• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Howard Hughes - The Unexplained

Started by PseudoSentience, July 05, 2012, 07:56:02 PM

b_dubb

Hoagland being an enormous, belligerent ass on recent show. HH - ever the true professional - succeeds in keeping RCH from having a complete meltdown.

RCH ever the know it all. Now an asshole.

Quote from: b_dubb on June 09, 2015, 01:31:57 PM
Hoagland being an enormous, belligerent ass on recent show. HH - ever the true professional - succeeds in keeping RCH from having a complete meltdown.

The term, "now an asshole," you know where that comes from, right?

b_dubb

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 09, 2015, 01:37:16 PM
The term, "now an asshole," you know where that comes from, right?
An ancient asshole? Probably the same one that invented Roman numerals?

Skunk Ape

Quote from: b_dubb on June 09, 2015, 01:31:57 PM

Dismissing everyone that wants to bring up a logical point as a "troll" is his current state. It was very uncomfortable, but Howard was great.

Once upon a time I could stand listening to Hoagland, then his voice seemed to change or I changed. It was years ago, while listening to a Noory show about Coral Castle and it suddenly felt like hot piano wire was drilling into my brain. An eccentric old man cackling and being prissy. Painful.  :P

This was the side effect of just the sound of his voice, not anything to do with any topic covered.

Oh, the agony of hearing any supposed Martian inflection.

nbirnes

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 09, 2015, 03:47:08 PM
Once upon a time I could stand listening to Hoagland, then his voice seemed to change or I changed. It was years ago, while listening to a Noory show about Coral Castle and it suddenly felt like hot piano wire was drilling into my brain. An eccentric old man cackling and being prissy. Painful.  :P

This was the side effect of just the sound of his voice, not anything to do with any topic covered.

Oh, the agony of hearing any supposed Martian inflection.

Not to hijack, but that's probably the fifth reference in as many days about this episode. It must be seminal or something for a lot of people, including me. As you were: Howard is the Man.

Quote from: nbirnes on June 09, 2015, 04:29:16 PM
Not to hijack, but that's probably the fifth reference in as many days about this episode. It must be seminal or something for a lot of people, including me. As you were: Howard is the Man.

Hijack away.   ;)

onan

Has anyone seen the asshole on mars?

I'm sorry. That just never gets old to me. One of my favorite graphics I made early in the GNS period.

cweb

Don't be sorry, that's pretty awesome!

zeebo

Just caught my first show, an interview with Robert Zubrin.  Very interesting discussion about Mars and space exploration in general.  I'm impressed and will now have to go hear some more episodes. 

This totally makes up for the recent Noory show with Zubrin that went quickly off the rails.  Thanks bellgabbers for pointing me towards this podcast.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: zeebo on June 17, 2015, 12:02:06 AM
Just caught my first show, an interview with Robert Zubrin.  Very interesting discussion about Mars and space exploration in general.  I'm impressed and will now have to go hear some more episodes. 

This totally makes up for the recent Noory show with Zubrin that went quickly off the rails.  Thanks bellgabbers for pointing me towards this podcast.

It's just an easy one to listen to. He takes stuff seriously, I do wish he'd go into the recent news a bit more like MU, but that would hurt the shelf life of the episodes I guess. Plus he's a vocal fan of Art.

zeebo

Quote from: Skunk Ape on June 17, 2015, 05:53:49 AM
It's just an easy one to listen to. He takes stuff seriously...

Yes it was obvious he was interested in the topic, had prepared some relevant questions, and was actually listening to the guest - which allowed the conversation to naturally flow into interesting areas. 

It was an example of how the potential of a good guest can be realized by an enthusiastic and well-spoken interviewer, rather than wasted by the Noory sleepwalking routine.

b_dubb

If a guy like HH had a competent staff and some backing just think what he'd be able to do. His podcast is done on the cheap and during his free time and it crushes Coast like a grape.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: b_dubb on June 19, 2015, 12:51:23 PM
If a guy like HH had a competent staff and some backing just think what he'd be able to do. His podcast is done on the cheap and during his free time and it crushes Coast like a grape.

