• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Silk Road

Started by Sardondi, March 26, 2013, 10:17:10 PM

Sardondi

At the risk of enabling all manner of folks to purchase virtually anything securely online and have it delivered with a minimum of risk through the mail, I link to this Guardian article about Silk Road. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/22/silk-road-online-drug-marketplace.

It is a libertarian's delight: a website which enables anyone to offer virtually anything for sale to virtually anyone with access to a reliable mail service (best) or express package delivery (okay, but they sometimes check packages if care isn't taken with descriptions). It is truly an astonishing site, and as far as I know offers the only virtually risk-free method known for a willing buyer and willing seller of virtually anything to find a way to transact business. I don't think there is a drug known to man that was not a some time available through the online sellers. I first became aware of SR about 2 years ago through an article in Slate IIRC. And it has since gotten larger and even more reliable I presume. For those individuals who believe in maximum freedom of action.

Very interesting article, thank you.

stevesh

Yes, and I think that the idea that freedom to purchase is akin to, if not a part of, freedom of speech is a good one.