• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Favorite Soup

Started by Mordred478, November 08, 2008, 07:45:54 PM

Caruthers612

I love soup. I love soup. Favorite is, undoubtedly, tomato bisque. Tomato soup in general, but bisque in particular. There are many others. Good pea soup. Butternut squash--MMMM. So many I daren't list them all. And now that father sun has gone underground to rest till the spring, tis a soupy time, indeed.

M

EvB

Mushroom barley when I'm in a healthy mood - cream of mushroom when I'm not.

West Indian Pea Soup with ham & (West Indian) dumplings
Goat Water
Trinidadian Corn Soup
Middle Eastern Lentil Soup
Almost any soup my wife makes
My Mom's leftover turkey soup
good Hot & Sour (Not corn starch laden crap in 99% of restaurants)
Real Mulligatawny
Cockaleekie
Ginger Chicken Udon soup

Spikegirl

New England Clam Chowder. Also, Trader Joe's tomato and red pepper soup.

Caruthers612

Heh, somehow I knew there'd be immediate responses to this thread--only a card-carrying commie wouldn't like soup. You guys are brilliant. You mentioned so many soups I love but hadn't thought of, and others I've never heard of but would love to try. Yes, Japanese udon noodle soup with beef or teriyaki chicken. And HOW could I forget my mother's matzoh ball soup?! I should have my yarmulke revoked. Not that I have one.

M, what drives under the influence of mamala's chicken soup

EvB

Heh, somehow I knew there'd be immediate responses to this thread--only a card-carrying commie wouldn't like soup

For us northerners - you also picked an "I NEED SOUP!!" time of year.  _ which I love, easy cheap (if you make your own) and nutritious.

Caruthers612

Cat Soup!

You mean Catsup? AH HA HA!
      Dude, that was awesome. Where'd you find it? Looks like anime but with Italian dialogue bubbles? Are there more of these? Where can I get them? I must have more!

M, what liked that animation

Spikegirl

You know, I forgot the more ethnic soups that I like.

Kreplach soup (Jewish)
Mulligatawny soup (Indian)
Coconut soup (Indian)
Miso soup (Japanese)
Mondongo (Dominican)
Sancocho (Colombian)

EvB

Ah yes!  you reminded me of Won Ton --

I like to make my own - but in a pinch  -- there is a place near here that makes REALLY GOOD won ton - not just weak broth and a dumpling or two.  THIS stuff has shredded carrots, strips of roast pork - LOTS of dumplings, and for good measure, about 6 to 8 whole snow pea pods per bowl thrown in at the last moment before serving so they are warmed though - but still crunchy.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote from: Mordred478 on November 10, 2008, 05:15:16 PM
      You mean Catsup? AH HA HA!
      Dude, that was awesome. Where'd you find it? Looks like anime but with Italian dialogue bubbles? Are there more of these? Where can I get them? I must have more!

M, what liked that animation

The second part is linked on youtube directly after the first part is done and then so on, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.  ;D

I refuse to add to the ruining of a conversation about good soup.

Blaff - The only REAL Dominican soup, from Dominica (& other French West Indian islands).

Spikegirl

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on November 11, 2008, 11:25:57 AM
As long as you promise to tie me up and "re-educate" me, I'll concede this fight.  Now can we get to the "make-up sex"?

heh...anything for you, papi   ;D

EvB

As long as I'm not subjected to the soundtrack - I say get on with it and have fun!   ;:)

Quote from: EvB on November 11, 2008, 12:22:36 PM
As long as I'm not subjected to the soundtrack - I say get on with it and have fun!   ;:)

Damn! And to think I just rented your neighbors place for the occasion.

You, Me, SpikeGirl, Fred, some peanut butter, and no questions....whaddya say?

EvB

QuoteYou, Me, SpikeGirl, Fred, some peanut butter, and no questions....whaddya say?                

I say that for some odd reason, Fred HATES peanut butter.  Better make that cheese-in-a-spray-can.   :P

Quote from: EvB on November 11, 2008, 12:42:41 PM
I say that for some odd reason, Fred HATES peanut butter.  Better make that cheese-in-a-spray-can.   :P

Even your dog is kinky!!!! Awesome!

danDNA

Heinz tomato. with mash potato in it. keeping it real. and ghetto at the same time.

Quote from: danDNA on November 11, 2008, 03:44:20 PM
Heinz tomato. with mash potato in it. keeping it real. and ghetto at the same time.

Don't forget a little brown sauce. It's fuckin' delish man!

Here's a soup I forgot on my list.

Spikegirl

Quote from: danDNA on November 11, 2008, 03:44:20 PM

Mmmmm...British cuisine...quite the treat! That's right up there with beans on toast!  ;D

Spikegirl

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on November 11, 2008, 04:27:11 PM
Don't forget a little brown sauce. It's fuckin' delish man!

Here's a soup I forgot on my list.

With Spotted Dick for dessert and maybe some Byrds custard!

danDNA

i also like French onion soup with grated cheese in it, that forms little tear drops as it melts in the liquid.
and home-made leak and potato by my girlfriend's mum.

BTW If you are ever in England go to Birmingham to the old Bird's custard factory, 'cus its a club now, called the custard factory.