• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Where did Jackstar go?

Started by paladin1991, June 09, 2014, 10:05:35 AM

bigchucka

Quote from: Seraphim27 on June 15, 2014, 01:28:39 AM
His ex logged on and there was a smackdown? Damn, I take a break from this place for a couple of weeks and I miss everything. I would've loved to see that.

Things That Annoy You... page 243.  Talk about ways to lose your buzz quickly....

bigchucka

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 15, 2014, 12:09:05 AM
You know.  Now I'm curious.  I'm going to go track down this mysterious Pittsburgh forum to see if he has checked in there. 
That could be an alternate site to for us to rendezvous if the .gov ever comes after BellGab or we go into another mysterious 'maintenance' mode. (Had to insert a conspiracy into the thread.)

That would probably give that guy in Pittsburgh fits.

UFOship live chat?  I got bored and checked that when the maintenance happened.  But at the time, I was the only one who had thought of that....

Quote from: area51drone on June 15, 2014, 01:00:51 AM

Johnny Cash Hurt

Should have seen my mom's face when I let her know that was a cover from my kind of music...  she also liked Kid Rock's "Picture"...

onan

His ex logged on and there was a smackdown? Damn, I take a break from this place for a couple of weeks and I miss everything. I would've loved to see that.

I thought Jackstar was cool for a while, but then he got dark. I just figured he was going through something and would shake it off eventually. Well hell, I wish him well.

Shoot, I'm one of those annoying people who sometimes posts a flurry of stuff at once. When it happens, just chalk it up to insomnia, boredom or a battle with a bout of despair. I'll put it on my "Try Not To Do This Sh*t Anymore" list.  :-X

There is nothing similar to you and Jackstar. You always have a sense that others have feelings. It is one of the most attractive things about your posts.

b_dubb

Quote from: bigchucka on June 15, 2014, 02:44:42 AM
Should have seen my mom's face when I let her know that was a cover from my kind of music...  she also liked Kid Rock's "Picture"...
http://www.theonion.com/articles/study-links-drinking-while-pregnant-to-being-at-ki,36196/

bigchucka

Quote from: onan on June 15, 2014, 05:00:43 AM
There is nothing similar to you and Jackstar. You always have a sense that others have feelings. It is one of the most attractive things about your posts.

Ummm... he had a sense that others had feelings as well, and that's what he was counting on.  Getting others pissed off was part of his intentions.  I'm smart enough to realize that....

Shoot, I'm one of those annoying people who sometimes posts a flurry of stuff at once. When it happens, just chalk it up to insomnia, boredom or a battle with a bout of despair. I'll put it on my "Try Not To Do This Sh*t Anymore" list.  :-X

I'm pretty sure that's not what got him in trouble.  If I feel like posting, I'll post.  If I feel like responding, I respond.  I try to be going for a joke or advancing the process of knowledge along with my posts.  Posting pointless things or insults all the time... that's just going to get someone ID'ed as a potential "Goatse Award" winner...

onan

Quote from: bigchucka on June 15, 2014, 05:17:10 AM
Ummm... he had a sense that others had feelings as well, and that's what he was counting on.  Getting others pissed off was part of his intentions.  I'm smart enough to realize that....

unaware or uncaring... not really worth debating. If he is aware then he is sociopathic, if he is unaware then more narcissistic... both significant personality disorders.

I am glad he is gone... finally I can dance with Numfar.

bigchucka

Quote from: onan on June 15, 2014, 08:07:05 AM
unaware or uncaring... not really worth debating. If he is aware then he is sociopathic, if he is unaware then more narcissistic... both significant personality disorders.

I am glad he is gone... finally I can dance with Numfar.

While I got ya here... any studies ever been done on...

Quote from: bigchucka on June 15, 2014, 02:25:18 AM
I've always wondered if high intelligence has ever been linked to a increase of probability of extreme personality disorders.  I do know that people that have that growing up sometimes experience shit socially as a bad side effect.  Growing up, being told you're the smartest one in the class... eventually you start believing that.

The only way I can explain it is it seems like your brain runs faster than everyone else's... and works in completely different ways than average people...

This is the longest damn post-mortem ever.

onan

Quote from: bigchucka on June 15, 2014, 08:15:28 AM
While I got ya here... any studies ever been done on...

I was intrigued with your post and made a note to do some reading. Higher intelligence does open more possibilities and configurations of interactions. And intelligence doesn't always mean a better understanding of consequences to behavior.

