• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Newly "imagined" data from the Imaging Panel. 
That's what I'm talkin' about!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Étouffée on July 15, 2017, 09:29:19 AM
Newly "imagined" data from the Imaging Panel. 
That's what I'm talkin' about!

Seriously? This is the agenda?

ItsOver

albrecht

Quote from: Nobody on July 15, 2017, 01:46:00 AM
Thursday's guest bio:

Friday's guest bio:

The website has now deteriorated to the point where they leave the same guest bio up and merely change one incorrect date to another.  ???

If Hoagland's webmaster is (as I am beginning to suspect) a homeless chap with a laptop, Hoagland needs to stop paying him in Buckfast; the Bucky is starting to show quite badly.
Buckfast ha. Actually that is likely too expensive, I think they are paying in 2 litre plastic bottles of cider and a few cans of Tennent's Extra Strong for breakfast fortification.
Douglas Dietrich apparently relies on a homeless woman. dubbed "Rose Dio," with mental problems living in her van to update his shows on to youtube. Not kidding. Surely RCH could find similar help who could manage date/guest updates. Then again, this could be all a part of "the model"- you know quantum entanglements and the difficulty of determining BOTH guest identity and date, or indeed, if there will even be a show at all! One would hope the "torsion model" could nail down this information. 19.5 computations and an Accutron surely, can solve this issue.

anunnaki

What is the deal with the photo of the overweight dog "Moralla" ?

Nice hearing "Springfield Museum of Science" curator Dick Hoagland, speaking on 1965 local NBC special news broadcast, on the Mariner IV fly-by of Mars.

It's Young Hoagie!

Dyna-X

Quote from: Étouffée on July 15, 2017, 10:26:18 PM
Nice hearing "Springfield Museum of Science" curator Dick Hoagland, speaking on 1965 local NBC special news broadcast, on the Mariner IV fly-by of Mars.

It's Young Hoagie!
He doesn't sound too different. I love how everyone speaks on these broadcasts. If such an event happened these days it would be watered down and filled with upspeak and ad-nauseum repeated information.

PrairieGhost

Does the guest sound better than Dick or is it just me? Braaaps

The Imaging Team is rocking tonight !!! Join Club Nineteen point Five...

WOTR

I am prepared for the rest of the evening.  151 swizzle in hand, and computer fired up...

'We've got a large audience, we're world wide on short-wave station KIYQ.'

Dream on Hoagie

Young Hoagie sounded like a Munchkin but nice to hear him sound normal and expert. He waited until the old radio guy Dick Bertel was off the air to repeat his NASA conspiracy to cover up the mountain of evidence of Martian civilization. I wish he had kept him on through that 'Dick what the hell happened to you? 50 years ago you were this bright young curator of a space museum, it was a pleasure working and knowing you but look at you now you're crazy as a loon.'

TigerLily

Bon soir, mes amis. Les Archéologues! C'est Magnifique!

Damn Hoagie's old. I thought that broadcast was from the 70's, it was July 14, 1965, 52 years ago. I doubt a well known science museum would be hiring anybody really young as curator. If Hoagie was 25-30 range at the time it makes him 77-82 today.  Hoagie's time is short.  :'(

Morgus

I recall both Hoagie and Art Bell are the same age, born in 1945.
So Hoagie was 20 years old in that radio broadcast they played earlier...

Morgus

In picture #4, Hoagie sees an old V8 engine from a 50's automobile?

Quote from: Morgus on July 15, 2017, 11:29:27 PM
I recall both Hoagie and Art Bell are the same age, born in 1945.
So Hoagie was 20 years old in that radio broadcast they played earlier...

I really doubt the Springfield Museum of Science had a 20 year old as its curator. I've posted here before that Hoagie reminds me of an old Hollywood diva, bet he lied about his birth year.

The Other Side of Midnight is "All In" Tonight.!!! the bummer music is spot on...

GravitySucks

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 15, 2017, 11:26:07 PM
Damn Hoagie's old. I thought that broadcast was from the 70's, it was July 14, 1965, 52 years ago. I doubt a well known science museum would be hiring anybody really young as curator. If Hoagie was 25-30 range at the time it makes him 77-82 today.  Hoagie's time is short.  :'(

4/25/1945

trostol

Quote from: AlternativeSide on July 15, 2017, 11:32:58 PM
The Other Side of Midnight is "All In" Tonight.!!! the bummer music is spot on...

wth is bummer music?

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 15, 2017, 11:26:07 PM
He said he was 21 at the time, so 73 now. 
I think the Springfield Science Museum was in fact a Children's Museum.  Hoagie controls the narrative of his history so well, that it's hard to really find out his complete background.  I still don't understand how he made a living for 50 years.

Yeah, he's old, but he's still got the juice.

trostol

Quote from: Morgus on July 15, 2017, 11:32:25 PM
In picture #4, Hoagie sees an old V8 engine from a 50's automobile?

need to go get that and put it in a hot rod

CozyRozie

How many lies Hoagie told tonight and you believed him.. LOL ;)