• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Schnitt Show

Started by West of the Rockies, September 11, 2013, 12:48:23 PM

Has anyone heard this guy?  He's new to my area, and I've given him ten minutes of my time probably four or five times now.  I can't stand him.  He thinks he is hilarious and insightful, but -- IMO -- is juvenile, loud, abrasive, repetitive, and essentially toxic.  In looking at his website, he looks fairly young and (judging entirely by appearance) not overly bright.

Thoughts?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: West of the Rockies on September 11, 2013, 12:48:23 PM
Has anyone heard this guy?  He's new to my area, and I've given him ten minutes of my time probably four or five times now.  I can't stand him.  He thinks he is hilarious and insightful, but -- IMO -- is juvenile, loud, abrasive, repetitive, and essentially toxic.  In looking at his website, he looks fairly young and (judging entirely by appearance) not overly bright.

Thoughts?

He's headquartered here in Tampa, and a Limbaugh wannabee.

Thanks for the info.  I think these nattering nabobs of negativity (a tip of the hat to Spiro) are like shark teeth; they just keep growing, replacing one who has fallen out of favor or lost his/her edge.  But that someone would willingly let such drivel pour into their ears is very odd to me.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: West of the Rockies on September 11, 2013, 01:25:38 PM
Thanks for the info.  I think these nattering nabobs of negativity (a tip of the hat to Spiro) are like shark teeth; they just keep growing, replacing one who has fallen out of favor or lost his/her edge.  But that someone would willingly let such drivel pour into their ears is very odd to me.

NPR is a million times more educational and sane to listen to, but the masses love the fire-breathing droolers. 

Quote from: Philosopher on September 11, 2013, 01:28:54 PM

NPR is a million times more educational and sane to listen to, but the masses love the fire-breathing droolers.

Agreed, Philosopher.  Argutainment sells.  Shouting and pontificating are sexy.  I get 90% of my radio entertainment from my local NPR affiliate; the remainder comes from sporadically listening to C2C or spinning the dial in hopes of finding something edifying and entertaining.  There I feel like Quixote searching for dragons.

onan

Quote from: Philosopher on September 11, 2013, 01:28:54 PM

Picking a bad guy always sells tickets.