• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Maybe he wasn't making enough

Started by Stan_Holeman, November 05, 2013, 01:01:59 PM

Stan_Holeman

Maybe we're not being cynical enough. He wasn't doing this as a charity, so perhaps that's where we should look. The streaming excuse is just plain silly, so we know it was something else and money often explains a lot.

Art's an old fart looking to provide for a young wife and child. He knows he likely doesn't have many years remaining, so I bet he'd like to leave them with more $. Sirius came a-knocking, so he made his demands (studio in his house, he runs the show, half the profits, only 4 three hour shows a week, shows saved on-demand) and got them. The contract allowed him to sell his own promotions (C.Crane) and cash in if the show got huge. After a month he gets the numbers/ratings and finds out he's not going to make much any time soon. That would leave him with a middle class salary doing a job that probably takes more time than we realize, turning out a show that isn't as good as his old one (too few callers), also he couldn't shove C2C's face in the mud because he didn't have the draw thought.

I think he decided he'd rather go back to retirement in the Philippines. He didn't have the drive to develop the new show over a few years, and he couldn't make enough money to justify the time.

This is all just my speculation, but I think it's far more likely than some streaming 1001 errors.

CornyCrow

Thank you.  That is a great assessment.  I agree with you. 

If he got live streaming on his web site he would probably eventually charge as he did on C2C and he would also be able to charge more for advertising with an increased audience. 

I don't for one moment believe web streaming would remain free.