• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 18, 2015, 12:07:51 PM
I had no clue this thread was here until you resurrected it.  ;)
In the interest of full disclosure for the newcomers.

Quote from: whatatrip on December 18, 2015, 12:02:50 PM
To all those who stated that there was no police report regarding Art Bell's encounters and threats against he and his family, what a bunch of fools you are. You have no credibility and you should be shamed for being so ignorant. Now that it is all on the Nye County Sheriff's Office Facebook page, there should be no dispute but I am certain fools will be fools and they will continue to fool themselves over and over.
Yeah you're in the wrong thread little fella, this is from the previous non stalker quitting episode.

Ciardelo

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whatatrip on December 18, 2015, 12:02:50 PM
To all those who stated that there was no police report regarding Art Bell's encounters and threats against he and his family, what a bunch of fools you are.

Please feel free to post a pdf copy of it...

You have no credibility and you should be shamed for being so ignorant. Now that it is all on the Nye County Sheriff's Office Facebook page, there should be no dispute but I am certain fools will be fools and they will continue to fool themselves over and over.

Have you read it? Exactly what is it do you think they've said?  The local paper says there's nothing to report too...

http://pvtimes.com/news/art-bell-halts-radio-show-after-string-alleged-events-residence.html

Presumably the police and the newspaper staff are all fools too?

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 18, 2015, 12:42:02 PM
Please feel free to post a pdf copy of it...

Have you read it? Exactly what is it do you think they've said?  The local paper says there's nothing to report too...

http://pvtimes.com/news/art-bell-halts-radio-show-after-string-alleged-events-residence.html

Presumably the police and the newspaper staff are all fools too?
Yes, or, at minimum, they need a new editor or proof-reader.
"According to a pair of release by the Nye county Sheriff's Office"

Ciardelo

Jesus.

Jesus is really a dick you know? lol

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on December 18, 2015, 12:44:11 PM
Yes, or, at minimum, they need a new editor or proof-reader.
"According to a pair of release by the Nye county Sheriff's Office"

I read that too! Having said that, grammar and splelling* doesn't seem to be a strong point in a lot of newspapers these days.

* Bugger.  :)

Soylentblue

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 18, 2015, 01:05:54 PM

I read that too! Having said that, grammar and splelling* doesn't seem to be a strong point in a lot of newspapers these days.

* Bugger.  :)

Copy editors are a thing of the past at most newspapers today.

This is what copy looks like when it leaves the reporter and is filed. LOL Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes.

Some of the most well read editorialists suck at spelling and grammar but you would never know it because THEIR copy is edited.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Soylentblue on December 18, 2015, 02:10:55 PM
Copy editors are a thing of the past at most newspapers today.

This is what copy looks like when it leaves the reporter and is filed. LOL Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes.

Some of the most well read editorialists suck at spelling and grammar but you would never know it because THEIR copy is edited.

I had a brief stint as a freelance photographer at a local paper some years ago, and on more than one occasion they had the caption/place name misspelled on a few of my shots.

But the point is in the above piece, it's obvious that they're desperate for copy (wow did that get panned out!), and he's a local big shot; sadly the story isn't as big...

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 18, 2015, 12:57:38 PM
Jesus.

Jesus is really a dick you know? lol
I resent that comment, but I forgive you.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 18, 2015, 02:21:49 PM
I resent that comment, but I forgive you.
Bless me You, sometimes You surprise me with Your insight.

zeebo

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 18, 2015, 12:07:51 PM
I had no clue this thread was here until you resurrected it.  ;)

I was waiting for this to happen.  Beware, this thread represents a massive rip in the spacetime continuum from which the spawn of hell itself emerged.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: zeebo on December 18, 2015, 04:52:23 PM
I was waiting for this to happen.  Beware, this thread represents a massive rip in the spacetime continuum from which the spawn of hell itself emerged.

You look good in a robe, zeebo. Massage all finished? Time for a cigar?

zeebo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 18, 2015, 04:54:24 PM
You look good in a robe, zeebo. Massage all finished? Time for a cigar?

