• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

comaphobe

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 03, 2016, 02:54:56 AM
And it was one that was ripped from the pages of the mag pretty much verbatim. I think it's a Bernie Wrightson story.
Hangin's too good for him!  >:(

possibly my favorite animated movie of all time.

Belles

Quote from: norland2424 on March 03, 2016, 02:56:27 AM
Dude you killed your neighbor and ran lol.

Well yah he ran....they wanted to take away his freedom and privacy.

Barfly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 03, 2016, 02:57:00 AM
astroglide  ;) ;)
Astroglide is good, lots of generic stuff that is just as good, some woman turned me on to this stuff called Silk, the stuff is like the equivalent to synthetic oil for your car, it stays slippery for ever.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 03, 2016, 02:54:56 AM
And it was one that was ripped from the pages of the mag pretty much verbatim. I think it's a Bernie Wrightson story.
Hangin's too good for him!  >:(

Bernie Wrightson is an incredible artist.  Love the voice acting in that one.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: comaphobe on March 03, 2016, 02:58:40 AM

Yeah, it's pretty gnarly! Unfortunately, the mag kinda went in the dumper in the late 80s. It's gotten better lately and I'm even more hopeful that starting next issue Grant Morrison will be taking over as editor. Should be interesting!

comaphobe

Quote from: Belles on March 03, 2016, 03:00:11 AM
Well yah he ran....they wanted to take away his freedom and privacy.

belize.. corrupt to the bone. i'd run too.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Barfly on March 03, 2016, 03:00:56 AM
Astroglide is good, lots of generic stuff that is just as good, some woman turned me on to this stuff called Silk, the stuff is like the equivalent to synthetic oil for your car, it stays slippery for ever.

I'll have to check it out. I wonder what it's from? Most of the water based ones can dry up pretty quickly.

Barfly

So Robin supports legal drugs and hookers?
Maybe she aint so bad after all :)
j/k

Quote from: comaphobe on March 03, 2016, 02:58:40 AM
I saw it at a revival in a theater the first time and it transported me to a different world. I forgot the outside world for 80 minutes. Movies these days suck-they just focus on providing bright visuals.

Barfly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 03, 2016, 03:04:29 AM
I'll have to check it out. I wonder what it's from? Most of the water based ones can dry up pretty quickly.
Its all mostly glycerin based, but trust me this shit if fukin great.
I dont know where she got it.

comaphobe

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 03, 2016, 03:01:24 AM
Love the voice acting in that one.

many of the voices in the movie were SCTV alumni. eugene levy was sternn in that segment. the whole sketch was well written. these days they would fuck that right up or it would all be lost in translation.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 03, 2016, 03:06:49 AM
I saw it at a revival in a theater the first time and it transported me to a different world. I forgot the outside world for 80 minutes. Movies these days suck-they just focus on providing bright visuals.

That was my experience too. Of course, the drugs could've had something to do with that too though  :P

Barfly

Quote from: Belles on March 03, 2016, 03:04:11 AM
First I'd try not killing anyone there.
I like to think i dont want to kill anyone, its a good policy to have.
I dont want to harm anybody, i did plenty of that for Uncle Sam way back when.

Barfly

Quote from: norland2424 on March 03, 2016, 03:08:42 AM
Their is no military grade pepper spray ... ::)
I was really LOL at that reply  ;D
Its like is it Taco Bell or Chipotle?

comaphobe

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 03, 2016, 03:06:49 AM

i agree, these days it's all about providing eye candy to the pacifier craving masses. the first time i saw it was at a drive-in with my parents when i was around 6 or 7. it was another 10+ years before i saw it again (the shiny silver VHS version of the 1990s) and it's one of the VHS tapes that i still keep because it looks cool on display. i got the slipcase DVD but i don't know what exctras were included. there needs to be a criterion version of heavy metal.

Quote from: Belles on March 03, 2016, 03:04:11 AM
First I'd try not killing anyone there.

Didn't he kill some other rich American that was living down there?

norland2424

Quote from: Barfly on March 03, 2016, 03:12:13 AM
I was really LOL at that reply  ;D
Its like is it Taco Bell or Chipotle?

Lol I mean i know their is !military style tear gas but pepper spray lol .

Barfly

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 03, 2016, 03:12:21 AM
Didn't he kill some other rich American that was living down there?
If he did indeed kill these people and has the balls to run for pres, he is either nuts or one of the smartest guys on the planet.. aside from Steven Hawking LOL

Barfly

Quote from: norland2424 on March 03, 2016, 03:14:08 AM
Lol I mean i know their is !military style tear gas but pepper spray lol .
I know what you meant, just wanted to retort in a funny way

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: comaphobe on March 03, 2016, 03:12:14 AM
i agree, these days it's all about providing eye candy to the pacifier craving masses. the first time i saw it was at a drive-in with my parents when i was around 6 or 7. it was another 10+ years before i saw it again (the shiny silver VHS version of the 1990s) and it's one of the VHS tapes that i still keep because it looks cool on display. i got the slipcase DVD but i don't know what exctras were included. there needs to be a criterion version of heavy metal.

I wouldn't argue with that but it would be great if they made another based on some more of the stories from the first 5-10 years of it's run. I know they did another one in 2000 but nothing about it appealed to me as it seemed to be based on content from the direction change that first made me stop buying it.

Belles

Quote from: comaphobe on March 03, 2016, 03:12:14 AM

Wow you youngsters!  i saw it at the theater when if first came out.

Barfly

Quote from: Belles on March 03, 2016, 03:19:24 AM
Wow you youngsters!  i saw it at the theater when if first came out.
Same here, Im 60, i also have the movie on my home server

comaphobe

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 03, 2016, 03:19:16 AM
I wouldn't argue with that but it would be great if they made another based on some more of the stories from the first 5-10 years of it's run. I know they did another one in 2000 but nothing about it appealed to me as it seemed to be based on content from the direction change that first made me stop buying it.

there was talk somewhat recently of a proper sequel but i don't know what happened with any of that. i think the fakk 2000 thing was hated by everybody. i would like another movie based on shorts woven together by a common theme (like the locknar was in the first).

creepshow 1 and 2 had some really cool animated sequences in between the live action chapters in each movie, mostly the second movie i think. it was in the same vein as heavy metal. the first movie is fuzzy to me but the 2nd had the kid being bullied and he had the seeds to grow the man-eating plants.

Barfly

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: comaphobe on March 03, 2016, 03:27:04 AM
there was talk somewhat recently of a proper sequel but i don't know what happened with any of that. i think the fakk 2000 thing was hated by everybody. i would like another movie based on shorts woven together by a common theme (like the locknar was in the first).

creepshow 1 and 2 had some really cool animated sequences in between the live action chapters in each movie, mostly the second movie i think. it was in the same vein as heavy metal. the first movie is fuzzy to me but the 2nd had the kid being bullied and he had the seeds to grow the man-eating plants.

I remember enjoying the first Creepshow movie but I haven't seen it since then and can barely remember it now. I'll have to do a Creepshow/Tusk double feature one night soon  ;)