• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Mild Bill

Quote from: onan on October 11, 2015, 01:17:17 PM
Try walking on a non-material sidewalk.

Thought and consciousness are not the same. A debate or argument would be unproductive. Let us agree to disagree.  :)

ShayP

Quote from: Mild Bill on October 11, 2015, 01:31:01 PM
Thought and consciousness are not the same. A debate or argument would be unproductive. Let us agree to disagree.  :)

:D

https://youtu.be/p8_FOQ7-P30

Mild Bill

Hey, Shay!

Let's agree it's a great football Sunday! Enjoy!

ShayP

Quote from: Mild Bill on October 11, 2015, 02:42:13 PM
Hey, Shay!

Let's agree it's a great football Sunday! Enjoy!

Yes sir!  Gonna be a great Monday too when my Steelers play.  ;)

Cheers!  :)

Mild Bill

Quote from: ShayP on October 11, 2015, 02:57:15 PM
Yes sir!  Gonna be a great Monday too when my Steelers play.  ;)

Cheers!  :)

If Barfly doesn't join us at OSOM, I'm gonna be a little concerned.

ShayP

Quote from: Mild Bill on October 11, 2015, 03:05:44 PM
If Barfly doesn't join us at OSOM, I'm gonna be a little concerned.

He has that new contract to work so I'm guessing he's taking care of business.

Mild Bill

Quote from: ShayP on October 11, 2015, 03:24:39 PM
He has that new contract to work so I'm guessing he's taking care of business.

I'm hoping that's it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on October 11, 2015, 03:54:41 PM
Me too.
I hope his Harley is ok.  He said if anything happened to him I could have his Harley.

wr250

Quote from: Mild Bill on October 11, 2015, 01:31:01 PM

can we agree that dave sucks?

trostol

Quote from: wr250 on October 11, 2015, 03:57:26 PM
can we agree that dave sucks?

we can..i think we can agree this is Hoagie when the store runs out of his hair treatment

astroguy

I ran out of Judge Judy, Young Hercules, and Kerry Cassidy to listen to so I started to catch up on Other Side of Midnight this weekend.  I've gotten from Sept. 5 though the 22nd so far and I'm struck by three things.

First, I'm perfectly fine giving credit where credit is due: Except for insisting that other people are quiet while he goes on his off-topic multi-minute diatribes, Richard is a good radio host.  Significantly better than some others that are discussed on this forum.

Second, Richard is incredibly good at debunking pseudoscience in which he does not believe, such as Moon Landing Hoax people as well as Planet X.

Third, Richard is an utter hypocrite.  He stated not once, but twice, unmistakably on the interview with Allan Sturm that people who try to say that something on another planet is an "air conditioner" or "apartment complex" doesn't know what they're doing, because all they can really say is it's natural vs artificial "geometry."  To be clear, Richard has himself stated that features on Mars are apartment complexes.  He also continued on that very show to talk about unmistakable archologies on Pluto.  He needs to pay attention to what he says.  In addition to that, as I've written about before, "geometry" proves nothing that Richard claims it does.

I know most people on here don't believe most of what Richard says anyway, but I wanted to share, regardless.  ;D

And, I haven't gotten to that evening yet when he said there are no craters on part of Mars, but I'll post again, yes, there are craters all over Mars.  I mapped over 600,000 of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS1yTo10e_A

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on October 11, 2015, 04:23:40 PM
I ran out of Judge Judy, Young Hercules, and Kerry Cassidy to listen to so I started to catch up on Other Side of Midnight this weekend....
And, I haven't gotten to that evening yet when he said there are no craters on part of Mars, but I'll post again, yes, there are craters all over Mars.  I mapped over 600,000 of them:
Rock on astroguy!  (If that is really a rock)

astroguy

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 11, 2015, 04:28:34 PM
Rock on astroguy!  (If that is really a rock)
Re-quote, I added a third point between the original two. ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on October 11, 2015, 04:29:44 PM
Re-quote, I added a third point between the original two. ;)
Astroguy, did you use some pattern recognition algorithm to map the craters?  I can't imagine placing a cursor and clicking an image on each individual crater. 600,000 is a lot.

I still think something blew up where the asteroid belt now sits, explaining why one side of Mars is really hammered with craters.

Thoughts?

astroguy

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 11, 2015, 04:37:18 PM
Astroguy, did you use some pattern recognition algorithm to map the craters?  I can't imagine placing a cursor and clicking an image on each individual crater. 600,000 is a lot.

