• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Republicans...there they go again...

Started by VtaGeezer, December 11, 2014, 09:55:11 AM

VtaGeezer

Now we see why the Republicans delayed their massive spending bill until the 11th hour (govt is out of cash at midnight).  It not only raises the limit on individual contributions to political parties tenfold to $320K, it removes post-crash ban on banks gambling with derivatives and swaps with the FDIC backstopping them. Plus lots of Easter eggs for the rich.  This time they still need some Dem votes and Liz Warren blew the whistle and is trying to get Ried to show some last-minute backbone.

In January, the floodgates will open when the pirates' lackies are back in control.  They'll rile up the base with empty bullshit about the border and Bengazi while they once again help their cut-throat patrons board & loot the American treasure ship in darkness.

Quick Karl

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 11, 2014, 09:55:11 AM
Now we see why the Republicans delayed their massive spending bill until the 11th hour (govt is out of cash at midnight).  It not only raises the limit on individual contributions to political parties tenfold to $320K, it removes post-crash ban on banks gambling with derivatives and swaps with the FDIC backstopping them. Plus lots of Easter eggs for the rich.  This time they still need some Dem votes and Liz Warren blew the whistle and is trying to get Ried to show some last-minute backbone.

In January, the floodgates will open when the pirates' lackies are back in control.  They'll rile up the base with empty bullshit about the border and Bengazi while they once again help their cut-throat patrons board & loot the American treasure ship in darkness.

I agree - I think we should maintain the status quo shit economy where only a handful of Obama's Wall Street cronies and GE are doing well...

Sometimes I wonder if you're not really retarded, or just seething with so much hate that you need someone to blame it on.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Quick Karl on December 11, 2014, 10:17:19 AM
I agree - I think we should maintain the status quo shit economy where only a handful of Obama's Wall Street cronies and GE are doing well...

Sometimes I wonder if you're not really retarded, or just seething with so much hate that you need someone to blame it on.
Even if I was retarded, I could do nothing about it.  What's your excuse?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on December 11, 2014, 10:17:19 AM

God, I can't help but wonder why you not only condone but cheer the malfeasance of conservative politicians!  Enough money slushing up our electoral process!  no more breaks for the hedge funds and investment banks! No more gimmes for the already well-to-do!

This is what's wrong with our country; those that have preach "the American Dream" but push the ladder away for everyone else after they've climbed it.

Gd5150

Just what we need, more money in politics. Because the billion that was spent electing Obama wasn't enough. What a joke. Until there are serious term limits preventing people from being career politicians nothing will change. In order for the middle class to thrive, the middle class has to call the shots in govt.

Quick Karl

Quote from: NowhereInTime on December 11, 2014, 10:50:22 AM
God, I can't help but wonder why you not only condone but cheer the malfeasance of conservative politicians!  Enough money slushing up our electoral process!  no more breaks for the hedge funds and investment banks! No more gimmes for the already well-to-do!

This is what's wrong with our country; those that have preach "the American Dream" but push the ladder away for everyone else after they've climbed it.

I agree with you. What I disagree with is your assertion that "your team" is one iota more honest than the team you hate.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 11, 2014, 01:45:11 PM
Just what we need, more money in politics. Because the billion that was spent electing Obama wasn't enough. What a joke. Until there are serious term limits preventing people from being career politicians nothing will change. In order for the middle class to thrive, the middle class has to call the shots in govt.

What did your glorious leaders do to "clean up politics" when they had all three branches of government in their pocket?

Answer: not a fucking thing.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on December 11, 2014, 01:59:47 PM
I agree with you. What I disagree with is your assertion that "your team" is one iota more honest than the team you hate.
My real team or the Demo-hypo-crats?  Progressives are all in but the money machine in the party wants to regurgitate some sweet, sweet Hillary all over you.  I'll pass, thanks.
I find progressives to be honest, sometimes to much so (we don't always need to feel guilty about everything all the time), but the Dems in general?  Not so much.

The General

It's all political theater. 
There's only one party, and the Government could never run out of cash. 
They print the fucking stuff. 

... In January, the floodgates will open when the pirates' lackies are back in control...

Not to defend any of this - I don't - but you do realize the Democrats still control the Senate and Harry Reid could have refused to schedule a vote on this bill, the Senate D's could have refused to vote for this bill, Barack Obama is for this bill - and he will still have the option of vetoing anything the R's pass during the next 2 years.  You know all this, right?

Juan

People who still believe there are two political parties amuse me.  It's somewhat like believing in Ed Dames' predictions.

b_dubb

Quote from: The General on December 11, 2014, 04:00:33 PM
Truth. Much truth.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 12, 2014, 04:16:58 AM
Not to defend any of this - I don't - but you do realize the Democrats still control the Senate and Harry Reid could have refused to schedule a vote on this bill, the Senate D's could have refused to vote for this bill, Barack Obama is for this bill - and he will still have the option of vetoing anything the R's pass during the next 2 years.  You know all this, right?
I don't care that Obama is willing to sign it.  Obama is only looking at getting an appropriations bill to preclude the bi-annual Tea Party shut-down fest. The level of in-your-face cynicism in this bill, that allows banks to go back to pre-09 larceny ANDlifts of the contribution ceiling so the banks express their thanks appropriately is historic and should insult any who are paying attention.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Juan on December 12, 2014, 05:48:10 AM
People who still believe there are two political parties amuse me.  It's somewhat like believing in Ed Dames' predictions.

