• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dark Matter Network Content

Started by Textor, November 22, 2013, 10:44:43 AM

littlechris

Quote from: Ravenna on November 24, 2013, 01:40:24 AM
..............podcasts posted to the Dark Matter Network should all be **live** streaming, and preferably take calls.  These podcasts should try to adhere to a schedule, so you can depend on them being on a certain day.  After the initial live broadcast, then they can be archived on the website for at least 30 days.

I agree, having live shows with call in listeners will definetly increase listener interaction! People will invest more time/energy,money etc into a product that is streaming live in the moment. And for those who cant listen live, then there will be the archived podcasts available too. 

littlechris

Quote from: onan on November 22, 2013, 12:59:46 PM
A few people are doing some version of a podcast.

And not to pee on the parade, but well, *sigh*... can't see a way around it. Throwing a bunch of podcasts at Artbell.com sounds fun on its face, but I think that is pretty much where it stops.

I think suggesting to Art that there is a great deal of interest to make his site a repository of podcasts might be interesting. But I would bet a bunch of money his standards would limit many that would want to try.

Not to mention so many other concerns. I have no way to know but the suggestion of Bateman's podcast Dark Weekend may have legal issues from the radio station it is sponsored by.

Somehow a potpourri of amateurish productions with a small smattering of actual talent doesn't sound like something that has a chance of success.

I agree, only quality content should be approved to be aired on The Art Bell Paranormal Network. Not just any yahoo who wants to air stuff.  But, lets keep in mind that the new network is not just about podcasts and shows. Remember that the website as a whole has also soo much to offer as well!! I think there should be a weekly or monthly drawing on artbell.com as well as contests, promotions etc. Id also like to see an artbell channel on youtube really developed and linked from artbell.com. So basically, the development of The Art Bell Network involves yes the podcasts, but also the website and the content and user interaction features as well.

JimHarold

Honored and looking forward to being a contributor to DMN!

Jim Harold
JimHarold.com

nika01

Quote from: littlechris on November 24, 2013, 03:41:31 PM
I agree, only quality content should be approved to be aired on The Art Bell Paranormal Network. Not just any yahoo who wants to air stuff.  But, lets keep in mind that the new network is not just about podcasts and shows. Remember that the website as a whole has also soo much to offer as well!! I think there should be a weekly or monthly drawing on artbell.com as well as contests, promotions etc. Id also like to see an artbell channel on youtube really developed and linked from artbell.com. So basically, the development of The Art Bell Network involves yes the podcasts, but also the website and the content and user interaction features as well.

I think the idea is to create a version of old tyme AM radio on the internet, without mega corporations involved. All of the people that are going to be on right now have a proven ability. Future ones may not, but whats the worst that could happen? 

ThruTarmac

Quote from: littlechris on November 24, 2013, 03:41:31 PM

LittleChris, I'm with you on all points.

Build on the Art Bell brand, and they will come.

EarthAlien007

I guess this guy isn't a fan.
Maybe he should change his nick and web domain.

Morgus

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 24, 2013, 07:11:11 PM
I guess this guy isn't a fan.
Maybe he should change his nick and web domain.

That 'guy' is the infamous one known as 'HackBob'  8)

Ravenna

Quote from: Textor on November 24, 2013, 10:59:21 AM
From the Quits Thread. Looks like we've got three, all with an official broadcast schedule :)

This is excellent!!!  What a great use to put Artbell.com to until Art comes back "on the air" via that same location.

Ravenna

Art Bell just posted THIS on his personal FB page:

"If you are a Paranormal Talk Host or a listener it is all free at artbell.com a place where the next great Broadcaster may be found and the place I will be when I am free."

Ghost Gab

The choice of a guest is all important and even more important is for the host to understand that some guests are the type that should be allowed to do most of the talking during the show. Art knows exactly what I'm getting at. Too often a show host who is inexperienced will interrupt a guest and stop the thought flow or flow of the conversation when it was on a good tone. Hosts need to pick guests wisely and research that guest prior to asking for an appearance. First listen to the possible guest on other shows to see what they are about and how they present. Some guests do need prodding to get them to talk but others shine when left alone to discuss their material. I have heard Art do this masterfully, and that is what makes him the best at what he does.

Awesome to see After Dark with Bryan Alvarez added to the lineup! Bryan is a radio pro and a lifelong Art Bell fan. You can check out the JFK show he just did this weekend at www.bryanalvarez.com.

