and that was it, it was downloaded in 2 seconds. :/
Then instantly opened in iTunes.

indigoo

"I use Chrome, and can't download"

Well, how about you try another browser. It's embarrassing to think that Art reads these forums and we have people acting like this.

Chad Jacobs

I had trouble even listening to the live stream with safari with my 6 plus phone.  However, when I switched to chrome the live stream worked fine.  Apple browsers are always hit and miss.  Heck with my nursing FNP program the ONLY program that works is chrome and I pay $5,000 per semester! Plus, I've gotten more enjoyment from the hour of listening to Art since he's been back (I've only heard the first hour of the "test" program) than from my entire nursing education.  It's takes me back to the early 1990's when my parents were still alive and I pulled the show in on 1070 AM back in Indy.  What counts is that he keeps on air. IF he does he will build his audience, improve his tech and eventually have IOS APPS like Coast to Coast which work seamlessly (but which will contain Bell's wonderful perspective no disrespect to Knapp, Schrader, or Noory who have given me some great shows which I also appreciate). 

dan7800

You have to right click on the file and do download as (or something similar)

I've been able to download the archives just fine. They work.