• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: starrmtn001 on April 07, 2015, 05:48:31 PM
You're a really good time regardless Pony!  Yeah, I think we're all waiting for an answer to your question.  C'mon guys.  Are we or are we not having a show tonight???
Thank you!

Quote from: MV on April 02, 2015, 03:51:52 PM
you can record the show with this:
http://dar.fm

I've been using that for a couple of years now, it works great.  You need to keep renewing the free trial and only have one thing recorded and always delete after listening or they try and force you into the pay version.  The legality of the site has been questioned but it's legal at least for now.

paladin1991

When is the next gabcast?  You guise must be afraid of me calling in.

MV/Liberace!

The GabCast will have a live episode coming your way tonight (yes, a Thursday night) at 8:30PM Eastern, 5:30PM Pacific.  Visit UFOShip.com/chat to listen live.  Call the show at 623-242-CAST(2278).

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on April 09, 2015, 11:13:18 AM
my mom says i'm a good boy.
Then. Your dad chimes in, "Yeah?  At what?"

coaster

qaddisin

The General

Quote from: VegasI15 on April 09, 2015, 01:51:58 PM
Ohh fun we can prank the show now!

I wish Phil Hendrie would prank the Gabcast. 
As General Johnson Jamison.

Laurakinch

Quote from: coaster on April 09, 2015, 01:32:49 PM
Is anyone going to record the show?

Since I'll still be at work when the show starts, I'm going to record it on my phone with tune-in. There is a way to convert the recordings to MP3, I just haven't tried it yet. I'll play with it this weekend and will be glad to share the file once I figure it out. Though I'm sure others here will post it by then.

starrmtn001

Quote from: The General on April 09, 2015, 02:24:32 PM

I wish Phil Hendrie would prank the Gabcast. 
As General Johnson Jamison.
That would be so WAY COOL!!! ;D

paladin1991

Quote from: Laurakinch on April 09, 2015, 05:52:10 PM
Since I'll still be at work when the show starts, I'm going to record it on my phone with tune-in. There is a way to convert the recordings to MP3, I just haven't tried it yet. I'll play with it this weekend and will be glad to share the file once I figure it out. Though I'm sure others here will post it by then.
Laura, don't count on this cast of idiots to do anything except suck up bandwidth.  You do what you gotta do babe.

The General

Soooooo if anybody recorded the Gabcast (the podcast about a forum devoted to a show that no longer exists that doesn't even get posted in podcast form anymore)

...feel free to share.
I missed the first half. 

By the way, may I officially register my complaint that I don't like this new 'not posted' podcast format.  Some of us have jobs and can't listen live.  Not that I have one, but hey... I'm sure some of us do.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on April 10, 2015, 10:10:38 AM
Soooooo if anybody recorded the Gabcast (the podcast about a forum devoted to a show that no longer exists that doesn't even get posted in podcast form anymore)

...feel free to share.
I missed the first half. 

By the way, may I officially register my complaint that I don't like this new 'not posted' podcast format.  Some of us have jobs and can't listen live.  Not that I have one, but hey... I'm sure some of us do.

we will be posting last night's show on ufoship.com as soon as all of the kinks are worked out of the server move.  also, we're going to keep posting the recorded shows going forward.  i blame the no recorded show idea on curtis.  it was his spawn, so you now know where to send hate mail.  i guess if we're taking the time to sit down and do the show, it's a little silly not to post a recorded version of it.

The General

YAY!

While you're at it, can we get the lost MVRT where EvB is looped on whiskey?

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on April 10, 2015, 10:35:46 AM
we will be posting last night's show on ufoship.com as soon as all of the kinks are worked out of the server move.  also, we're going to keep posting the recorded shows going forward.  i blame the no recorded show idea on curtis.  it was his spawn, so you now know where to send hate mail.  i guess if we're taking the time to sit down and do the show, it's a little silly not to post a recorded version of it.
Fucking Curtis.  He's gonna get faxed!  Matter of fact, FAX YOU, CURTIS!

... we're going to keep posting the recorded shows going forward.  i blame the no recorded show idea on curtis.  it was his spawn, so you now know where to send hate mail...

The same Curtis who masterminded the idea of not posting the GabCast chat threads?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on April 10, 2015, 10:43:01 AM
YAY!

While you're at it, can we get the lost MVRT where EvB is looped on whiskey?

i don't have it.  i stupidly deleted it years ago and unless someone listening to the show happened to (creepily) record it, it's in the ether.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 10, 2015, 11:47:12 AM
The same Curtis who masterminded the idea of not posting the GabCast chat threads?

that i happen to agree with. 

there has to be some incentive to listen live, and that is the most marginal form of incentive we've come up with.  i'm a radio guy, and i want to feel like there is an audience while the show is being produced.  that affects things.  i care infinitely more about people listening as the show is being recorded than i care about downloads. 

if art is in the chat, then we'll always post the transcript.  but otherwise, we won't.  find a way to listen live.

The General

Hope I made sense when I called in.  I slammed a few beers right before calling.  I was feeling rather warm and lightheaded.  At least I didn't threaten the hoover.

Quote from: MV on April 10, 2015, 12:06:09 PM
... there has to be some incentive to listen live, and that is the most marginal form of incentive we've come up with...

Well, there's always cash prizes (concert tickets, cruises)...  :D

I get what you're saying, maybe people have some ideas.  It would be easier to tune in live here on the west coast if it were later

(PS we still love you Curtis)

paladin1991

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 10, 2015, 01:07:37 PM
Well, there's always cash prizes (concert tickets, cruises)...  :D

I get what you're saying, maybe people have some ideas.  It would be easier to tune in live here on the west coast if it were later

(PS we still love you Curtis)
Who's Curtis?

ONeill

we will be posting last night's show on ufoship.com as soon as all of the kinks are worked out of the server move.  also, we're going to keep posting the recorded shows going forward.  i blame the no recorded show idea on curtis.  it was his spawn, so you now know where to send hate mail.  i guess if we're taking the time to sit down and do the show, it's a little silly not to post a recorded version of it.

Curtis, next time you have some fabulous ideas create "The general musings of themudking" thread and post them there.

VegasI15

Can we have a special edition of Bellgab very soon?   (That is without the kid poop)  It would be a great time to talk about Art's new news.  i hate to admit it but the best part of last nights show was the preceding, pre.recorded show.  The regular show was depressing.  (Except for the cute Australian accent at the end)   

I was however laughing at the pre-recorded Muff to Dong and Twin Peak jokes.  This was when you guys were live but not really live.