So you believe there's no difference between Warren and Cruz.  Or Schumer and Lee?
I most often hear that "They all the same" stuff from people who are proud that they never vote.

albrecht

Quote from: The General on December 11, 2014, 04:00:33 PM
Pretty much true. But the problem isn't the availability or amount of cash, but what it can buy you and if it holds any value over time. Luckily, for now, other countries are in similar, or worse, situations so the dollar still is holding up.

paladin1991

Time for a change?
I give you the three boxes that lead to change:
The Soapbox.
The Ballot box.
The Cartridge box.

If one fails, it will lead to the next.   There will be change.  It's how this country was born.  The question is, what will we get with the next change?

Juan

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 12, 2014, 11:12:47 AM

So you believe there's no difference between Warren and Cruz.  Or Schumer and Lee?

I don't believe these people are parties.

Ruteger

The Dems are laughing - Hek, they lost control of Congress for a measly 2 years, but they got all they wanted. Amnesty and ObamaCare still survive. They know that the GOP will fail to repeal ObamCare and Amnesty. They know the Conservative base of the GOP (including myself) will stay home in 2016, because of the GOP betrayal and Dems will regain the Congress and the White House in 2016.

I will see this country burn to the ground before I vote for another (R) (Bush).

albrecht

Quote from: Ruteger on December 14, 2014, 08:22:04 PM
The Dems are laughing - Hek, they lost control of Congress for a measly 2 years, but they got all they wanted. Amnesty and ObamaCare still survive. They know that the GOP will fail to repeal ObamCare and Amnesty. They know the Conservative base of the GOP (including myself) will stay home in 2016, because of the GOP betrayal and Dems will regain the Congress and the White House in 2016.

I will see this country burn to the ground before I vote for another (R) (Bush).
They even funded the meddling by Michelle Obama in our children's lunches. And they will now have to "own" whatever happens, or doesn't it, in Congress for the two years before the next Presidential election which will help the Democrats. Most of them are sell-outs and self-defeatists. You note when Democrats hold Congress, or get the Presidency, they don't negotiate or cave-in to the demands of the minority Republicans. They assert their leftist and weird agenda without batting an eye.

DanTSX

Quote from: Quick Karl on December 11, 2014, 02:01:11 PM
What did your glorious leaders do to "clean up politics" when they had all three branches of government in their pocket?

Answer: not a fucking thing.

Coordinated Harassment of non-profit groups via the IRS for starters.....

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 12, 2014, 11:36:17 AM
Time for a change?
I give you the three boxes that lead to change:
The Soapbox.
The Ballot box.
The Cartridge box.

If one fails, it will lead to the next.   There will be change.  It's how this country was born.  The question is, what will we get with the next change?

fewer boxes....  8)

Zoo

Two party system is a joke and if people do not see this then may the end come soon!!1

Ruteger

Exactly. The only recourse left at this point is the 2nd Amendment. The GENIUS (or Providence) of the Founding Fathers is that they had the foreknowledge to write this provision into our Constitution when all other methods fail! Will we use it? At this point I think not. Bread and circuses. Hek, we got the NFL and Pizza (paid for by food stamps) on Sunday - what more do we need?

Quote from: albrecht on December 14, 2014, 08:42:13 PM
They even funded the meddling by Michelle Obama in our children's lunches. And they will now have to "own" whatever happens, or doesn't it, in Congress for the two years before the next Presidential election which will help the Democrats. Most of them are sell-outs and self-defeatists. You note when Democrats hold Congress, or get the Presidency, they don't negotiate or cave-in to the demands of the minority Republicans. They assert their leftist and weird agenda without batting an eye.

Quote from: Ruteger on December 16, 2014, 09:19:06 PM
... what more do we need?

Kardashians?

And by the way, I've heard nothing about Paris Hilton in months

albrecht

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 16, 2014, 09:25:01 PM
Kardashians?

And by the way, I've heard nothing about Paris Hilton in months
Except a plane with tons of heroin and cash was intercepted at the Hilton family compound in Costa Rica, apparently, according to a recent guest on Dark Weekend (Dark City)
http://www.madcowprod.com/2014/09/02/400-kilo-drug-bust-at-paris-hiltons-ranch-in-costa-rica/

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: NowhereInTime on December 12, 2014, 04:35:33 PM
Ah, the Great Semanticist strikes again!

The Smiths - Bigmouth strikes again

Actually, I sort of agree with Juan, but I'd choose different semantics. I think they're parties, but I don't think they are ideologies. I don't think the Republicans are Conservatives and I don't think the Democrats are Progressives. I think both parties, by and large, are simply made up of bullshit artists like Reid and Boehner and function as separate political parties less and less each election cycle.

Oddly, that may guarantee their survival. Conservatism and Progressivism are going obsolete as far as ideologies go. In 20 years they will have no relevance, the world is changing very fundamentally very rapidly and they're not prepared for it. So I guess if a party can detach itself from ideology then it can adapt to new political conditions as they arise. 

DanTSX

Quote from: Ruteger on December 16, 2014, 09:19:06 PM
Exactly. The only recourse left at this point is the 2nd Amendment. The GENIUS (or Providence) of the Founding Fathers is that they had the foreknowledge to write this provision into our Constitution when all other methods fail! Will we use it? At this point I think not. Bread and circuses. Hek, we got the NFL and Pizza (paid for by food stamps) on Sunday - what more do we need?

Only applies if the 2A is attempted to be forcibly violated.