• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

After Dark with Bryan Alvarez

Started by Bryan Alvarez, December 01, 2013, 07:07:02 PM

Bryan Alvarez

Hi everyone!

Posting this here if anyone has questions, comments, constructive criticism, etc., regarding After Dark, which airs Friday nights from 11-1 AM LIVE on the stream.

Complete burials of myself and the program will be ignored unless they're particularly funny, in which case they will be appreciated.  Like the comment from the guy who called me a soap-dropper following the show where I interviewed my wife about exploding whales.

Great to be here, hope the Network takes off and becomes the best it can be, and that some day Art will join it.

john_malone

I hope people check out the JFK episode you did. That was a great episode.

BTW: Do you know if the 800 number work outside the US? I don't think so = why no Euros called.

Marc.Knight

Hi Bryan,

I haven't listened to a lot of your show yet, but the little I have heard is professional and engaging.  Your style is intelligently inquisitive which is great for paranormal topics.  thanks.

IcicleTrepan

HI Bryan,

I missed the live show and I'd like to get the podcast instead.  I noticed on your site that in order to receive the rss feed I have to have an account, but I couldn't find any way to sign up for a free account.

Is your rss feed paid only?

Bryan Alvarez

Quote from: john_malone on December 01, 2013, 08:09:16 PM
I hope people check out the JFK episode you did. That was a great episode.

BTW: Do you know if the 800 number work outside the US? I don't think so = why no Euros called.

That's a good question.  I used the 855 number on Wrestling Observer Live today and had someone from the UK call in so I presume it works unless they somehow had the local number.  I'll try to remember to ask on Friday's show.

Bryan Alvarez

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on December 01, 2013, 08:48:07 PM
HI Bryan,

I missed the live show and I'd like to get the podcast instead.  I noticed on your site that in order to receive the rss feed I have to have an account, but I couldn't find any way to sign up for a free account.

Is your rss feed paid only?

It shouldn't be, but since it's on the Wrestling Observer site it may be set to members-only.  I'll ask the admin.  For now, the .mp3 is up at http://www.afterdarkradioshow.com/ and you should be able to stream that through your phone, or download it to computer and then put it on your phone.

Bryan Alvarez

Weird ... it's working here.  What happens when you click the link?

SciFiAuthor

It works for me. It brought up Windows Media player and is running normally.

Spinner

Quote from: Bryan Alvarez on December 01, 2013, 09:57:26 PM
Weird ... it's working here.  What happens when you click the link?
A new tab opens with a blank page and the tab says 'Connecting...' with the little spinning thingy. It just keeps spinning but the page never loads.
Do you have a different link?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Spinner on December 01, 2013, 10:05:10 PM

A new tab opens with a blank page and the tab says 'Connecting...' with the little spinning thingy. It just keeps spinning but the page never loads.
Do you have a different link?

You need to select Windows Media Player as your default mp3 player.

Spinner

In the end, I decided to download it and listen to it later.

BobGrau

Quote from: Bryan Alvarez on December 01, 2013, 07:07:02 PM

...Complete burials of myself and the program will be ignored unless they're particularly funny, in which case they will be appreciated...

Finally someone gets it right.

maureen

hi,Bryan,
It was good to hear your program.. you have an easy, intelligent style. You are a worthy addition to the DMRN. It is a wonderful project and it is exciting to discover "new" talent. Keep it up!!

Bryan Alvarez

Nicholas Deleon (http://blog.cir.ca/2012/12/18/welcoming-nicholas-deleon-as-lead-technology-editor/) will be on After Dark this Friday night talking the latest cutting-edge technology and more.

You are also welcome to LIKE our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/afterdarkradioshow.  We have a new webmaster/pagemaster/facemaster, Andrew, who is going to keep it up and running and regularly stocked with new content which we'll be referencing on the show.  Links up through the website, www.afterdarkradioshow.com as well, and the Twitter feed has also been embedded since it'll be used live during the shows.  Tweeting me is the best way to communicate instantly during the show, outside of calling in of course.

Also, for those outside the US, I'm going to experiment with bringing the Skype line back this week. 

Spinner

Quote from: Bryan Alvarez on December 04, 2013, 03:55:13 PM
<snip>

Also, for those outside the US, I'm going to experiment with bringing the Skype line back this week.
Shhhhhh...
Jazmunda might hear you.  ;)

Bryan Alvarez

Two hours LIVE tonight at 11 Pacific/2 Eastern including an interview with Nicholas DeLeon of @circa talking cutting edge technology, Amazon drones, self-driving cars and more, then open lines and emails.

gbneely

Quote from: Bryan Alvarez on December 06, 2013, 08:31:09 PM
Two hours LIVE tonight at 11 Pacific/2 Eastern including an interview with Nicholas DeLeon of @circa talking cutting edge technology, Amazon drones, self-driving cars and more, then open lines and emails.

