• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Music for Tech Work

Started by Mind Flayer Monk, February 09, 2014, 08:49:53 AM

What kind of music do you listen to when you put on your headphones and do your tech work?
I tend to put on the same CD and repeat it 8 times. Or Wagner's Ring Cycle.
The other day I spent about 12 hours listening to AC/DC's Powerage while coding some stuff.

wr250

noory , to remind you theres worse than work?

When coding or messing around with networks [that's the nice and legal word for it] I usually listen to Underworld, Daft Punk, Ministry, NIN, Skinny Puppy, stuff like that.

fotd

Amphetamine pills for the body, Aphex Twin and Kraftwerk for the mind.

PiNK Floyd... always "The Final Cut" my fave <333

Quote from: fotd on February 09, 2014, 12:06:30 PM
Kraftwerk for the mind.
A guy I used to work with would always listen to that and I could hear it leaking out of his headphones. "Fun fun on the autobahn"

slippingaway

My playlist usually involves some Puscifer, NIN, and some faster stuff like StaticX.  It goes in waves, some times the job calls for something more soothing, like when I'm soldering I want something slower like APC.
If I'm scrubbing viruses or going through a registry trying to strip out malware and rootkits. I like to throw on random Dubstep.  Something to tune out and troubleshoot.
Quote from: 2014 on February 09, 2014, 11:08:03 AM
When coding or messing around with networks [that's the nice and legal word for it] I usually listen to Underworld, Daft Punk, Ministry, NIN, Skinny Puppy, stuff like that.
+1 to your playlist, extra points for NIN.
Quote from: Kate the Bionic Uterus on February 09, 2014, 02:35:53 PM
PiNK Floyd... always "The Final Cut" my fave <333
+1 Always fall back to Pink Floyd. Brings out stronger emotion.