• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Grover Norquist

Started by yumyumtree, March 26, 2015, 03:07:29 PM

yumyumtree

Regardless of how you feel about Glenn Beck, I think these allegations about Norquist should concern everybody, especially in view of the Bergdahl affair and some of the other things going on lately.

I thought it was interesting that Jack Abramoff came up.  Abramoff had some ties too people here in the Puget Sound area.

136 or 142

For the vast majority of us here who have the good sense to ignore Ben Gleck, could you please inform us as the what you are referring to.

VtaGeezer

If BecKKK is after Norquist, perhaps he has some redeeming qualities after all.

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 26, 2015, 03:07:29 PM
Regardless of how you feel about Glenn Beck, I think these allegations about Norquist should concern everybody, especially in view of the Bergdahl affair and some of the other things going on lately.

I thought it was interesting that Jack Abramoff came up.  Abramoff had some ties too people here in the Puget Sound area.
What is this in regards too? The Islamic stuff primarily?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 26, 2015, 03:07:29 PM
Abramoff had some ties too people here in the Puget Sound area.
We used to call the Norwegians from Ballard "Blue-eyed Arabs", but they were Lutherans.  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 26, 2015, 05:02:55 PM
We used to call the Norwegians from Ballard "Blue-eyed Arabs", but they were Lutherans.  ;D
We should serve lutefisk at GITMO. But then Amnesty International would come after us. So, alas, we have to eat it ourselves.  ;)

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on March 26, 2015, 05:18:05 PM
We should serve lutefisk at GITMO. But then Amnesty International would come after us. So, alas, we have to eat it ourselves.  ;)

The U.S should shut down GITMO and give it back to Cuba.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on March 26, 2015, 05:32:50 PM
The U.S should shut down GITMO and give it back to Cuba.
Nah, we have a long-term lease agreement with very good terms. And they won't even cash our checks we send per the agreement for it anymore! Why give that up? Build some resorts or something at least!

yumyumtree

The people here with ties to Abramoff here were Rabbi Daniel Lapin(now relocated to the SF Bay area, I guess) and Michael Medved, who is now seriously ill, so I'm not going to kick him further while he's down. I think Lapin lived on Mercer Island when he lived here.

Basically it turns out that Grover Norquist has a lot of ties to front groups for the Muslim Brotherhood. I know that Beck can be a nut at times, but he's also right about some things, and I have a feeling he's right about this one.

Ballard may not be the Ballard you remember.  I don't go down there much anymore but it's pretty much gone condo.  Even that little house of the little old lady who woudn't sell out when Trader Joe's and them went in there has been discreetly torn down now that she's died.  I don't know if you can actually discreetly tear down a house, but you know...

VtaGeezer

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 27, 2015, 04:27:54 PM
Ballard may not be the Ballard you remember.  I don't go down there much anymore but it's pretty much gone condo.  Even that little house of the little old lady who woudn't sell out when Trader Joe's and them went in there has been discreetly torn down now that she's died.  I don't know if you can actually discreetly tear down a house, but you know...
I spent a lot of time there doing business with the Ballard fishing fleet in the 70s. No doubt its been gentrified. Do they still teach Norwegian at Ballard HS?

yumyumtree

That's a good question.  I'll try to find out.  They do have observances for Norwegian Indpendence Day.

Quick Karl

The only good thing about Seattle (suicide capital of the US) was Ivars - and the only good thing about Ballard was a really good ship model store on NW market Street near 24Ave NW

Now I know why you guys have such shit attitudes -- most fucked up place I ever lived.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Quick Karl on March 28, 2015, 09:31:37 PM
The only good thing about Seattle (suicide capital of the US) was Ivars
You've forgotten Ivar's advise..."Keep clam"