• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Nebraska888

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 29, 2013, 12:33:32 AM
It's a good sign Knapp tweeted. He'll be back, and Shrader isn't half bad. He's 100% better than John B Unwell

Hey, Unscreened, thanks soooo much for this post!  YEP,  Schrader is good.....I am listening right now......he knows what Coast fans are interested in!  What a relief to have a "vacation" from the doom and gloom and BORING John B. Wells!   Love it!

Again, I really appreciate your post!  So happy to know that Knapp will be returning!   :)

Nebraska888

Quote from: polarissucks01 on December 29, 2013, 12:08:54 AM
Shit, schrader just announced he's filling in for Knapp tomorrow. Oh well at least he is filling in for Wells tonight. I guess we wont have a doom and gloom we are about to die from fukashima or government is going to kill us tomorrow show.

AMEN, BROTHER!   ;)

Nebraska888

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 28, 2013, 10:41:59 PM
George Knapp is on the road to recovery. He just tweeted "More cowbell".

Yep, more cowbell is the answer to everything.  8)

I hope he's on the mend, but imagine how cool it would be if those were someone's last words?  When I finally shake off this mortal coil and join the choir invisible,  I swear I'm going to try to make 'More cowbell' my last words. That'll give 'em something to chew over.

Ha!   :)

Nebraska888

I just can't quit posting how HAPPY I am that Knapp will be back.....on the mend.....feeling better....or whatever took him away from COAST!  Boy, did I miss him!   :)

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 29, 2013, 12:36:10 AM
Hey, Unscreened, thanks soooo much for this post!  YEP,  Schrader is good.....I am listening right now......he knows what Coast fans are interested in!  What a relief to have a "vacation" from the doom and gloom and BORING John B. Wells!   Love it!

Again, I really appreciate your post!  So happy to know that Knapp will be returning!   :)

When I saw Knapp's tweet I did a mental happy dance. He must be on the mend and has his sense of humor intact. Dave S said he's filling in, so I think we'll see Knapp back as soon as he's able. You can't keep a veteran newsman down for long.  ;D

Nebraska888

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 29, 2013, 12:40:50 AM
When I saw Knapp's tweet I did a mental happy dance. He must be on the mend and has his sense of humor intact. Dave S said he's filling in, so I think we'll see Knapp back as soon as he's able. You can't keep a veteran newsman down for long.  ;D

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!   :)

Scully

So happy to hear that George Knapp is still alive and breathing somewhere.  Would love to know what the situation is, though.  He is certainly missed, but the good news is that Dave Schrader is filling in for him.  Just think, it could so easily be JBW or Simple George.

Twitter People, please keep us posted. :)

ItsOver

Quote from: c337pilot on December 28, 2013, 10:44:42 PM
Where does Mr Knapp gets his cowbells? Does he buy them from the Greys?? We all know the greys do some "exams" on the cows.

Well, there is a "Communion" connection.   ;)

Good to hear about Knapp.   He must just have "a fever."  :)

cweb

Quote from: ItsOver on December 29, 2013, 09:59:24 AM

Good to hear about Knapp.   He must just have "a fever."  :)

Gotta love his fun, classy way to let us know he's on the mend. Great news!  :)

Morgus

George Knapp's recent tweet seems "mysterious & reassuring" ;)

Nebraska888

Quote from: Morgus on December 29, 2013, 03:34:07 PM
George Knapp's recent tweet seems "mysterious & reassuring" ;)

I agree.

WOTR

Quote from: alger on December 28, 2013, 02:16:34 PM
Maybe us Art Bell listeners from the nineties are getting old?  I suspect we're more likely getting bored.  The show content is the same, with nothing new except there is an idiot as the host now.  Luckily for him there is no shortage of idiots in the listening audience.
Yes, I am getting older, but I have to disagree that the content is the same.  I know that Art was not big on swearing (still not allowing it on Serius), but I cannot imagine him having Emily Post on the show to scold the "children" who listen and deride them for their foul language.

Perhaps it was "mr. Nice guys'" (or Pemrats) way of making fun of Art not allowing cursing on Dark Matter?  Who knows what goes on in the twisted mind of corporate toadies.

You see, I will agree that SOME of the content has not changed.  I will still listen to Knapp, even when he is presenting a show on the history of rock or wild horses.  For the most part, it is not the content that has caused me to turn Coast off, but rather the presentation (Noory, Wells, Miss Manners etc.)

Nebraska888

Quote from: wotr1 on December 29, 2013, 05:06:27 PM
Yes, I am getting older, but I have to disagree that the content is the same.  I know that Art was not big on swearing (still not allowing it on Serius), but I cannot imagine him having Emily Post on the show to scold the "children" who listen and deride them for their foul language.