There are no hard and fast rules that always apply. Telling someone they are exceptional repeatedly probably won't have negative effects unless there are other influences as well. If I were to praise someone for a specfic behavior, it will generally elicit more of that behavior. If at the same time a negative reinforcement is presented to a peer... that could lead to negative outcomes. Yet, in the normal world most of us get a balance of good and bad consequences and most of us don't turn to the dark side.

Where a great deal of negative behavior comes from starts in early infancy with neglect and little emotional interaction. Even though many that experience that environment still tend to thrive in early social life, when they hit puberty they tend to develope personality disorders such as jackstar presented. The diagnosis is called reactive attachment disorder.

bigchucka

Quote from: onan on June 15, 2014, 08:30:25 AM
I was intrigued with your post and made a note to do some reading. Higher intelligence does open more possibilities and configurations of interactions. And intelligence doesn't always mean a better understanding of consequences to behavior.

There are no hard and fast rules that always apply. Telling someone they are exceptional repeatedly probably won't have negative effects unless there are other influences as well. If I were to praise someone for a specfic behavior, it will generally elicit more of that behavior. If at the same time a negative reinforcement is presented to a peer... that could lead to negative outcomes. Yet, in the normal world most of us get a balance of good and bad consequences and most of us don't turn to the dark side.

Where a great deal of negative behavior comes from starts in early infancy with neglect and little emotional interaction. Even though many that experience that environment still tend to thrive in early social life, when they hit puberty they tend to develope personality disorders such as jackstar presented. The diagnosis is called reactive attachment disorder.

First point... read a book once on either EI or EQ... can't remember which it was.  Was talking about how people react and handle themselves in social situations... completely different standard than when measuring IQ.

When someone grows up being told they are the smartest in the class... you tend to believe eventually that you're the smartest in the room.  Picture going through life thinking that all the time... see where that could cause personality issues?  And even though someone hasn't turned to the "dark side" doesn't mean they have issues going on.  I've suspected for quite a long time that I have issues, but unless you are threatening to hurt yourselves or others or desperately need medication for what's going on... if you don't have high dollar insurance, good luck getting help.

BTW, as a qualifier... I'm not referring to people that think they're smart.  I'm talking about ones that have the paperwork laying around someplace that proves it.  Declared "gifted" when in school and put in special classes (and even then you have a pretty good idea you're in the top of these groups)... 99th percentile scores on tests... etc.  I mean, there's people out there that even blow me away (National Merit Scholar Commended, but didn't get a scholarship)...  but still, paperwork definitely says I'm smarter than the average bear.

And none of this was because I had parents that rode my ass and made me study for hours on end.  Just raw natural ability.

What could have also caused issues was... didn't have abusive parent or anything like that.  Grew up overweight, lower-end income wise, and smart.  Imagine those three put together...

McPhallus

Quote from: bigchucka on June 15, 2014, 05:17:10 AM

What I found interesting were his vigorous "calling out" of grammar/spelling errors, yet when I and a couple of other posters pointed out his own, he would either change the subject or state that he didn't care.  Weird thing to fixate on for a guy who's 40.  He definitely enjoyed getting people riled up. 

bigchucka

Quote from: McPhallus on June 15, 2014, 09:26:07 AM
What I found interesting were his vigorous "calling out" of grammar/spelling errors, yet when I and a couple of other posters pointed out his own, he would either change the subject or state that he didn't care.  Weird thing to fixate on for a guy who's 40.  He definitely enjoyed getting people riled up.

Just noticed one of those.  Thanks.

11angeleyes11

Maybe he went to the Coast Facebook page?

Or, he was cremated and is now in an urn on top of Falkie's  poster board wall?

bigchucka

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on June 15, 2014, 10:13:58 AM
Maybe he went to the Coast Facebook page?

Or, he was cremated and is now in an urn on top of Falkie's  poster board wall?

I doubt that.  He deleted his Facebook after his ex tipped people off on its existence.  Then again, I heard Mark Zuckerberg takes rejection badly...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bigchucka on June 15, 2014, 10:30:32 AM
I doubt that.  He deleted his Facebook after his ex tipped people off on its existence.  Then again, I heard Mark Zuckerberg takes rejection badly...

He usually starts forgiving the transgression after the boys have been sent around to the unthinking wretch who had the misguided belief they could escape without sanction. I heard he sends a 'get well soon' card to the intensive care ward the traitor resides and eats through a straw in for the next few weeks.

bigchucka

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 15, 2014, 10:44:44 AM
He usually starts forgiving the transgression after the boys have been sent around to the unthinking wretch who had the misguided belief they could escape without sanction. I heard he sends a 'get well soon' card to the intensive care ward the traitor resides and eats through a straw in for the next few weeks.

