• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on September 01, 2016, 05:54:30 PM
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2015/01/08/list-ten-highest-paid-youtube-internet-stars
Thanks. Amazing. And very bizarre. I never understood how watching gaming etc can make money but I know one guy who made big bucks but parlayed into some other stuff also on account of it and even festivals about watching other people play video games here. But didn't realize making youtubes themselves and making that much just from click/views but can since now youtube has so many ads intros. Still though could explain how Alex made his money? Even more than supplements. He must be going apoplectic if 'controversial' youtubes will no longer be monetized.

the_Stranger

Quote from: albrecht on September 01, 2016, 09:22:23 PM
Thanks. Amazing. And very bizarre. I never understood how watching gaming etc can make money but I know one guy who made big bucks but parlayed into some other stuff also on account of it and even festivals about watching other people play video games here. But didn't realize making youtubes themselves and making that much just from click/views but can since now youtube has so many ads intros. Still though could explain how Alex made his money? Even more than supplements. He must be going apoplectic if 'controversial' youtubes will no longer be monetized.
I don't know anything about your entertainment consumption other than being a Bell-head, but I cut the cable cord about 14 years ago and YouTube is a big part of my daily viewing.
Netflix and YouTube have changed the landscape as far as entertainment options go.
There's so much variety on YouTube not just gaming channels.
The cable industry is still clinging to it's viewers, but I saw something about them losing 800,000+ subscribers recently.
A lot of good content creators out there.

albrecht

Quote from: the_Stranger on September 01, 2016, 10:02:22 PM
I don't know anything about your entertainment consumption other than being a Bell-head, but I cut the cable cord about 14 years ago and YouTube is a big part of my daily viewing.
Netflix and YouTube have changed the landscape as far as entertainment options go.
There's so much variety on YouTube not just gaming channels.
The cable industry is still clinging to it's viewers, but I saw something about them losing 800,000+ subscribers recently.
A lot of good content creators out there.
OTA, about $8 on Amazon and you get good old tv and movies and still the local channels when some game or local show is on. And torrents (legal only, of course.) Still have the cable but only due to a bundle and make the internet and international calls cheaper and doesn't go out in storms. Say what you will but I think cellphones have shitty sound quality for talking especially long distance or overseas calls even with calls free or cheap (no, I know, but haven't gotten into all the Skype etc options. Maybe should. Often sounds like in a fishbowl though.) And landline, which is fun during the political season, but don't watch much of what is on tv except as I mentioned or live sports (which there are internet options but often streaming problems, etc at least for me or some site that is not 'legit.). If cable wants to survive it needs to go channel ala carte and reliability. Sell what channel you actually WANT to watch and price base on that. I like youtube for short stuff but they have so many commercials now it is bloating up, still great for old movies, short skits, finding old shows, concert clips, political ranters, finding old Art Bell and radio shows posted, etc. Even on youtube I hardly ever watch on that platform but download the vid or audio stream because slow, commercials, etc. Don't log-on so not sure if simply clicks will give them money or if one needs to subscribe or be a member of youtube to do so? I gave up on Netflix when they had that class-action thing (I was in when it was dvd but then quit.)

Zetaspeak

Dunham is pretty dumb here, what I really don't like is she went right into self-pity thinking about her body type or clothing of choice when Odell didn't engage in her. She literally playing mind-reader without him even saying anything.

Putting two random people at a table at a function and them not clicking can't seem to be that unusual. I am sure it happens all the time with a number of scenarios as to why. For Dunham to think this is a unique experience to her is absurd.

Bad move by Dunham, I know she normally gets criticized for everything she does by some group of people, but this time case it's warranted.

Jackstar

QuoteHe was like, “That’s a marshmallow. That’s a child. That’s a dog.” It wasn’t mean â€" he just seemed confused.

Nothing confuses me more than Lena Dunham's celebrity--oh, wait, Jewish, right?

JesusJuice

Her mistake was trying to publicly shame a black guy. That's why Jezebel and other "feminist" sites came down on her. If she tried to shame a white guy then they would have supported her.