I enjoyed the show. Your love of the craft really shows.

iBelieve

listened to the show, probably the best one on the DMRN... keep it  up Bryan and thanks!

Bryan Alvarez

For those who listened, PACKAGE ARRIVED TODAY, day late and $100 short.  But the audio quality should be improved starting with next week's show!

Bryan Alvarez

New show Friday night will include an interview with Dr. Lynne Kitei of www.thephoenixlights.net, talking her book and documentary, anything new on the 1997 case and more.  Plus live open lines phone calls and more.  11 Pacific/2 AM ET.  A full preview will be up Friday morning.

Bryan Alvarez

Friday's show is already available for download or streaming at www.afterdarkradioshow.com.  Includes an interview with Dr. Lynne Kitei talking the Phoenix Lights, her book and documentary, other weird sightings around Phoenix and more!

Bryan Alvarez

Most recent shows:

Mark Levitz, Director of "I Survived BTK": 
http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/060614afterdark.mp3

David Hatcher Childress: 
http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/053014afterdark.mp3

Chris Savia of The Anomalist: 
http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/050914afterdark.mp3

Matty Beckerman, director of "Alien Abduction": 
http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/050214afterdark.mp3

Questions, comments, etc. always welcome!

Juan

Bryan Alvarez

After Dark Radio with Bryan Alvarez is moving to SUNDAY NIGHTS, two hours earlier, 9 PT/Midnight ET, beginning tonight! Joshua Cutchin debuts to talk aliens, fairies, Bigfoot and more! All live and free on the Dark Matter Digital Network, future home of Art Bell!

Details here:

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/3-news/43163-after-dark-radio-for-tonight-sunday-midnight-debut-josh-cutchin-talking-aliens-fairies-bigfoot-more

Any help spreading the word is appreciated!

Bryan Alvarez is pretty cool and a decent host. I know him from his wrestling podcasts and he's a huge Art Bell fan. He's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but he's better than a lot of the C2C guest hosts they dig up. Of all the C2C alternative shows out there, Alvarez is one of the best.

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on June 23, 2015, 01:05:32 AM
Bryan Alvarez is pretty cool and a decent host. I know him from his wrestling podcasts and he's a huge Art Bell fan. He's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but he's better than a lot of the C2C guest hosts they dig up. Of all the C2C alternative shows out there, Alvarez is one of the best.

Completely agree. Listened to Bryan for years on F4W and it was his After Dark show that got me interested in Art Bell when DM was commencing. Thanks Bryan, bet I have 1000 hours heard by now since 2013

The thing about Bryan and Art I respect the most is they both present radio with seemingly no motives. Here it is, out on the table, you're free to discuss. It's a great show and with the verbiage and template, can almost be an Art Tribute show.

Bryan has a version of JC (he's more Falkie than JC) that calls all his shows. Bryan has found a way to embrace him at times, dismiss him at others, and on a slow day, feed him for awhile. I always get a kick out of that. Anyways, a good easy two hours, and since he's been plugging Art like crazy on all of his podcasts, please give him a listen!

Quote from: Autistic Star Children on June 23, 2015, 01:50:52 AM
Completely agree. Listened to Bryan for years on F4W and it was his After Dark show that got me interested in Art Bell when DM was commencing. Thanks Bryan, bet I have 1000 hours heard by now since 2013

The thing about Bryan and Art I respect the most is they both present radio with seemingly no motives. Here it is, out on the table, you're free to discuss. It's a great show and with the verbiage and template, can almost be an Art Tribute show.

Bryan has a version of JC (he's more Falkie than JC) that calls all his shows. Bryan has found a way to embrace him at times, dismiss him at others, and on a slow day, feed him for awhile. I always get a kick out of that. Anyways, a good easy two hours, and since he's been plugging Art like crazy on all of his podcasts, please give him a listen!

Yeah totally, I always heard a lot of Art Bell in Alvarez's style and persona even way back listening to his wrestling stuff. Its cool he's decided to try this genre. I always thought Alvarez had to be on this site with how into Art Bell he was. I was thinking about posting about this podcast awhile back for others to discover but didn't know if it was too niche or not.

I don't dip in on wrestling podcasts as much as I used to but I think I know who that guy is haha. Is he the one obsessed with women's wrestling to a frightening degree?

To be fair, Alvarez can annoy the bejesus out of me when he goes into full on wrestling nerd mode but he's a really passionate good radio personality. The fact that he's talented, passionate and prepares himself very well for his shows already elevates above most of the C2C alternative personalities and guests host.

I hope Alvarez sticks with it, he's already better than everyone out there except Knapp.