So... that x-ray pic (Thanks, Google!)... is that supposed to be what happened after his boys got done with him?

Quite ironic. I would imagine there's a few people here that would think that he needed to have his fucking head examined...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bigchucka on June 15, 2014, 10:49:33 AM
So... that x-ray pic (Thanks, Google!)... is that supposed to be what happened after his boys got done with him?

Quite ironic. I would imagine there's a few people here that would think that he needed to have his fucking head examined...

I asked him two questions (I've asked of others too) "Are you on prescription drugs?"...and "Should you be?".

area51drone

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 15, 2014, 08:18:04 AM

Probably because here was a guy who got booted not because he did anything wrong, per se, just because just enough people griped about him.  Jackstar contacted me and shared some private emails between him an MV.  He said I could post them, which, although I don't think MV would be embarrassed about what was said, I'm not going to do.   They essentially said what MV already said in this thread.

My first interactions with Jackstar, - I thought he was a dick, but I soon learned that's just him - he ribs everyone.  None of it is serious.  Some of you took the comments he made as insults, which I don't believe they were.  It's sad to me that people can bitch and complain and MV will kick them off simply because *some* people want them off the board.   I understand MV wants to make money and I respect his right to make this decision, but I do not agree that Jackstar was a threat to his income.    Clearly with the size of this thread, Jackstar had an effect on the forum, and it wasn't all bad.   He actually added to the conversation, even when his answers were cryptic. 

FallenSeraph

Quote from: bigchucka on June 15, 2014, 09:01:04 AM
First point... read a book once on either EI or EQ... can't remember which it was.  Was talking about how people react and handle themselves in social situations... completely different standard than when measuring IQ.

When someone grows up being told they are the smartest in the class... you tend to believe eventually that you're the smartest in the room.  Picture going through life thinking that all the time... see where that could cause personality issues?  And even though someone hasn't turned to the "dark side" doesn't mean they have issues going on.  I've suspected for quite a long time that I have issues, but unless you are threatening to hurt yourselves or others or desperately need medication for what's going on... if you don't have high dollar insurance, good luck getting help.

BTW, as a qualifier... I'm not referring to people that think they're smart.  I'm talking about ones that have the paperwork laying around someplace that proves it.  Declared "gifted" when in school and put in special classes (and even then you have a pretty good idea you're in the top of these groups)... 99th percentile scores on tests... etc.  I mean, there's people out there that even blow me away (National Merit Scholar Commended, but didn't get a scholarship)...  but still, paperwork definitely says I'm smarter than the average bear.

I have a freakishly high IQ and grew up in those gifted classes and I have an equally freakishly low EQ or EI or whatever you'd like to call it, which is probably why I hole up in my house a lot and feel more comfortable in forums devoted to one man sucking royally than I do in public.  ;)

I have had HR head honchos tell me to my face what a detriment my lack of EQ is to my success in a corporate environment. So many of them have handed me that damn book and urged me to read it. Good times all around. If I had a choice, I would rather be a charming idiot than a smart social outcast.

In other news, some guy asked me to post this link here. I am assuming the people who are meant to get the joke will get it. As for me, I'm now bowing out of this, yes, longest damn post-mortem ever. RIP Jackstar. I had fun talking about Phenibut and other mind-altering supplements with you, back in the day before you got dark.  :P  8)

https://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/parenting/tanishq-abraham-taji-ten-year-old-graduates-high-school-mensa-tiara-165854664.html

bateman

Quote from: bigchucka on June 15, 2014, 02:31:04 AM
Things That Annoy You... page 243.  Talk about ways to lose your buzz quickly....

Holy shit, how did I miss this?  :o

qaddisin

Quote from: area51drone on June 15, 2014, 11:15:50 AM
Probably because here was a guy who got booted not because he did anything wrong, per se, just because just enough people griped about him.  Jackstar contacted me and shared some private emails between him an MV.  He said I could post them, which, although I don't think MV would be embarrassed about what was said, I'm not going to do.   They essentially said what MV already said in this thread.

My first interactions with Jackstar, - I thought he was a dick, but I soon learned that's just him - he ribs everyone.  None of it is serious.  Some of you took the comments he made as insults, which I don't believe they were.  It's sad to me that people can bitch and complain and MV will kick them off simply because *some* people want them off the board.   I understand MV wants to make money and I respect his right to make this decision, but I do not agree that Jackstar was a threat to his income.    Clearly with the size of this thread, Jackstar had an effect on the forum, and it wasn't all bad.   He actually added to the conversation, even when his answers were cryptic.

