• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Yesterday, I lurked at the Nighthawk Zone

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 11, 2008, 04:49:42 PM

anagrammy

You guys are so predictable, see why I love you?

Anagrammy

After looking at the recent posts in the discussion thread, almost 100% percent of the posts are by racehorse.  No one else is joining in the discussion.

Morgus

Quote from: NefariousBanana on October 14, 2011, 01:12:11 PM
After looking at the recent posts in the discussion thread, almost 100% percent of the posts are by racehorse.  No one else is joining in the discussion.
thats how its been at the FF2 site for months, just one poster during the nightly live thread and the other threads are dead too.
looks like FF2 is pretty much abandoned now, along with the original FF site too.
all dead, dead, deadski...

MV/Liberace!

the other day, shirleypal from ff2 sent me the following email, although i'm not sure why she sent it to me since i have no involvement with what goes on over there:

Sent: 10/5/2011 8:02:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: Database Issues

Hi Shirley,

We are having major database issues with the forum.   Can you do me a big favor and send an email to craig, bill , Julie and anyone else you think may be important.   I wouldn’t post anything else on there, I think we are going to move the site again.    Thanks and hope your feeling ok !

MV/Liberace!

so, let me get this straight... the fantastic forum II gets regular shoutouts on c2c by snoors, but the most users online at one time EVER is 31 people back in may?  behold, the power of c2c.

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 22, 2011, 06:32:43 PM
so, let me get this straight... the fantastic forum II gets regular shoutouts on c2c by snoors, but the most users online at one time EVER is 31 people back in may?  behold, the power of c2c.

thats correct, noory's shoutouts are worthless.
those FF members that left the original site and started FF2 as a Noory-friendly site that doesn't even allow viewing of any threads&posts by guests sold their soul to the devil Noory in trade for those onair Friday night shoutouts.
Looks like only Noory made out on that deal, getting rid of a longtime anti-Noory group at the old FF and gaining a new enforced pro-Noory forum where anti-Noory folks are immediately banned.

The fragmentation of the FF group just made the activity of both FF1 and FF2 worse than it was before, the total active members of both places appears far less than say a year ago at the one original FF site. Both FF sites are pretty much dead now and getting deader every week it appears.

Lovely Bones

I've never been to FF or FF2, so maybe I'm missing something.

But what good is a shout-out (in essence, advertising a site) if you

a) aren't accepting new members and

b) don't even allow guests the privilege of reading?

Incestuous and pointless, IMO. 

BobGrau

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 23, 2011, 10:33:41 AM

Incestuous and pointless, IMO.

much like the Fantastic Four they're named after, come to think of it.

Eddie Coyle

That picture of Whitley on the FF2 page is truly frightening. He looks like a yuppie version of Aleister Crowley. Johnny Winter looks healthier than him...what a ghoul.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 23, 2011, 01:09:02 PM

That picture of Whitley on the FF2 page is truly frightening. He looks like a yuppie version of Aleister Crowley.

Do you mean the same A. Crowley, grandfather of G.W. Bush?

http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2006/04/george-w-bush-barbara-bush-and.html

aldousburbank

Quote from: HAL 9000 on May 05, 2011, 01:28:03 AM

It is true the owner died on April 29th (I'm sure there is NO correlation to Fort Rock's delusional premonitions).

Wait, that's weird, in a creepy way.

I noticed Coast to Coast's Twitterfeed has linked the "nighthawk nation," a message board of fan(s).. http://z13.invisionfree.com/The_Nighthawk_Nation/index.php? The newest attempt to combat, perhaps.. CoastGab? The newest try to recreate the magic of the old Artbell Fantastic Forum?

They try and try.. don't they.. But they are such lonely rooms.

Morgus

All of Noory's pet forums that he gives a weekly onair  shoutout for end  up being dead with only a handful of regular members.
Even some of them apparently are getting tired of Noory's antics and are starting to criticize him, but that may incur Norry's wrath like the original Fantastic Forum site did.
Noory now doesn't mention the original FF at all, only the splintered-off site FF2 which usually only has one member posting during the Noory-hosted shows. ;)

ManiacMatt

Just took a look at the Nighthawk Nation forum.  That place is a real snoozer!  Scanning through the live chat forum and they hardly even discuss the show.  It's just 2-4 people that have nothing interesting to say. 

Morgus

Quote from: ManiacMatt on April 24, 2012, 11:03:02 PM
Just took a look at the Nighthawk Nation forum.  That place is a real snoozer!  Scanning through the live chat forum and they hardly even discuss the show.  It's just 2-4 people that have nothing interesting to say.
yep, just like the few other live chat forums mostly just hi and byes plus talking about what they ate for dinner or some such. kind of like an internet version of an old party line telephone?  :o

HAL 9000

Quote from: HorrorReporter on April 24, 2012, 07:37:18 PMI noticed Coast to Coast's Twitterfeed has linked the "TheNighthawkNation"

It is merely a redux of the former Nighthawk Zone - started by former members. The TOS is a virtual verbatim copy from the NHZ, with no criticizing of C2C hosts or guests allowed. Also, no mention of politics or religion is allowed, exactly as BadBoy from the Nuthawk Zone ran his forum.

The domain "TheNighthawkNation.com" is registered, and acts only as a redirect to take you to the free forum.

Former members from the NHZ now at NN are Luna (aka Luna Bella) and Dodger (aka Dodger27)

You can also verify that this new forum IS the same as the former NHZ by simply visiting here:
http://thenighthawknation.wordpress.com/tag/badboy/

MV/Liberace!

wouldn't it be a funny goof if i signed up there and began posting regularly and participating heavily while neglecting this forum?

MV/Liberace!

i found the following rule from their terms of service to be humorous:

Do not use flashing images in your avatar or signature; these may cause problems for photo-sensitive users.

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 25, 2012, 02:41:02 PM
i found the following rule from their terms of service to be humorous:
Do not use flashing images in your avatar or signature; these may cause problems for photo-sensitive users.

Perhaps one of the moderators can be affected by flashing images causing an epileptic seizure of some sort?  :o

Morgus

It appears like you have to register in order to see their avatars, but it now looks like that message board has  turned into a nerdish Big Bang Theory fan site.  ;D

Harmness

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 25, 2012, 02:34:47 PM
wouldn't it be a funny goof if i signed up there and began posting regularly and participating heavily while neglecting this forum?

Hysterical.

Morgus

I noticed a new member just registered at the Big Bang Theory fan site (Nighthawk Nation) with the username 'georgeisgreat'
Is that really a coastgab member in disguise to play some fun trollish games with the nerds over there?  ;D

Marc.Knight

Not sure how long this will stay up there, but I caught a screen print.

Morgus

Quote from: M. Knight on April 25, 2012, 05:45:36 PM
Not sure how long this will stay up there, but I caught a screen print.
so georgeis great is really you? good job. ;D
but that post seems to be gone already. let us know if you are quickly banned too?  :P

Morgus

it appears 'georgeisgreat' was banned almost immediately.
i just noticed that the total member count was 50 and now went down to 49 after that.  :o

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Morgus on April 25, 2012, 05:51:40 PM
it appears 'georgeisgreat' was banned almost immediately.
i just noticed that the total member count was 50 and now went down to 49 after that.  :o

I knew a suck-ass username would get through without a problem.