I still think something blew up where the asteroid belt now sits, explaining why one side of Mars is really hammered with craters.

Thoughts?
All craters were mapped manually, by hand, tracing the rims.  It took many years.  People still do it better than computers.

As for an exploded planet, I did two podcast episodes on that (here and here where I showed that no, the asteroid belt was not a planet based on everything we know about science and history and how things work.

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on October 11, 2015, 04:39:52 PM
All craters were mapped manually, by hand, tracing the rims.  It took many years.  People still do it better than computers.

As for an exploded planet, I did two podcast episodes on that (here and here where I showed that no, the asteroid belt was not a planet based on everything we know about science and history and how things work.
Thanks, I will check them out.  Did you ever get my PMs about the sun and comets?

trostol

Quote from: astroguy on October 11, 2015, 04:23:40 PM
I ran out of Judge Judy, Young Hercules, and Kerry Cassidy to listen to so I started to catch up on Other Side of Midnight this weekend.  I've gotten from Sept. 5 though the 22nd so far and I'm struck by three things.

First, I'm perfectly fine giving credit where credit is due: Except for insisting that other people are quiet while he goes on his off-topic multi-minute diatribes, Richard is a good radio host.  Significantly better than some others that are discussed on this forum.

Second, Richard is incredibly good at debunking pseudoscience in which he does not believe, such as Moon Landing Hoax people as well as Planet X.

Third, Richard is an utter hypocrite.  He stated not once, but twice, unmistakably on the interview with Allan Sturm that people who try to say that something on another planet is an "air conditioner" or "apartment complex" doesn't know what they're doing, because all they can really say is it's natural vs artificial "geometry."  To be clear, Richard has himself stated that features on Mars are apartment complexes.  He also continued on that very show to talk about unmistakable archologies on Pluto.  He needs to pay attention to what he says.  In addition to that, as I've written about before, "geometry" proves nothing that Richard claims it does.

I know most people on here don't believe most of what Richard says anyway, but I wanted to share, regardless.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS1yTo10e_A

just remember ...its in the

albrecht

Goodness, that sounds like monotonous work! But nice job (also on the other stuff you've posted.) It is weird to me, non scientist, how there are regions that seem to be relatively free of craters? I guess related to the orbit and where 'stuff' like meteors/asteroids is coming from? Nice work.
ps: I still like Hoagland and consider his insistence on "torsion," arcologies, and 19.5 endearing. Don't buy it, but he is a good radio host. And it not like he is taking public funds or being taught in school so, for me, no harm and just fun.

Mild Bill

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 11, 2015, 03:56:50 PM
I hope his Harley is ok.  He said if anything happened to him I could have his Harley.

Which one? He has two :)

Mild Bill

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 11, 2015, 05:00:49 PM
I'm not picky as long as it runs.

When it comes to his Harleys, I think his ears are burning ;D

GravitySucks

Any idea of how many known craters there are on earth? 

I saw the part about 1km.... Is that the limit of the resolution of the imagery, or are "craters" less than 1km classified as something else (e.g. Micro crater)?

And thanks for all your patience in answering all of the questions you get in a thoughtful manner.

SaucyRossy

I am leaving my position as Producer, to continue to pursue my own creative projects and passions that I had put on hold to work on the show. Thank you to everyone that's been such great supporters of me and the show, I really appreciate all of you, you all made this a lot of fun and I was happy knowing you enjoyed the work I did on the show.

You are a bunch of vaguely loveable bellgabbers, I'll be around.

Mild Bill

As for an exploded planet, I did two podcast episodes on that where I showed that no, the asteroid belt was not a planet based on everything we know about science and history and how things work.

As you know, Tom Van Flandern, were he alive, would not only disagree with you, but prove you wrong.

wr250

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 11, 2015, 05:11:33 PM
I am leaving my position as Producer, to continue to pursue my own creative projects and passions that I had put on hold to work on the show. Thank you to everyone that's been such great supporters of me and the show, I really appreciate all of you, you all made this a lot of fun and I was happy knowing you enjoyed the work I did on the show.

we wish you the best in your pursuits.
can you name your replacement ?

Mild Bill

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 11, 2015, 05:11:33 PM

Good luck to you in your future! Who is going to replace you as Richard's producer?

zeebo

Thanks for all your work on the show Rossy.  Continued success in future pursuits.