JesusJuice

See I told you that the reason the liberal media turned against Dunham in this instance was because Odell Beckham is black. She's apologized for her racism:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/lena-dunham-apologizes-to-odell-beckham-jr-for-accusing-him-of-silently-judging-her/

QuoteI owe Odell Beckham Jr an apology. Despite my moments of bravado, I struggle at industry events (and in life) with the sense that I don’t rep a certain standard of beauty and so when I show up to the Met Ball surrounded by models and swan-like actresses it’s hard not to feel like a sack of flaming garbage. This felt especially intense with a handsome athlete as my dinner companion and a bunch of women I was sure he’d rather be seated with. But I went ahead and projected these insecurities and made totally narcissistic assumptions about what he was thinking, then presented those assumptions as facts. I feel terrible about it. Because after listening to lots of valid criticism, I see how unfair it is to ascribe misogynistic thoughts to someone I don’t know AT ALL. Like, we have never met, I have no idea the kind of day he’s having or what his truth is. But most importantly, I would never intentionally contribute to a long and often violent history of the over-sexualization of black male bodies- as well as false accusations by white women towards black men. I’m so sorry, particularly to OBJ, who has every right to be on his cell phone. The fact is I don’t know about his state of mind (I don’t know a lot of things) and I shouldn’t have acted like I did. Much love and thanks, Lena

Jackstar

QuoteI’m so sorry, particularly to OBJ, who has every right to be on his cell phone.

Classy; but there can be no apology for that got-damn haircut.

Quote from: JesusJuice on September 03, 2016, 09:31:48 PM
See I told you that the reason the liberal media turned against Dunham in this instance was because Odell Beckham is black. She's apologized for her racism:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/lena-dunham-apologizes-to-odell-beckham-jr-for-accusing-him-of-silently-judging-her/

I made it about halfway through the second sentence before realizing this person is a completely vapid waste with absolutely nothing interesting to say.

Jackstar

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 03, 2016, 11:01:38 PM
about halfway through the second sentence [...] a completely vapid waste with absolutely nothing interesting to say.

How many pages into the Falkie thread are you?

I'm still wondering why a child molester is even given the time of day by the media.

the_Stranger

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 03, 2016, 11:01:38 PM
I made it about halfway through the second sentence before realizing this person is a completely vapid waste with absolutely nothing interesting to say.
The way I feel when reading your posts.  :P

I wouldn`t lump Lena Dunham with Amy Schumer.

Amy has real talent. The other one, not so much.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 06, 2016, 09:34:22 AM
I wouldn`t lump Lena Dunham with Amy Schumer.

Amy has real talent. The other one, not so much.

Personally, I can't stand either one of them but Lena is definitely in a much, much lower class all by her twisted self.

JesusJuice

Speaking of Amy Schumer...

Simon & Schuster paid her $9 million for her book and it's not selling anywhere near as expected. She blames "internet trolls". She cancelled  several promotional appearances because she was so upset by these "internet trolls"

http://pagesix.com/2016/09/04/amy-schumers-book-sales-disappoint-first-weeks-on-shelves/

Amy Schumer’s book, “The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo” â€" despite being No. 1 on the best-seller list for two weeks â€" is a disappointment, sources say.

Although it sold 36,000 hardcover copies in its first week, Simon & Schuster paid $9 million for the funny memoir.

“The publishers are hugely disappointed. They are going to lose a ton of money,” an industry insider told me.

While critics liked the book, Internet trolls flooded Amazon with one-star reviews, which angered Schumer so much that she canceled some promotional appearances.

“How thin-skinned she is to get upset over reviews by haters who probably didn’t even read the book,” the insider said. “For $9 million, she should do whatever [the publishers] ask her.”

“Amy’s book has sold [more than] 170,000 copies across formats in the first two weeks,” a Simon & Schuster spokeswoman told me. “We are beyond thrilled.” The rep also noted that Schumer had to cancel two promotional appearances due to illness.

A source at a rival imprint said, “It’s not a disaster, but it’s not a huge success. Simon & Schuster has a long way to go to recoup their investment.”

As for the rival publishers who underbid for the book? “They are happy they lost the bidding war,” the source said. “They are breathing a sigh of relief that it isn’t theirs.”

Did Amy Schumer become a star and the rest of the world is unaware of it? She's a pretty mediocre comedic actress. I can't think of a single thing she's been in. I just know her from the machine pushing her which means nothing. Are trolls anti-her? She tries to provoke all this but no one really cares.

Jackstar

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 06, 2016, 12:36:54 PM
I can't think of a single thing she's been in. I just know her from the machine pushing her which means nothing.

Her sketch comedy show is legitimately funny. Her elevation to political commentator is not.

(Well, actually, it is pretty funny. This is the "A Game" for The Establishment? Fuck them, in the goat ass, twice.)