• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Shastalexy

Sirius and Art are still talking, folks.  Don't give up, don't give up!  He will be back. 

dan7800

Quote from: ItsOver on November 12, 2013, 10:46:43 AM
I think I'll take up something less painful than this whole nightmare.  Like banging my head against the wall.  ;)  Oh, and it's "19.5!!!  Just look at the data!!!"  :)

The data!

I won't miss hearing RCH.

ItsOver

Quote from: dan7800 on November 12, 2013, 10:47:37 AM
The data!

I won't miss hearing RCH.

What and miss all that crazy talk?  Why that's just crazy talk! The ultimate crazy uncle, living in the basement.  ;D

dan7800

Quote from: Shastalexy on November 12, 2013, 10:47:35 AM
Sirius and Art are still talking, folks.  Don't give up, don't give up!  He will be back.

As just a live stream or a podcast, he is done.

If he thought he didn't get many listeners before, just wait.

There will STILL be connection issues. Sirius did bring the show to many people who didn't have to go find it. People could still listen for free using pirated streams.

Quote from: Shastalexy on November 12, 2013, 10:47:35 AM

Art said he hadn't heard from SXM as of yesterday. Are you mistaken or did I miss the memo?

dan7800

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 12, 2013, 10:53:58 AM
Art said he hadn't heard from SXM as of yesterday? Are you mistaken or did I miss the memo?

Kinda like calling a girl you had been dating and she didn't return your calls, only to see her out on a date with one of your friends.

The message is pretty clear.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Scully on November 12, 2013, 03:05:44 AM
I sure can't argue that, Nighthawk.  Just trying to figure out if there's anything logical here at all.  The crown avatar timing makes it seem that Noory had knowledge way before he should have that Art was in deep water.  I dunno.  It's late, and my brain is tired, but maybe someone else can make some sense of all this.  ???
OK here it is in a nutshell,  snoorgy is a conniving,  scheming, low life prick. End of story.

Quote from: dan7800 on November 12, 2013, 10:55:36 AM
Kinda like calling a girl you had been dating and she didn't return your calls, only to see her out on a date with one of your friends.

The message is pretty clear.

Apparently, they just aren't that into Art.

What makes me suspicious is that Dave Noory was lurking in the weeds just as Coast aired on Indie. Did someone tip him off regarding our conversation or did he anticipate the shit hitting the fan? Either way, he looks like a backstabbing little toady.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Spinner on November 12, 2013, 03:08:54 AM

You know, someday your grandchildren will find out all of the disgusting low-life things you have done in your life, and how you have deliberately hurt people. You wear a mask to deceive people and to hide the evil creature that you really are. 
You are scum. You will always be scum. And everyone will know it.

Ah now... come, come my dear...it's not him, he's a nice guy, in fact to "beeleaf" him he's a "won-err-fill" guy..these things just make him look bad because of all the "haytors."  ;D

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Derpspiracy on November 12, 2013, 03:09:55 AM
Seriously, what the fuck does this even mean?

That he is an illiterate moron?

maren

Quote from: Kolchak on November 12, 2013, 10:28:16 AM
Unfortunately, this. Art could have stayed on and built up a base with people who actually owned satellite receivers instead of 30-day free trials of streaming. Sirius would have continued advertising the show, and rhe calls would have improved as people discovered it. It would have taken time, but at least we'd still have DM.

Anyone who thinks Noory is smart enough to pull this off is nuts. It clearly fell right into his lap. I'm guessing they got the first call from Sirius Halloween weekend.

Just a damn shame.

I have to agree with you.  If that's the route he would have taken we (and he) wouldn't be going through this now.  On the other hand, we don't know the level of frustration Art was enduring, dealing with Sirius daily from three days in.  He may have just gotten to the point where he didn't see any resolution and felt it was truly a lost cause.

Couldn't agree more about Noory.  Just don't think he's that clever.

SillyFruit

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 12, 2013, 08:13:35 AM
I would like to see Art get syndicated locally by KNYE or something then stream for free on his site as well. That's my ideal dream for the future.

YES!!!!

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Scully on November 12, 2013, 02:55:54 AM
I don't understand how Noory says he was going to "follow" Dark Matter when DM was scheduled on Sirius from 7pm -3am PT.  Did I miss something?

Art initially said he would do 3 hrs and then there would be repeats over the next 5 hrs of DM scheduling.  Then he changed it to do 4 hrs, with one repeat during that 8 hr span.  I always wondered whose math was so bad that they hadn't realized there was a discrepancy there with the first plan.  You can't evenly divide three 3-hr shows into 8 hours.

Now we're hearing from Noory that DM was evidently originally scheduled to be on from only 7-10 pm PT. Something's not adding up here.
He doesn't know either...he just spews plabher and disinformation in the hopes that he can confuse and muddy the truth which he wouldn't now if it bit him on his ass because  a word of truth has never emanated from his deformed marble filled jizz gulping pie hole.

