• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

If George were an airplane, what kind of airplane would he be?

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, June 04, 2013, 02:07:23 AM

What airplane nickname should be used to introduce George at the start of each show?

the "Nighthawk"
the "Intruder"
the "Zero"
the "Drone"
I don't know... whatever the crappy model was my brother tried to build when he was six.
I'm just doing my bit to find a more suitable nickname for the Nighthawk.  I couldn't think of one that really nailed his personality but I'm hopeful someone can suggest a good one.

onan

If george were a plain he would be a boat... this one actually:

BobGrau

I dunno who put up that poll, but I think "the Drone" is here to stay.

I was trying to think of something like the kamikaze but I don't know of any specific plane that is named for crashing and burning.

Topic: If George were an airplane, what kind of airplane would he be?

Hmm, I say the A-537 Assfuck. Known for it's ability to stay afloat by riding rising hot air pockets.

ziznak

I like the drone... I also liked the zero but it was actually considered a pretty bad ass planes while the japs still had good pilots left.

Tinfoil Hat

If George was an airplane, he might be a Blériot XI R1 Pinguin which couldn't fly.

It was made for ground training. Come to think of it, George could use some ground training, any kind of training...@E#$%!!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 04, 2013, 09:26:57 AM
          Not quite a plane, but....

Oh, the inanity...  (Oh, the insanity! if you prefer....)

Ruteger

I would say if sNoorge was a plane it would fly poorly, and the engines would sputter resembling sounds like "geeze", "Absolutely", "Well isn't that the truth", "There's no doubt about that", "Achh!"

Ruteger

Are u sure it's not rising hot air pizza pockets?  ;D

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on June 04, 2013, 01:04:33 PM
Topic: If George were an airplane, what kind of airplane would he be?

Hmm, I say the A-537 Assfuck. Known for it's ability to stay afloat by riding rising hot air pockets.

b_dubb

If George Noory were an airplane he would be a cinder block

A rudderless, pilotless hodgepodge of hair dye, mustache wax, 7-Eleven turkey sandwiches and a cheap rug with very little underneath. Did I mention flightless?

ACE of CLUBS

Wondering what kind of airplane Noory is? 
Begs the question:  What kind of 'plane' are we?  Are we just a bunch of paper airplanes circling aimlessly around the memory of a radio show?  Stone age tribe making 'planes' from bark and sticks, trying to lure a real plane bearing gifts and trinkets?

'If Tommy were an egg salad sandwich, what kind of egg salad sandwich would he be?'

I know it seems like an odd question, but Noory currently uses the name Nighthawk which, according to him, is taken from the F117A stealth fighter.  Hence an odd question about an odd man.

Histronic Fop

If George were a plane, he would crash, killing everyone on board.

Quote from: Ruteger on June 04, 2013, 06:00:07 PM
Are u sure it's not rising hot air pizza pockets?  ;D
'Tis probably the ordnance dropped from his plane. Out of a rectum shaped bomb bay be my guess.

WOTR

I am going to have to vote the Russian K-7.  It was from the 1930s and was impractical, funny looking, only one was every built and it killed its flight crew on one of the first flights after breaking apart midair.  7 motors made it vibrate, you could not handle it easily, it was awkward, but it did scream Look at me.  The first one is an artist mock-up with a few extra engines and some guns added.  The second is the actual plane, and the last with the flying saucer is in honour of Georgie boy.  If you want to read about the plane that may best describe Noory, I recommend http://www.flyingmidshipmen.org/k7russianbmbr.html  Pictures taken from http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2235898/posts .

The Enola Gay, because he completely bombed the life outa C2C. >:(

Abby Normal

The Douglas C-47 "Gooney Bird."

Oh wait, no, that wouldn't do.  The C-47 was an exceptionally capable and useful aircraft.

Never mind.

Quote from: Morgus on June 15, 2013, 02:14:22 PM
how about the Spruce Goose? :D

That was in my short list.  Unfortunately calling Noory "the Goose" would make him sound like a Top Gun pilot (or navigator, I guess).

Yorkshire pud

The ill fated BAC,  TSR2..On paper it would have been the most advanced, most effective tactical strike and reconnaissance aircraft ever.

However, with interference, left hand not knowing what the right was doing, and all round expecting far too much from an airframe that hadn't yet the electronic gear it demanded; as it hadn't even been invented yet. It was as is all too often the case, an almost total waste of money. I say almost, because the engine design was almost identical to what went into Concorde.

It promised so much, but ultimately delivered so little in the end, through no fault of it's designers. But entirely the fault of those who expected more than it was ever designed to deliver.

How she was in the 60's..[attach=1]

and how she ended up being..the jigs, the airframes all broken up. [attach=2]

That sounds much like Canada's Avro Arrow story.  I didn't know about the British one.

[attachimg=1]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 15, 2013, 04:17:54 PM
That sounds much like Canada's Avro Arrow story.  I didn't know about the British one.

I think he's used MS FS, but this is interesting stuff...quite clever.

Tsr.2 || what it was...and what it could have been ||

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 04, 2013, 11:34:24 PM
I know it seems like an odd question, but Noory currently uses the name Nighthawk which, according to him, is taken from the F117A stealth fighter.  Hence an odd question about an odd man.
I did not know that. I thought it was from that Tom Waits album.

kf5iwe

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 04, 2013, 11:34:24 PM
Actualy during flight testing in the 80's, the F-117 used the callsign GOATSUCKER. Yes thats right Chupa. I heard them on scanners many times and did not know what I was listening to. But in the early 90's this info came out in one of the scanner/shortwave magazines.

Meanandnasty

It would be a two-seat one propeller style.  That would be like in the 1930 movie.  One seat for him and one for the staff.  It would be headed in a downward spiral after obtaining altitude.  It seems they lost control with air traffic or their audience.
Noory just keeps radioing it in.