• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131010 - Open Lines

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 10, 2013, 04:37:33 PM

starrmtn001

Bandwidth level in my area has gotten low.  Can't listen to Art's Open Lines tonight. :(  At least your posts give me a good idea of what's happening on the show. 

No JC yet?  Well, there is still time.

zeebo

Quote from: The General on October 10, 2013, 10:32:51 PM
Art just said 'wild-ass guess.'
That word's fair game apparently.

Maybe he was referring to a free-range donkey?

Quote from: The General on October 10, 2013, 10:29:17 PM
Or I did.

For a few posts it looked like a member wrote it, but it was clarified, you were right.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 10, 2013, 10:33:29 PM
Bandwidth level in my area has gotten low.  Can't listen to Art's Open Lines tonight. :(  At least your posts give me a good idea of what's happening on the show. 

No JC yet?  Well, there is still time.

Hey Starr, long time no see!  LOL  ;)

Quote from: The General on October 10, 2013, 10:30:44 PM
Yes, I was serious, I don't know what band he's even in though... I guess I was thinking of that other guy.  I'm more oblivious to Seattle music than my great grandmother.

Well, I think this is a case of "good taste in music" rather than "time-rift"

Oh well. I'm always pulling for time-rift.

werfold

OK, thanks everyone, I just bought a used Thunderdrums CD off Amazon.

zeebo

I forgot how fun open lines could be.  Art's cracking me up.

Caller:  Art?  Art Bell?
Art:  I'm the only one here.

jazmunda

The precognition story is also part of the drinking game. Drink up and finish your glass.

Nighthawk

Who cares about mandela. He ruined South Africa. He turned the place into a shit hole. Who cares if he is dead or alive.

starrmtn001

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 10, 2013, 10:36:40 PM

Time-Rift.  Cool name for a band . . . unless that name is already taken.

eddie dean

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 10, 2013, 10:36:40 PM

Really? You guys didn't like Alice in Chains?
They were one of my favorite bands of that era.

jazmunda

The great thing about Art's stories (Triangle UFO sighting, Precognition Story and OBE) is that they never change from telling to telling.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on October 10, 2013, 10:41:56 PM
Realy? You guys didn't like Alice in Chains?

One of my favorites of the era/genre too.

lonevoice

Quote from: jazmunda on October 10, 2013, 10:40:48 PM
The precognition story is also part of the drinking game. Drink up and finish your glass.
Yes, isn't it wonderful?  It's just like 1999.  I'm sitting at my laptop, listening to Art Bell, sending him off a fast blast every hour or so, and posting on an Art Bell fan forum.  Only I was almost 15 years younger.  Memories...all alone in the moonlight...  Damn.  I still can't sing for shit.

You think some people would pay more for a haunted house.

The General

Quote from: eddie dean on October 10, 2013, 10:41:56 PM
Really? You guys didn't like Alice in Chains?
Nope, sorry. 
Hated that shit.  Still do.
We can still be good pals though.

Couldn't sleep so thought I'd listen live for once. I usually listen tot he youtube videos. 5.45am in the UK, my god it is late/early.

Ursamajr

I experienced a bit of a time blip or jump or burp or something once... was riding an escalator with a friend. It was a barnes & noble in manhattan - 4 floors and every floor you get off and turn onto the next escalator. Open plan so you can see the floors as you ride up/down. we were going up to get off on the third floor and then all of a sudden we were on the fourth. No third. skipped it completely. We both looked at each other and without any words just looked at each other with a couple of "wtf?!" faces. To this day we both are pretty clear it was just some weird blip.

Too boring of a story to call and share with Art though.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 10, 2013, 10:43:50 PM
You think some people would pay more for a haunted house.

Really, glass half full - all depends on how you look at it! Some people may want extra "friends" around.

onan

Please shoot the source code god guy

jazmunda

Art mentioning that there are laws about buying a haunted house is also part of the drinking game. Drink up.

This show is just a trip down memory lane.

lonevoice

Quote from: Ursamajr on October 10, 2013, 10:45:01 PM
I don't think so at all.  That's a good story, made better by the fact that it was shared with another person who experienced the same thing you did. 

BobGrau

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on October 10, 2013, 10:44:45 PM
Couldn't sleep so thought I'd listen live for once. I usually listen tot he youtube videos. 5.45am in the UK, my god it is late/early.

*high five* (yawn)

zeebo

I experienced a bit of a time blip or jump or burp or something once... was riding an escalator with a friend. It was a barnes & noble in manhattan - 4 floors and every floor you get off and turn onto the next escalator. Open plan so you can see the floors as you ride up/down. we were going up to get off on the third floor and then all of a sudden we were on the fourth. No third. skipped it completely. We both looked at each other and without any words just looked at each other with a couple of "wtf?!" faces. To this day we both are pretty clear it was just some weird blip.

Sounds very "Matrixy" ... just the kind of little glitch that's a giveaway to the big picture!

Jackstar

Just yesterday I couldn't figure out if I was "from an alternate timeline," or simply "couldn't remember history right."

Pop quiz: Who is in Lenin's Mausoleum? No points for peeking on Wikipedia.

To this day we both are pretty clear it was just some weird blip.

That is a good story, and like the best stories, it sounds sincere.

eddie dean

Quote from: The General on October 10, 2013, 10:44:34 PM
Nope, sorry. 
Hated that shit.  Still do.
We can still be good pals though.

Wow, You mean everyone doesn't like what I like, shit!
You sir, are no longer my interweb buddy.  :)

Nighthawk

So I guess that's it for tonight's bell gab callers.  :'(

nofAcedAgent

Once I was sitting on my front porch waiting for a friend to come pick me up. One of these amazing electrical monsoon storms we get in Arizona was blowing in from the east, I just sat there watching it blow over the Superstition Mountains. A short time later my friend pulls up to the drive, I walk out to meet her. As I approach she apologizes about being so late but then suddenly starts asking whats wrong with me and if i'm ok. I felt fine and didn't feel like I was acting any different. Well turns out she was about 2 hours late and I was sitting watching the storm for what seemed like about 20-30 minutes. Those clouds hypnotized me, it was a strange experience. Thats the closest I've come to "missing time".

EDIT: cool story by the way. Always interesting when you share an experience with another.