• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

First Caller "Rose"

Started by DinamoDennis, July 21, 2015, 08:21:56 AM

DinamoDennis

Fake ?

Seems to perfect of a way to start off the show.

PathoJen

Quote from: DinamoDennis on July 21, 2015, 08:21:56 AM
Fake ?

Seems to perfect of a way to start off the show.
I for one never thought for a moment it was fake. It sounded like the real deal...unless it was a very good actress, much unlike the one who screams on that kickstart commercial they keep playing.

PathoJen

Oh, and I loved Rose. i think she had every single listener smiling from ear to ear when she found out she was actually speaking to Art himself! I love when she said she cried when she turned on the radio and heard "that other guy" (aka Dave), that was hilarious.

onan

Quote from: PathoJen on July 21, 2015, 08:27:18 AM
Oh, and I loved Rose. i think she had every single listener smiling from ear to ear when she found out she was actually speaking to Art himself! I love when she said she cried when she turned on the radio and heard "that other guy" (aka Dave), that was hilarious.

It certainly put a smile on my face as I drifted off to sleep.

DinamoDennis

I agree is was very genuine and it defiantly put a smile on my face.
Just seemed to perfect.

Meister_000

Quote from: PathoJen on July 21, 2015, 08:27:18 AM

It _was_ an absolutely perfect opener, and too precious. I just got back from listening to her segment again in the archive, for kicks, came back here and found this new thread. She's the happiest gal in town today, no doubt.

NXOEED

I was on the train when that one came on.

I was already giddy with excitement after hearing The Chase for the second night in a row and realizing that Art has every intention of reclaiming his theme for good. The moment it dawned on Rose that she was on the phone with Art, I started tearing up.

It's so good to have this back.

She was so great, I too thought it possibly couldn't be real.

Then I realized I want to move to farm country Illinois, where good people still exist. I wish she was my grandma, I'd be spoiled.

DanTSX

Even if it was, why do you want to ruin it? :-\

It was a perfect call to let all the new listeners to Art Bell know that he is a legend.

chefist

It was 100% legit IMO...she would have to have been an academy award winning actress reading off of the best creative script in years! No, it was real....

DanTSX

OP is jealous it wasn't Jazmunda

DanTSX

Quote from: chefist on July 21, 2015, 10:51:48 AM
It was 100% legit IMO...she would have to have been an academy award winning actress reading off of the best creative script in years! No, it was real....

Well he did kick off the show with Cryatal Gale.  Maybe he dug up Angela Lansbury or Goldie Hawn or some other late 70's relic to do the first call. ;D

DinamoDennis

QuoteEven if it was, why do you want to ruin it? :-\

The truth my friend... the truth.

Jackstar

I wish I could buy into the idea that Art Bell is fiendishly clever enough to spend the day before aping, "How does Skype work? I'm so confused!!!" and then flawlessly insert a scripted call at the top of the show that sounds legitimately real from start to finish... but, no, that's just what old people sound like when they wet their pants.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

DesertFox

Quote from: The General on July 21, 2015, 12:13:16 PM
It was simply perfect.

Exactly--Rose was perfect.  No other word for it.

scottydawg

Well first Crystal, Then Grammy Rose, Will it be the infamous and always entertaining J.C. tonite? Oh PUUUUULEEEEZ J.C. Call-in! ;D

Test4echo

Its funny cause I felt it was a fake call as well. I think the moment was when she talked about her daughter. Something about it seemed "off".
A great call, very entertaining but the timing for a call like that was very suspicious.
Like she was a character.
Could be it was real to Art and she set it up, I dunno.

Does it really matter? No not really.....its bout entertainment.

Test,

subvortex

Totally Legit.  I laughed and had "that smile" on my face ;)

saucerlike

Thought it was great, and real.

VegasI15

Wow!  I'm taken back that people thought this call was staged.  Indeed it is one of the best callers to ever be on Art's show.  Bottom line, you would have to be one hell of an actress to pull that off!  IMO no way someone could have faked that one. 

Granted, it was so good it was surreal.  And that perhaps is where people feel it might be fake.  To each his own but...no, that one was real. 

popple

LMAO I suppose she meant coast to coast jumping on indie when DM went off.  "THE OTHER SHOW!!!"

ROSE:I cried when they took him off. I screamed at my husband HES NOT ON HE'S NOT ON!!!! The other show is on!!!
ART: You're talking about him like he's in the third person.
ROSE: Well, he was gone for a little while and I missed him so much.
ART: Well, he was and he missed being here too, but listen just for the record I'm Art. This is Art.
ROSE: OOOHMYGAWWWWWD!!!!!!!11111!!221!@!
ART: No, just Art.
ROSE: OOOHMYGAWDIGOTTHREWTOYOUUUU?!?!!?!
ART: HAHAHAHAH
ROSE: OH MY GOD
ART: Now what have I always said ROSE? I said I don't have a call screener
ROSE: YEAHUSUALLYTHEYSAYTHATANDSOMEBODYELSEPICSUPOOOOOOOOOOH!!!! MY LORD. ART ART!!!! OHMYGAWDILUUUVYEWWW!! I tell you, I swear, the day you went off the air I said NO NO HE'S GOING TO BE BACK ON! That other radio show was on. I SCREAMED AT MY HUSBAND HE'S NOT ONNNNNNNNN!!! I sat down and cried. It was like somebody stabbed me in the heart with a knife. I've been listening to you for years.
ART: ROSE you know, you've really got to get a recording of this program. I hope you've joined as a time traveler and you've got a copy of it. You know if you're a time traveler you get a copy of the show.
ROSE: MY husband paid for a subscription to the show
ART: There you go. BECAUSE YOU'VE GOTTA HEAR YOUR VOICE ROSE! You've gotta hear your voice when you figured out it was me.
ROSE: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA HA! I just can't believe it!
ART: AWHAWHAW! Yes, believe it.
ROSE: Art, I love you and your family! Your daughter and wife are just beautiful!
ART: Thank you. Thank you.

That call was 100000000% real. With the fans Art has he doesn't need to set this kind of thing up 8)

Meister_000

Popple,  that  cracked me up! thanks, just the notion of "The Rose Transcript"!  And it must have taken some work.

I Googled around earlier for things like "Iuka Illinois local news"  + Rose + Art Bell etc. but found nothing. Thought maybe perhaps someone in the Village would have picked up the story  "Local girl becomes instant Radio Star"

Murder101

Guess I'm the only one that hated it then? I just hate callers in general though.

Quote from: Murder101 on July 21, 2015, 09:43:51 PM
Guess I'm the only one that hated it then? I just hate callers in general though.

Jesus.. the callers are the best part of the show.  Besides Art of course.  ;D  It's the occasional guest that I can't stand.

Quote from: boilingpitsofsewage on July 22, 2015, 12:49:48 AM
Jesus.. the callers are the best part of the show.  Besides Art of course.  ;D  It's the occasional guest that I can't stand.
So then your, "Jesus... blah blah," sounds like a very unnecessary remark since you mirror Murder's feelings to dislike it with your disdain for a guest. 

Quote from: Murder101 on July 21, 2015, 09:43:51 PM
And really? HATED? Woah.

onan

Jesus doesn't mind, really he doesn't. And if someone wants to embellish, meh.