• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dark Matter Network Content

Started by Textor, November 22, 2013, 10:44:43 AM

Tarbaby

Yes, it's like that with everything. Like bands. Everyone gives it a try and occasionally true talent rises to the top. Or finds its niche audience. Sure there's going to be a lot of under-whelming crud but that's part of the fun of it, winnowing the "finds" from the crud.

Bart Ell

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on January 22, 2014, 03:19:32 PM
I speak for myself when I say that I hope Art Bell returns via the DMRN and the rising tide lifts all boats.

I hope Art Bell returns via the DMRN and the rising tide sinks most boats. There are a handful that should have a lifeboat sent out for them, yours included.

Keith Rowland also needs to swallow his pride and hire a webmaster.

I know he's a member and I feel bad for saying this because he seems like a really nice guy.

The mallard report is horrid, like worse than Noory bad. Having it even on DMRN is enough to make anyone never want to tune in again.

I do admire mallard for doing all the work to have a podcast. I'm sure some people even enjoy the show. I do wish him well in his show too.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 31, 2014, 01:47:44 AM
I know he's a member and I feel bad for saying this because he seems like a really nice guy.

The mallard report is horrid, like worse than Noory bad. Having it even on DMRN is enough to make anyone never want to tune in again.

I do admire mallard for doing all the work to have a podcast. I'm sure some people even enjoy the show. I do wish him well in his show too.

Concur 100%.  At best "fair" by a wide margin, in fact I cowardly waited for another poster to make the point.  Hard to stomach.

Juan

What's the matter with Jimmy Church?  Last night he said that something was a coincidence. 

maureen

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 31, 2014, 01:47:44 AM

I can not get past his introductory jingle. It grates on me like UFO Phil!!  :-\

malliard

well, first and foremost, thanks for the well wishes.
I have said before, i think on this forum.
My show isn't for everyone, No show is.

but please keep supporting the network, it is the best internet paranormal network around.

side note, i seen someone saying Keith should hire a webmaster? what do you want from the site?
I personally think clean and simple is better.

Bart Ell

Quote from: malliard on January 31, 2014, 09:53:50 PM
side note, i seen someone saying Keith should hire a webmaster? what do you want from the site?
I personally think clean and simple is better.

Pretty simple - When you run a site through the Geocities-izer and it improves it, you know something is wrong.
http://www.wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer/

Uncle Duke

I've listened to at least four live shows on multiple nights on DMRN where the hosts give out phone numbers and ask for callers during their programs, yet have never heard a single call.  Guess that means no one calls, which would seem to be an indication of the small number of listeners to these shows.  Is there some rule of thumb in the talk radio industry that relates numbers of callers as a function of numbers/percentages of listeners?

Juan

Yeah, I've heard a figure, but I don't remember exactly what it was.  It's pretty small - 10% ever in their lives or something like that.  It may be even lower.
MV and Curtis get few calls, but I think MV said they have more than 4000 downloads per episode from iTunes.

Quote from: Juan on February 06, 2014, 04:42:53 AM
Yeah, I've heard a figure, but I don't remember exactly what it was.  It's pretty small - 10% ever in their lives or something like that.  It may be even lower.
MV and Curtis get few calls, but I think MV said they have more than 4000 downloads per episode from iTunes.
Our show is pre-recorded and we don't take calls. We get about 600-1000 downloads per episode from our website, and I don't know how many yet from iTunes. We are happy with these numbers, as it is a niche show, on a niche network. We get feedback from listeners via Facebook, email, and twitter - so I know someone's out there...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 06, 2014, 12:20:44 AM
I've listened to at least four live shows on multiple nights on DMRN where the hosts give out phone numbers and ask for callers during their programs, yet have never heard a single call.  Guess that means no one calls, which would seem to be an indication of the small number of listeners to these shows.  Is there some rule of thumb in the talk radio industry that relates numbers of callers as a function of numbers/percentages of listeners?

when i was in terrestrial radio, i heard that during a given broadcast, one out of every 100 listeners MIGHT call.  i don't know how much truth there is to that, but there it is.

Quote from: MV on February 06, 2014, 12:41:32 PM
when i was in terrestrial radio, i heard that during a given broadcast, one out of every 100 listeners MIGHT call.  i don't know how much truth there is to that, but there it is.
When I did an afternoon political talk show in Pensacola, I was told the same 1:100.