I can list many shows that crush coast like a grape... Shit even my show is head and shoulders above coast to coast am.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: gx2music on June 03, 2015, 05:15:44 AM
Anyone else catch the latest Unexplained with Hoagland?

i honestly thought Howard was going to put the phone down at one stage - Hoagland was that obnoxious.

I love hearing a flustered hoaggie

SredniVashtar

I'm sure Hoagland never used to be this testy with people. Something has changed in the last couple of years. Maybe the rift with Noory after RCH's appearance on Dark Matter had something to do with it and he has been lacking a platform to promote his 'ideas' for the last year or two. He has this awful habit of trying to catch people out with a question, like a more than usually annoying teacher. Noory usually comes across as a total blundering ass in these exchanges.

henge0stone

Just heard the first six episodes. Really great stuff! Howard has a great voice, a great method of interviewing and to top it all off he's a Brit with a lot of UK news which this Anglophile loves 8) . It really is a shame hacks like Noory get a show every night where professionals like Howard have to do this on their spare time. He apparently did have a show once as he alluded to. Wish it would come back, in a more just world he would be the host of C2C or at least a UK version. He has a really impressive bio he certainly has the expertise to replace boory. 

henge0stone

Is anyone else having trouble downloading older show on itunes? Only 20 of his shows are appearing for some reason.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: henge0stone on June 25, 2015, 06:00:47 PM
Just heard the first six episodes. Really great stuff! Howard has a great voice

You hear him pop up on a lot of stuff over here with that voice, reading the news and so on. Perhaps that is the reason why it is hard for me to warm to him very much, it can all seem a bit contrived and over-voiced. Still, an improvement on Dave, not that that is any great achievement, and he does seem genuinely into the subject, not just using it as some platform to pimp himself out for bigger and better things.

I can't see him doing too well over there, though. Wouldn't they find a Limey a bit hard to take?

Skunk Ape

Any of you catch the Garnet Schulhauser show recently?
Boy was this guy really out there. Claimed he met a homeless man one day that no one else could see, and the guy took him up to another dimension to see the overlords or whatever. Guy said the homeless dude was his soul partner or something.

Then went on the whole story about how children who die young chose to do it before they were born, and those who were abused had souls who were curious about how life would be if they were abused, so they chose it all before being born.

Guy sounded like an Open Lines caller... but it lasted for an hour.

Either he was crazy or a liar, but that goes with most guests, right gang?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Skunk Ape on July 08, 2015, 02:27:36 PM
Any of you catch the Garnet Schulhauser show recently?
Boy was this guy really out there. Claimed he met a homeless man one day that no one else could see, and the guy took him up to another dimension to see the overlords or whatever. Guy said the homeless dude was his soul partner or something.

Then went on the whole story about how children who die young chose to do it before they were born, and those who were abused had souls who were curious about how life would be if they were abused, so they chose it all before being born.

Guy sounded like an Open Lines caller... but it lasted for an hour.

Either he was crazy or a liar, but that goes with most guests, right gang?

It sounds like Phil Hendrie has got tired of doing Art Bell and moved on to other paranormal hosts, doesn't it?

Spinner

Catching up on some Unexplained shows I missed.
Good stuff. :)

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 26, 2015, 09:01:25 AM
I can't see him doing too well over there, though. Wouldn't they find a Limey a bit hard to take?
Nah, suckers think having a British accent (say the BBC or standard accent, not some of the British accents) means your smart or educated. There is some local commercial here about wanting to buy your house that using a British couple for their sales pitch. Sort of funny. Though, I guess, they could just be from there and buying up real estate since its so hot but I don't think so.

Spinner

I'm listening to Howard's interview of the former British police officer who has been compiling the UFO/alien encounter experiences of other police officers. Great interview, and highly credible guest. 

zeebo

Quote from: Spinner on July 30, 2015, 08:28:29 PM
I'm listening to Howard's interview of the former British police officer who has been compiling the UFO/alien encounter experiences of other police officers. Great interview, and highly credible guest. 

I've been slowly stepping through his archives.  He's well-spoken, knowledgeable, and has a good-natured style that's really workin for me.   

Spinner

Listening to the latest edition: Graham Hancock.
Always good. :)