Perhaps it was "mr. Nice guys'" (or Pemrats) way of making fun of Art not allowing cursing on Dark Matter?  Who knows what goes on in the twisted mind of corporate toadies.

You see, I will agree that SOME of the content has not changed.  I will still listen to Knapp, even when he is presenting a show on the history of rock or wild horses.  For the most part, it is not the content that has caused me to turn Coast off, but rather the presentation (Noory, Wells, Miss Manners etc.)

I couldn't have said it any better.   ;)

coaster

I don't see how people can come to the conclusion that Knapp is ok because he posted an SNL quote. Perhaps its dire and hes just being strong. I hope hes ok, but getting hopes up is a futile and pointless thing to do imo.

Coaster, maybe Knapp really is feeling better and wanted to tweet something funny. People have been tweeting him for two weeks, asking how he is. Wells spoke about a kidney stone which makes a whole lot of sense, considering the time elapsed and that they come on suddenly and are debilitating until they're taken care of. I'm taking it as a good sign and keeping a good thought for him until I hear differently.

coaster

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 29, 2013, 08:10:56 PM
Coaster, maybe Knapp really is feeling better and wanted to tweet something funny. People have been tweeting him for two weeks, asking how he is. Wells spoke about a kidney stone which makes a whole lot of sense, considering the time elapsed and that they come on suddenly and are debilitating until they're taken care of. I'm taking it as a good sign and keeping a good thought for him until I hear differently.
I didnt know. I do remember checking his twitter and doing google searches  when I first heard he was ill. I'm glad hes ok. And I whole-hardheartedly wish he could take over for Noory.

I was under the assumption that George's tweet was in response to  SIT playing BOC's Don't Fear The Reaper Saturday night.  GK is a fan.

mombird3

On Knapp, I am glad he is doing fine. I hope he returns to Coast soon. I cannot take much of Dave as a fill in. Not anything as good as Knapp.

No Name Storm

Quote from: mombird3 on December 29, 2013, 11:08:57 PM
On Knapp, I am glad he is doing fine. I hope he returns to Coast soon. I cannot take much of Dave as a fill in. Not anything as good as Knapp.
No, not as good as Knapp, but sooo much better than the Snooron and Frankenstein's Son.

George Knapp, get well soon. Snooron and Frankie's son, just stay away.

Nebraska888

Quote from: No Name Storm on December 29, 2013, 11:38:27 PM
No, not as good as Knapp, but sooo much better than the Snooron and Frankenstein's Son.

George Knapp, get well soon. Snooron and Frankie's son, just stay away.

Agreed!    ;)

I love Knappie and don't want him to go anywhere, but far as I'm concerned, Schrader can slide into the Frankenhipster's seat anytime.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 30, 2013, 01:14:57 AM
I love Knappie and don't want him to go anywhere, but far as I'm concerned, Schrader can slide into the Frankenhipster's seat anytime.

Yep!

BobGrau

Quote from: BobGrau on December 21, 2013, 12:14:04 AM
SLAMMING into your frown, into your gnome...

Been meaning to expand this for a while now:

Nude evening everyone,
you're on the right face at the right rhyme
this is coast to coast ahem
blasting out the dessert, like in morocco
phasing across the band
into your frown, into Your Mom
spamming into your rodeo like a stuporcharged partycle of... plumbbobcranium.

I can't remember the bit about las vegas and I don't want to piss off any more gangsters, so thassit.

b_dubb

Quote from: BobGrau on January 02, 2014, 12:57:39 PM

Nude evening everyone,
phasing across the band

I can't remember the bit about las vegas and I don't want to piss off any more gangsters, so thassit.
epic

George Knapp is back to his old self, posting regularly on FB and Twitter. He still has not responded to questions about what had him under the weather, though.

b_dubb

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 03, 2014, 12:10:22 PM
George Knapp is back to his old self, posting regularly on FB and Twitter. He still has not responded to questions about what had him under the weather, though.
I'm sure he'll address that when he comes back to host C2C

ItsOver

Nude evening everyone,
phasing across the band

Sounds like a Noory-type intro.  From his raft on the Pacific.

Morgus

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 03, 2014, 12:10:22 PM
I hope that means he will be back to hosting Sunday c2c again in a couple weeks?

BobGrau

Nude evening everyone,

Damn, this could've been 'mood weaving, everyone'

...my job leaves me a lot of time for thinking.

Quote from: BobGrau on January 03, 2014, 05:30:45 PM
Damn, this could've been 'mood weaving, everyone'

...my job leaves me a lot of time for thinking.

I like 'nude evening' better. The imagination runs wild. And then it hits the brick wall of George Noory. Bummer.