Dateline

This may have been answered somewhere back in the last ten pages, but are the shows only on at a certain time or can you listen to them at anytime?

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on February 06, 2014, 07:43:07 AM
We get about 600-1000 downloads per episode from our website, and I don't know how many yet from iTunes.
Congratulations, I think that is pretty impressive.

We already had a Tribe following us from other ventures. Jill is very well known in adventure/documentary circles.

WhiteCrow

Just finish listening to "Secret Teaching" on the Dark Matter Radio Network.

Learned a few facts about the similarities of Presidents Lincoln and Kennedy.
Some I heard before but there were a few new one.

Both Presidents were shot in the back of the head, on the Friday before a major holiday, while seated beside their wives, neither of whom were injured.

Both were in the presence of another couple, and in each case that man was also wounded by the assassin.

After both assassinations there were loud and insistent claims that the fatal shot must have come from a different direction.

Each President in his thirties married a socailly prominent twenty-four year old girl who spoke French fluently.

While in the White House, each President had a family of three children, and both lost a child through death.

Both Lincoln and Kennedy were second children.

Both had been boat captains.

Both were related to a U.S. Senator, Attorney General, ambassador to Great Britain, and the mayor of Boston.

Each had been elected to Congress in the year '47 and were vice-presidential runners-up in the year '56.

Each was elected president in '60.

Before each was elected, a sister died. Both had a friend named Billy Graham and knew an Adlai Stevenson.

President Kennedy had a secretary named Mrs. Lincoln and President Lincoln had a secretary named John Kennedy.

The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.

Both were succeeded by vice-presidents named Johnson: Andrew born in 1808 and Lyndon in 1908, both of whom had 13 letters in their names and two daughters.

Both assassins have fifteen letters in their names.

Booth shot Lincoln in a theatre and fled to a warehouse. Oswald shot Kennedy from a warehouse and fled to a theatre.

Both assassins were in their turn assassinated by shooters who used a Colt revolver and fired only one, fatal shot.

Exactly one week before the assassination Lincoln was in Monroe Maryland and Kennedy was
in Marilyn Monroe.

Juan

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 16, 2014, 01:40:40 AM

Exactly one week before the assassination Lincoln was in Monroe Maryland and Kennedy was
in Marilyn Monroe.
If Kennedy was in Marilyn a week before his assassination, he must have dug her up.

onan

Quote from: Juan on February 16, 2014, 09:44:43 AM
If Kennedy was in Marilyn a week before his assassination, he must have dug her up.

So you are one of those "sheeple" that believes what the newspapers report!

Quote from: onan on February 16, 2014, 11:59:21 AM
So you are one of those "sheeple" that believes what the newspapers report!
I believe Joe DiMaggio. Maybe the last honest public figure in America.

Juan

But Joe DiMaggio said that Taster's Choice was the best he ever tasted.  Horrible thought.

Juan

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on February 16, 2014, 12:28:03 PM
No! Wasn't he "Mr. Coffee?"
Yes - that's what he said, Mr. Coffee.  That's even worse.

Another hero leveled by the facts. I'm shattered.

So what are the best show besides Dark weekend and Jimmy Church?

wr250

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 27, 2014, 06:21:08 PM

after dark is pretty good. those are the ones i listen to mostly.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: wr250 on February 27, 2014, 07:04:10 PM
after dark is pretty good. those are the ones i listen to mostly.

There is a show out of Canada called "Night Fright" on DMRN I really enjoy.  The programs I've heard so far have been ghost/crypto/demon related, not really my thing but they were well done.  Have not seen the show on the DMRN schedule, apparently it's used in the "TBD/Producer's Choice" slots.  Other than Bateman and Church, this is the best-of-the-rest I've heard overall.  Would like to see the show as a regularly scheduled program.

Morgus

Future Theater with the Birnes; also Dr. Michio Kaku sometimes hosts a science show.

albrecht

Red Ice Creations is awesome. He actually asks questions, doesn't rant, and seems to understand the material and what is going on in the world. Not so much paranormal but more conspiracy, ancient mysteries, and crypto-politics. But even with a subject I don't like he does a good job and asks questions. GroundZero can be pretty good but REALLY depending on the topic and how the host is feeling. Sometimes really good, other times not so much.

maureen

Does anybody know what happened to Dark Matter Radio Network? It has been down since last night.