Thanks, bnw.  It's been a week since what I refer to as the Friday Implosion.  Decided to clean myself up and get on with life.  There are roses to smell and scotches to sample.   :)

DesertFox

Ah, my baby is back!  I was hoping there would never be a need for this thread again.  Sigh!

zeebo

Quote from: DesertFox on December 18, 2015, 05:03:27 PM
Ah, my baby is back!  I was hoping there would never be a need for this thread again.  Sigh!

We thought it was dead.  Zombie hunters were dispatched to kill it.  But somehow it survived, lurking in the shadows, all this time.  Someone just opened the vault door and now it's escaped again.  Like that Twilight Zone:  The Howling Man Thread.

Ciardelo

Quote from: zeebo on December 18, 2015, 08:10:17 PM
We thought it was dead.  Zombie hunters were dispatched to kill it.  But somehow it survived, lurking in the shadows, all this time.  Someone just opened the vault door and now it's escaped again.  Like that Twilight Zone:  The Howling Man Thread.
It took Jesus to do it though.

MV/Liberace!

somewhere out there is someone who has read this thread from beginning to end.  somewhere.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2015, 02:09:31 AM
somewhere out there is someone who has read this thread from beginning to end.  somewhere.

Aren't you the lucky one?  :)

miamiron

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2015, 02:09:31 AM

Night Train

Quote from: shell88 on November 01, 2013, 01:45:20 PM
Art and team wouldn't walk into this blindfolded. I don't see him as a quitter, quite the opposite.
He's just throwing his substantial weight around and testing the waters. He's not an idiot.

Ah, the innocence of youth...

Night Train

Quote from: Sardondi on November 02, 2013, 12:51:46 PM
I detest pro athletes who insist on the owners abiding by the terms of their contract so that they get paid even in those years when it was clear they weren't putting out the effort, their production was negligible and they weren't worth a tenth of what they were paid. But when the athlete has a great year - you know, one of those years which it was anticipated he would routinely have when he was negotiating his current contract - all of a sudden he wants to "renegotiate". That such situations are even eligible for "arbitration" is an offense to the very concept of a contract.

Art made a deal. He had 10 years to decide what he wanted and if he wanted to do it. So six weeks after he began the new contract he's apparently unhappy. Now, Art can be a man and abide by what he swore he would do. (But then a man wouldn't have started whining six weeks in, would he?) Or he can start a public campaign to alter the terms of his contract; while upping the ante by suddenly having back attacks which hurt him so much he can't talk.

Art is getting very close to my "had it up to here" line.   

You and me both, brother.

Night Train

Quote from: alleyrulez on November 04, 2013, 04:44:05 PM
what the fuck?

I love Art, LOVE him, but how much longer does he expect the fans to keep accepting this type of behavior?

Well, it's two years later, and they're still putting up with it.

Night Train

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on November 04, 2013, 05:05:55 PM
Yep. He came back out of anger/spite for Premiere. After a few weeks of doing the show, he realized he didn't want to do it. Instead of admitting that, he created a situation that SiriusXM would never agree to, knowing it would allow him to get out of the contract and make him look like the good guy to fans that didn't know any better.

Honestly, it's gutless and disappointing. And I say this as a guy who has listened to Art since he was 13 years old (32 now). What a joke.

Bingo.

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on December 07, 2013, 02:25:29 PM
LOL- I can relate.

In the mid 1990s Art was running a story about Frogs being found with "eyes in their throats" and other weird deformities which seemed to signal an evolutionary change/mutation starting with less complex life (frogs) and could potentially move up the foodchain into more complex life.

I was discussing this with my Mom who is highly intelligent and well educated and she gave me one of those "Dont believe what you hear on the radio at night on an Alien program" responses, rolling her eyes.

A few weeks (or so..) later she apologized to me as the same story started making it way into periodicals she was familiar with.

-THAT was one thing that used to be cool about C2C. Cutting edge news that generally broke before anyone else had them- Yes, some of it was total bunk but often there was truth in the bunk =P

wow   who were you talking to about this ?

Daggit

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on November 23, 2013, 06:17:20 PM
Eh, its over. I imagine we have probably heard the last of Art Bell.