I usually lurk, posting only when I feel strongly enough to want to type something out. I found myself lurking less and less as Jackstar posted more and more. I never bitched or complained to MV or anyone else, I just decided that I didn't want to visit the forum very much because of him.

You could be right in that he didn't mean to be insulting, I never had a desire to contact him to find out otherwise, but his peculiar brand of condescension, snark, and mysterious references certainly turned me off into wanting to engage him any further, much less stop by the forum and see what was going on. (Yes, I know the ignore feature exists, but I had done that with Falkie, and it didn't do a damn bit of good in keeping me from seeing the crap he posted.)

How many other lurkers are like me? It's easier to just stop visiting bellgab because some opinionated asshat is threadjacking with cryptic references and insults, because attempting to argue is tiresome and unproductive. I know MV usually has a hands off approach to running the forum, and that's what makes it a generally fun place to visit. But if there's a crazy person ridiculing the people entering your business, it's going to tend to drive away customers.

Imma go back to lurking now.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: qaddisin on June 15, 2014, 01:05:32 PM

Imma go back to lurking now.

Turn thata lurking into contributing.  :)

Tarbaby

Onan: thanks for that follow-up. it was appreciated.

Qaddisin: well said, honest and heartfelt. You have voiced the other side of the position here that nobody else really had yet. There were five or six people who said there was no harm done, he didn't really mean it, he wasn't really insulting, the Internet is made for such stuff, etc. but it's a slippery slope and when even apparently-sociopathic users post so often and in so many threads it changes the general tone and social milieu. It can gradually worsened and the next thing you know it's anarchy and chaos. I've seen it happen on other systems.

Any true business proposition is aimed at decency and on a professional level. Which must  rub elbows with an attitude of libertarian freedom where people can be free to express themselves as long as they don't tread on others.

zeebo

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 15, 2014, 08:18:04 AM

An enigmatic poster, leaving all kinds of theories in his wake.  Maybe he was like a Rorschach test, tellling us more about ourselves than him?  Or maybe he just knew how to shake up an apple cart.

Quote from: zeebo on June 15, 2014, 04:16:19 PM
An enigmatic poster, leaving all kinds of theories in his wake.  Maybe he was like a Rorschach test, tellling us more about ourselves than him?  Or maybe he just knew how to shake up an apple cart.

Well said, zeebo.  And Edith agrees--Hah!

[attachimg=1]

Somehow, I can see this thread continuing for years. 

bigchucka

Quote from: bateman on June 15, 2014, 12:48:34 PM
Holy shit, how did I miss this?  :o

Maybe you had shit to do that night.  The part that had to be erased is what made it a fucking classic...

Quote from: bigchucka on June 15, 2014, 05:04:19 PM
Maybe you had shit to do that night.  The part that had to be erased is what made it a fucking classic...

Sorry I missed that, as well.  I just caught up on the conversation with the Ex, and she seems to be bordering on Fatal Attraction crazy.  I hope Jackie doesn't have a pet bunny.

bigchucka

Quote from: Seraphim27 on June 15, 2014, 12:31:51 PM
I have a freakishly high IQ and grew up in those gifted classes and I have an equally freakishly low EQ or EI or whatever you'd like to call it, which is probably why I hole up in my house a lot and feel more comfortable in forums devoted to one man sucking royally than I do in public.  ;)

I have had HR head honchos tell me to my face what a detriment my lack of EQ is to my success in a corporate environment. So many of them have handed me that damn book and urged me to read it. Good times all around. If I had a choice, I would rather be a charming idiot than a smart social outcast.

At least you now know you're not the only one around here like that  :).  There's times I wish I was more "normal" as well...  curious how you did math/science wise.  Stereotypes between males and females and your career path tend to make me believe you did very well in reading/language based classes... Me?  IIRC... 29 ACT composite with a 30 in math and 31 in science... English I'm thinking was 23 or 24...

Another interesting book I read once was titled Who Do You Think You Are?  You may find that one interesting as well... another book with the same name... talking about this one...

http://www.abebooks.com/Who-Think-Explore-Many-Sided-Berkeley-Personality/12763221689/bd?cm_mmc=gmc-_-gmc-_-PLA-_-v01

bigchucka

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 15, 2014, 11:15:06 AM
I asked him two questions (I've asked of others too) "Are you on prescription drugs?"...and "Should you be?".

Some of those prescription drugs scare the hell out of me what they do to people, though. Family member has to take a bunch... So I can understand maybe not wanting to go that route.  However, counseling may help.  Always believed everyone could use a little "couch time"...

onan

Quote from: bigchucka on June 15, 2014, 05:33:26 PM

Always believed everyone could use a little "couch time"...

QFT