• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 28, 2016, 02:02:18 AM
I would refer you to the works of Dennis Wheatley.

Wheatley is a good one.  Is that stuff in the public domain yet?

norland2424

trostol

k i cant take this douche any more..good night folks...death to OSOM lol

K_Dubb

Quote from: zeebo on April 28, 2016, 01:59:21 AM
Is this a legit heavy convo or is it just b.s. philosophy?  I can't tell since I had too much whiskey, which usually is no prob for this show.

It has taken more than usual tonight.

trostol

btw...there is something on adult swim at the moment and the guy looks liek a really old haggard Noory lol

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 28, 2016, 02:04:03 AM
Wheatley is a good one.

The Devil Rides Out was a good one.  Kind of like a spy novel crossed with the occult. 

Hollow Man

Try preaching natural law to a lion pride. See where it gets you.  ;D

I guess some of Wheatley's stuff is in the public domain.

Here are some of the titles of his books:
The devil rides out 11 editions - first published in 1950
Come into my parlour 9 editions - first published in 1946
The Satanist 9 editions - first published in 1960
To the Devil - a Daughter To the Devil - a Daughter 8 editions - first published in 1953
They used dark forces

https://openlibrary.org/authors/OL118734A/Dennis_Wheatley

Also some podcast about Wheatley. Haven't listened yet, but its got the promising name of necronomipod
https://archive.org/details/Episode92DennisWheatleysTheDevilRidesOut

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on April 28, 2016, 02:06:32 AM
lol that's just my special style of 'meditation'.
Whew. Thought I was gonna have to go all Pulp Fiction on you and get out the cardiac needle

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on April 28, 2016, 02:09:06 AM
Whew. Thought I was gonna have to go all Pulp Fiction on you and get out the cardiac needle

I just had a flash from Flatliners.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 28, 2016, 02:05:51 AM
The Devil Rides Out was a good one.  Kind of like a spy novel crossed with the occult.

I remember the Duke could remote view U-Boats.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 28, 2016, 02:08:56 AM

To the Devil - a Daughter To the Devil - a Daughter 8 editions - first published in 1953
They used dark forces

Also some podcast about Wheatley. Haven't listened yet, but its got the promising name of necronomipod

Yes,  I so desperately want to read the Satanist.  I guess it is available on kindle but I'd like to get a hardcover of it.  The Devil Rides Out was actually first released in 1934.

TigerLily

Now Hoagie is a Consciousness Satanist Philosopher Extraordinaire. Does the man"s expertise know no limits?

This guest is a dickface snooty fuckbutt. I'm laughing so loud while playing the DoDs.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on April 28, 2016, 02:15:22 AM
Now Hoagie is a Consciousness Satanist Philosopher Extraordinaire. Does the man"s expertise know no limits?

It's all in the data.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 28, 2016, 02:12:37 AM
Yes,  I so desperately want to read the Satanist.  I guess it is available on kindle but I'd like to get a hardcover of it.  The Devil Rides Out was actually first released in 1934.
Devil Rides Out was adapted into my favorite Hammer film. Matheson did a great job. To the Devil, A Daughter is pretty okay.

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on April 28, 2016, 02:11:33 AM
zeeb Did you see a dark tunnel and bright light?

for a moment, but it was just my fridge light, all is ok, i'm having an emergency ham sammich, no pulp fiction-esque interventions necessary

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 28, 2016, 02:12:37 AM
Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 28, 2016, 02:08:56 AM

They used dark forces

You guys are expanding my consciousness. Bookmarked.  Yes. Somehow kindle doesn't seem right. Yellowed pages bound in leather read by candlelight

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on April 28, 2016, 02:16:59 AM
Devil Rides Out was adapted into my favorite Hammer film. Matheson did a great job. To the Devil, A Daughter is pretty okay.

You have excellent taste, my friend.  The book is even better though.  Very fast-paced and thrilling and the debauchery of the satanists comes across even better.  Lee always wanted to remake the movie with Joe Dante.

This guest so far:

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.(√)
Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them. (√)
When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.(assuredly failed)
Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.(√)
Do not harm little children.(LOL PROBABLY)
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.(FOR SURE)
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.(Too much of a pussy)

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 28, 2016, 02:21:23 AM
You have excellent taste, my friend.  The book is even better though.  Very fast-paced and thrilling and the debauchery of the satanists comes across even better.  Lee always wanted to remake the movie with Joe Dante.
I would have killed for that.

Quote from: TigerLily on April 28, 2016, 02:20:34 AM
You guys are expanding my consciousness. Bookmarked.  Yes. Somehow kindle doesn't seem right. Yellowed pages bound in leather read by candlelight

Nothing like it! :) ;)   I always wanted to have one of those massive private libraries that were always in old movies.