So...A couple weeks ago (or whatever) I wanted to make a Computer Game about this entire incident, now I am sure this is something which MUST be done.

Originally my idea was to have you play as Art bell , trying to escape from the basement lair of the evil George Noory who had cloned MR Bell and made the clone quit the show- Art must Adventure his way through the Noorys Basement, travel to the Premeire Labartory and fight the evil Boss creatures of Lisa Lyons, Tommy and of coarse- George Noory (who transforms into a Beast of great power)

-My idea is much different now. Now this is going to be a small 'Turn based" RPG since I can use the work I have done on an (as of yet- And probably forever) unfinished game I was working on a few years ago.

This game is NOT going to be flattering to Mr Bell (who will still be the Main Character)- I am thinking of a name such as "Quest of the Quitter." OR "Quest to quit : Episode 6"- Something like that anyhow...

-Anyhow, I am fully serious about this, can make this in very little time, etc...

To show that I am , in fact, capable of (at the very least) putting together a shit game I am going to post screenshots of my (as of yet and probably forever...) unfinished game. I did all the graphics work here (which is why it kind of sucks) and graphics are my Achilles heel. THIS game, however, I will have no issues with 'borrowing' sprites and such from other sources since I plan on no financial reward WHATSOEVER from this game, nor to even attach my real name to it- It will be distributed as Freeware.

Again however, I DO need some help with a few very specific things. I need some of you photoshop experts (or anyone with experience doing animated Sprites) to help me make an 'Art bell' and 'George Noory" Sprite. I have the templates with the animated bodies, I just need Heads made/attached. Whenever I do my own Sprites they are jerky as fuck and look stupid... Then again, I only use my own work as "placeholder" since I am not Artistic and my Sprites are horrible (as you will see from my screenshots)

ANYHOW, I am dead Sirius about this. I Already started writing out a Design Document and have (what I feel is) a great idea for a parody of this entire episode and a funny ass game that some people will 'get'...

Anyone who is so far on the "fanboy" side of Art bell probably need not apply since I am going to be using both him and Noory as the butt of many jokes... Nothing Mean spirited, mind you, but this isnt about making a game where Art is a "Hero"... Also, I take it back- Some of this may border on 'mean spirited' but Fuck it.

-So. If you can help out (and WANT to help out) in any way- PM me. I am not fucking around either- I CAN and WILL make this game in a very short amount of time (I am giving myself 2 FULL weeks until I have something to beta test)- But I cannot make anything if I cannot at least get an Art Bell and Noory Sprite done (something I cannot do without help)... So HELP ME...please...

-I am posting these (admittedly bad-) screenshots to show that I am not talking shit and looking to waste anyones time. These are from a game I started working on (and quit working on) a few years ago due to my GRAPHIC WORK SUCKING and the game being far too ambitious to make purchasing Art a viable option. The "Game" itself is semi playable but totally unfinished. Converting everything I already have to make this new (and not ambitious) Art Bell/George Noory game will be quite easy if anyone can aid me with the Noory/Bell Graphics.

Game will be 2D and a basic Role Playing game with a very basic system (I am working out the details on paper as we speak)...

PLEASE help me do this. This shit could be funny as hell. If you are not artistic enough but still want to help, PM me your ideas as well.

:D

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on December 07, 2013, 02:25:29 PM
LOL- I can relate.

In the mid 1990s Art was running a story about Frogs being found with "eyes in their throats" and other weird deformities which seemed to signal an evolutionary change/mutation starting with less complex life (frogs) and could potentially move up the foodchain into more complex life.

I was discussing this with my Mom who is highly intelligent and well educated and she gave me one of those "Dont believe what you hear on the radio at night on an Alien program" responses, rolling her eyes.

A few weeks (or so..) later she apologized to me as the same story started making it way into periodicals she was familiar with.

-THAT was one thing that used to be cool about C2C. Cutting edge news that generally broke before anyone else had them- Yes, some of it was total bunk but often there was truth in the bunk =P

wow  who are you talking to

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on December 29, 2015, 06:31:54 AM

wow  who are you talking to
Not sure since that was 2 years ago...Somebody evidently, lol. Or perhaps I was just rambling.