JimHarold

Paranormal Podcast  -- Tentative Schedule for next 3 weeks

Monday, 11/25, 8pm ET - Dr. Robert Schoch - Forgotten Civilization
Monday, 12/2, 8pm, ET - Rosemary Ellen Guiley - Djinn and associated topics
Monday, 12/9, 8pm ET - David Weatherly - Black Eyed Kids and associated topics

Quote from: JimHarold on November 25, 2013, 10:16:05 AM

This looks awesome, Jim! So are these shows separate from your normal podcasts? Will it be live, as opposed to a previously-recorded podcast? Either way, can't wait to listen.

JimHarold

In general, I will be streaming the show LIVE and then releasing it as that week's Paranormal Podcast. 

JimHarold

This week's show will be a stream of a brand new, never released, pre-recorded show featuring Dr. Robert Schoch.  Everything came together quickly so we wanted to get a show up ASAP.

Good lineup, Jim. I'm looking forward to hearing them.

ChairSpud

This is great news but just a quick question, will the network content be streamed from here at a lower bit rate so dialup users can listen too?

Quote from: JimHarold on November 25, 2013, 10:34:23 AM
This week's show will be a stream of a brand new, never released, pre-recorded show featuring Dr. Robert Schoch.  Everything came together quickly so we wanted to get a show up ASAP.

Makes sense, can't wait to listen! So basically the free Paranormal Podcast each week will be the show that is first streamed (live after this week) on ArtBell.com, and then the Plus Club will have any additional shows?

Ghost Gab

As I mentioned to some here via PM, my podcast will not be submitted for the Art Bell website, my choice. But for those who would like to hear what a one person space news related podcast with no guests sounds like, I just uploaded this weeks show. Here is the direct link to the mp3 file
http://www.satwatch.org/spacegab_podcast_25nov2013.mp3 but if you want to see the show topics or want to hear any archived shows just go to http://www.spacegab.com
I was totally surprised when I found out about some who listen to it such as space agency personnel, other countries space related industry people and others like that. I received emails from a number of different countries space program heads which just blew me away. I'm sure all the wonderful podcasts that will be found on Arts website will attract a great number of listeners. Have fun with it!

Spinner

Quote from: JimHarold on November 25, 2013, 10:34:23 AM
I'm so looking forward to this interview with Dr. Schoch.
Thanks, Jim!

Quote from: JimHarold on November 25, 2013, 10:16:05 AM

I will see you at 8pm EST!

The schedule has been updated...

Thursday OFF AIR (Thanksgiving)
Friday/Saturday 12amPST / 3amEST - After Dark w/Bryan Alvarez
Saturday - TBA
Sunday 8pmEST / 5pmPST - Paranormal Central w/Jeffre Gonzalez
Sunday 10pmEST / 7pmPST - Supernatural Science w/Tobias McGriff

Textor

Quote from: ChairSpud on November 25, 2013, 10:42:42 AM
This is great news but just a quick question, will the network content be streamed from here at a lower bit rate so dialup users can listen too?

I'd suggest emailing Keith to see if they have a solution in place for that.

Webmaster@artbell.com

ChairSpud

Quote from: Textor on November 25, 2013, 02:36:58 PM
I'd suggest emailing Keith to see if they have a solution in place for that.

Webmaster@artbell.com

Thanks for your suggestion, I just did.

Lightning fast reply from Keith below in case anyone else wants to know.

It will be a 32kbps stream. Should be OK.

Best Regards,

Keith Rowland, Webmaster

Well let us hope that J.C. get's a slot as well.   Would be rocking to hear about the New Revelation from God's 10 Star general.    It would definitely totally rule - 1 Hour show.....   Once a month.....   
Couldn't handle much more than that but what a riot

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 25, 2013, 04:16:10 PM
Well let us hope that J.C. get's a slot as well.   Would be rocking to hear about the New Revelation from God's 10 Star general.    It would definitely totally rule - 1 Hour show.....   Once a month.....   
Couldn't handle much more than that but what a riot

Hopefully he would dedicate an episode to exposing the sinuality of the "Rainbow Church of Eden".

Morgus

Richard Hoagland always wanted Noory to let him host the show, maybe Art Bell can give Hoagland a once a month slot on the new Dark Matter network too? :)