• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dark Matter Network Content

Started by Textor, November 22, 2013, 10:44:43 AM

Murder101

This needs The Unexplained. Howard Hughes is as professional and smart as they come.  He's been in radio for years and is a big fan of Art himself. After Dark is the highlight of this lineup, though.  Also, this needs to be available on Shoutcast. I can listen to KGRA,Z-Talk and Freethought Radio through Shoutcast so it's possible.

b_dubb

agreed Howard Hughes is the most polished host out there right now doing paranormal related shows

Spinner

Bryan Alvarez of "After Dark" started a thread and is asking for feedback about his podcast.
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5355.0

DarKPenguiN

Sad to say but I havnt heard much worthwhile on DM =(

I REALLY like MV's show (glad I stumbled upon it BUT it was before it was on DM to begin with..) but I am a nerd and a techie so that makes sense- As far as paranormal stuff I have heard nothing very good.

Can anyone recommend a good paranormal program on DM along with its time slot (or an idea of where to hear it 'on demand')? Thus far, everytime I tune in it sounds like "BLOG TALK RADIO" or something.

b_dubb

just listened to a recent ep of The Unexplained w/ Howard Hughes where he indicates he got picked up by DarkMatter. very cool

HorrorRetro

Quote from: b_dubb on December 02, 2013, 09:00:54 PM
just listened to a recent ep of The Unexplained w/ Howard Hughes where he indicates he got picked up by DarkMatter. very cool

Good news.  I've listened to a few of Hughes' shows, and they're pretty high quality.

Spinner

I listened to 'The Unexplained' with Howard Hughes on DMR last night.
Excellent show. I wish it were longer than one hour. I've listened to a couple of his other shows, and  Howard is a big fan of Art Bell.
I hope it becomes a regular part of the DMR

Jim Harold's Paranormal Podcast is no longer listed DMRN schedule and his profile has been taken off the page.

I'm probably being over-conspiratorial, but I wonder if Coast got to him. He was a guest w/ Noory maybe a month or so ago.

fave

Quote from: b_dubb on December 02, 2013, 09:00:54 PM

Very cool, I just started listening to him, great show.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on December 03, 2013, 03:43:15 PM
Jim Harold's Paranormal Podcast is no longer listed DMRN schedule and his profile has been taken off the page.

I'm probably being over-conspiratorial, but I wonder if Coast got to him. He was a guest w/ Noory maybe a month or so ago.

That's interesting. I wonder what happened? I sure would like some continuity on this "network." It seem the schedule is constantly being changed or ignored completely.  I hope Jim's show is back on soon.

HMC

Ok, I'm starting not to like Keith's Dark Matter Network. What happened to the Spec Sheet? Now Jim... That's two of the three shows I wanted on, gone. At least Bateman is still there (for now).

Spinner

I'm now listening to DMR, amd they're playing Michio Kaku's "Exploration" show.
The first half was an interview with Seth Shostak, and now Ray Kurzweil is on.

BTW, Dr. Kaku's show is not on the schedule.

Did The Spec Sheet run earlier?

HMC

The Spec Sheet isn't even listed on the site anymore. LAME.

bateman

There was a legal issue apparently.

HMC

With who, The Spec Sheet or Jim?

Spinner

Quote from: HMC on December 03, 2013, 10:07:53 PM
The Spec Sheet isn't even listed on the site anymore. LAME.

Huh?
I see it listed.

HMC

Quote from: Spinner on December 03, 2013, 10:16:39 PM

Huh?
I see it listed.

Refresh maybe? Here's what it says now:

Our current schedule of programs that are Live or are Brand New podcasts playing on our Internet stream. Watch for more shows to appear here.

Mon   6p pst/9p est LIVE   Unknown Origins Radio
Mon   7p pst/10p est NEW   Ravenstar's Witching Hour
Tue   8p pst/11 est LIVE   Skywatchers Radio
Wed   5p pst/8p est LIVE   Podcast UFO w/Martin and Sam
Wed   6p pst/9p est NEW   The Malliard Report
Thu   5p pst/8p est LIVE   Keeping the Spirits Alive!
Fri   7p pst/10p est NEW   Starfire Wolflair w/Carolyn Goyda
Fri   11pm pst/2a est LIVE   After Dark w/Bryan Alvarez
Sat   7p pst/10p est NEW   Dark Weekend w/Steve Warner
Sat   9p pst/12a est NEW   The Secret Teachings
Sun   5p pst/8p est LIVE   Paranormal Central w/Jeffre and Allen
Sun   Next Week   Supernatural Science w/Tobias McGriff

bateman

Quote from: HMC on December 03, 2013, 10:10:10 PM
With who, The Spec Sheet or Jim?

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 03, 2013, 07:38:30 PM
Keith sent me this about spec sheet being off network

Please ask MV to read his email, or voice mail or Text messages and we'll get it back on.

Not having the Spec sheet or Jim Harold is really hurting the network. THey were one of the few decent shows. Bateman's is still on there and couple other are good two.
But if DM network wants to get rid of shows Spec Sheet and Harold are not the ones that need to be let go of.

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on December 03, 2013, 03:43:15 PM

Not the case.. email him. Its more of a issue of what Keith wants to do with the network. He is in charge of it.

This venture is going to fail anyway.  Podcasts are meant to be on demand not streamed on a website.

bateman

Quote from: forgottenpassword on December 04, 2013, 06:42:56 PM
This venture is going to fail anyway.  Podcasts are meant to be on demand not streamed on a website.

That's not necessarily true. Many of the podcasts air on the stream first. No different from what radio shows do.

HMC

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 04, 2013, 04:39:29 PM
Not the case.. email him. Its more of a issue of what Keith wants to do with the network. He is in charge of it.

Keith wants to make it bad? Without The Spec Sheet and Jim, that's half the quality shows gone....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HMC on December 04, 2013, 07:38:36 PM
Keith wants to make it bad? Without The Spec Sheet and Jim, that's half the quality shows gone....

At this time, I should probably limit my comments to the following:

The Spec Sheet was not booted from DMN. I've chosen no longer to be associated with it. We will continue the show, as we have for years, at UFOShip.com.

tastycanadian

Quote from: MV on December 04, 2013, 07:46:38 PM

The Spec Sheet was not booted from DMN. I've chosen no longer to be associated with it. We will continue the show, as we have for years, at UFOShip.com.

oh oh, u didnt sign a non compete did you? ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: tastycanadian on December 04, 2013, 07:55:50 PM
oh oh, u didnt sign a non compete did you? ;)

Haha, no, but the stream kept dropping. J/k.

heater

Quote from: MV on December 04, 2013, 07:57:26 PM
Haha, no, but the stream kept dropping. J/k.

Wait...what?!?  you didn't sign one?  I did...great.  Keep in mind I also wrote it. 

Thanks everyone for supporting us pre and post DMN!  You can follow us on twitter for show topics and times: @thespecsheet

Did they ask you to be the lead in for Noory's show? Too many calls from people on cell phones, maybe?  Freaking Jazzmunda skyping you endlessly?  Spider bites? Lewd commercials?

Jocko Johnson

Com'on man...spill your guts. Enquiring minds want to know. Your sounding all mysterious like a jr. Art Bell!  We need to start a thread and speculate the shit out of the spec sheet. Should be good for a few hundred page thread.