Quote from: maren on November 12, 2013, 11:15:28 AM
I have to agree with you.  If that's the route he would have taken we (and he) wouldn't be going through this now.  On the other hand, we don't know the level of frustration Art was enduring, dealing with Sirius daily from three days in.  He may have just gotten to the point where he didn't see any resolution and felt it was truly a lost cause.

Couldn't agree more about Noory.  Just don't think he's that clever.

They were clever enough to monitor Art's schedule and twist the arms of upcoming guests, attempting to get them to cancel their appearance on Dark Matter. Someone must have considered Art a threat to the puppet known as Dave.

Quote from: Chine on November 12, 2013, 09:34:44 AM
It is a bummer. Aldousisms will be missed. Orange, love your art you posted on the Art thread.
Hey thanks a lot!

maren

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 12, 2013, 11:22:08 AM
They were clever enough to monitor Art's schedule and twist the arms of upcoming guests, attempting to get them to cancel their appearance on Dark Matter.

I don't give Noory "credit" for that.  I think that went on behind the scenes, don't know at what levels.  I just don't see GN being that calculating -- I don't think he's smart enough.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: wotr1 on November 12, 2013, 03:12:22 AM
I am actually laughing so hard I am crying now.  I know you will get a lot of hate from this... for me it is pure entertainment.  You were really going to ride on Arts coat tails again?  knowing what Art thinks of the show and Pemrat you (I know it is not you, but the suits upstairs) thought perhaps he could build a good audience base with his show and you would just quietly follow on the same channel?

I honestly hope Art comes back in some form but am thrilled that he walked away from this crap.  I cannot imagine the anger he would have knowing that he was building you a listener base again.  The only fitting end for whoever it was that convinced Art to come over and build a channel would be to be get hit by lightning tomorrow evening.

As long as it isn't that Brinkley guy. That bullshiting liar since  if you beeleaf him he's been struck by lightning like 10, 12 times? Yeah right .

sherry440

Quote from: maren on November 12, 2013, 11:24:32 AM
I don't give Noory "credit" for that.  I think that went on behind the scenes, don't know at what levels.  I just don't see GN being that calculating -- I don't think he's smart enough.

Yes. The suits negotiate, not the broadcaster. This is not on George as much you may wish it were.

Quote from: maren on November 12, 2013, 11:24:32 AM

Maybe so, but I consider him guilty by association. Without Art blazing the trail, Snoory wouldn't wouldn't have his turn-key radio program. Surely, that deserves even the slightest bit of pushback from Snoory.

Who fucking cares any more? I am tired of all of this bullshit. C2C, DM is all bullshit anyways. Fuck em!

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on November 12, 2013, 11:31:18 AM
Who fucking cares any more? I am tired of all of this bullshit. C2C, DM is all bullshit anyways. Fuck em!

You cared enough to post that you don't care.

Ghost Gab

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on November 12, 2013, 11:31:18 AM
Actually, replace the word bullshit, with entertainment and you are more on the spot. Listen to these shows for their entertainment value and your frustration factor will be greatly reduced.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 12, 2013, 11:30:54 AM
Maybe so, but I consider him guilty by association. Without Art blazing the trail, Snoory wouldn't wouldn't have his turn-key radio program. Surely, that deserves even the slightest bit of pushback from Snoory.

Blazing a trail to....encouraging people to spend money on a receiver many of whom did so specifically for Art Bell, who six weeks later pulled the plug...yep, blazing a trail alright! With positive moves like that, you sure can do without the bad bits eh?

DesertFox

Well I missed the latest twist to our little soap opera--AS ART BELL TURNS(could rename the thread this--lol):

Don't think this was an evil conspiracy--Art quit on Sirius and they found a replacement in the same genre.  If Art didn't quit he'd still be there and have a chance to slowly build and fix up the show.  Still have the suspicion he'd wanted to quit.

sherry440

.........and I think to mysellllfff......what a wonderful world.

WAAAHH! I just want him back!

maren

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 12, 2013, 11:30:54 AM

Definitely guilty by association.  And he did plenty of slimy things on his own  -- playing "It's Over", the crown avatar, little twists with the knife.  Even if he didn't come up with those ideas, he at the very least went along with them. 

Noory owes EVERYTHING to Art.  He may have had a successful radio career doing whatever the hell he was doing, but nothing on the scale of C2C. 

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 12, 2013, 11:39:55 AM
Blazing a trail to....encouraging people to spend money on a receiver many of whom did so specifically for Art Bell, who six weeks later pulled the plug...yep, blazing a trail alright! With positive moves like that, you sure can do without the bad bits eh?

I'm not referring to Art's latest endeavor. I'm referring to Art creating Coast to Coast AM which Snoory inherited with little or no effort on his part.

DesertFox

By the way for what it's worth:

On Dark Matter, the message about lawyers is gone and now it says trying to work it out with Sirius.