• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Howard Hughes - The Unexplained

Started by PseudoSentience, July 05, 2012, 07:56:02 PM

73s

Dr. Eben Alexander guest was good. The story of his near death experience seemed more believable than most. Still feel like it's probably an artifact of the mind, myself. But I enjoy hearing the stories.

centaurie

Has anyone sussed out how to automatically download the radio show episodes from the TalkRaido website? Sure I can use their player, but I'd rather just get the full episode into one file. Tried an older website ripper to no avail. The only alternative I could see is finding something that I could automate and download the show as it plays live.

I already have RSS fired up for the podcast version.

73s

Great show with Dr. Patrick Kelly. I am a skeptic about free energy claims but I'm always intrigued by the idea that new forms of energy might be just around the corner.

ziznak

Quote from: 73s on May 05, 2016, 11:46:11 AM
Great show with Dr. Patrick Kelly. I am a skeptic about free energy claims but I'm always intrigued by the idea that new forms of energy might be just around the corner.

i got it queued up right now... always look forward tho these.  not really a "free energy" fan er... I dont really follow it much.  But really Howard is a lot like Art in that he can talk about shit that I'm not into and then make it interesting.

73s

Quote from: ziznak on May 05, 2016, 11:52:59 AM
i got it queued up right now... always look forward tho these.  not really a "free energy" fan er... I dont really follow it much.  But really Howard is a lot like Art in that he can talk about shit that I'm not into and then make it interesting.

I know. God I wish he were doing MITD 5 nights a week!

I have officially boarded Howard Hughes' The Unexplained train. 

I downloaded massive amounts of podcast shows from his website.

http://theunexplained.tv/

Between Howard, The General's Fret Files, and Knapp's monthly show, I'm maxed out.  I could absorb an occasional Radio Train Wreck, or extra Knapp appearances, but that's it.  That's all she wrote.  It's Katy bar the door. The train has left the station.  Compass and a secret map.  You have reached Sanctuary.  The rabbit hutch is latched.  Podcast file chickens have come home to roost.  Serpent swallowed the egg and rolled with a lump.  Welcome to the Satellite of Love.

I have work to do.  Places to go.  People to see.  Books to read.  Life to live.  And I have to eat at some point.  I can listen to only so much.

I'm satisfied.

What I'm trying to say is, thank God Art quit.  Else I wouldn't have time to sleep.

Howard Hughes is a hydrogen peroxide-drenched Q-tip for waxed up ears.

(HH, I will ring when I'm in the vicinity, and meet you at The Red Lion with a briefcase of ufology.  Clue: The Goblin Universe would be a good pub name, right?  Right as Charles Dickens wearing a hat in a Venusian designed underground dome city, I would say.   P.S.  I'm bringing Shaver's unpublished notes regarding the link between Tibet and the caves of C______ C___ Mountain in Arkansas.)

Cam out.

73s

The Dr. Penny Sartori show about near death experiences was one of the better ones on this topic I've heard. She seemed very believable and none of the stories were over the top. I felt like I was listening to an old Bell show, if Bell had a British accent. Too bad only one hour and no phone calls though.

cweb

Quote from: 73s on May 05, 2016, 11:46:11 AM
It was an interesting show, though I did also find myself asking if many of the devices Dr. Kelly mentioned actually worked the way he claimed.

Howard was solid as ever. Glad to hear he's going to find a way to get some of the live guests encapsulated on his podcast site.

73s

Quote from: cweb on August 21, 1974, 01:02:32 PM
Glad to hear he's going to find a way to get some of the live guests encapsulated on his podcast site.

Same. The live broadcast comes at an awkward time for US listeners.

Great podcast show again, I think this last one was a replay of snippets from several. Talked about the famous UFO sighting at the British military air base. 

cweb

If you haven't checked the guest catchups, do. Howard had on Greg Rousch, who was a former hacker. That was pretty interesting. Also, George Harrison's sister was on. She gave some more personal insight into my favorite Beatle, made him seem more human.

zeebo

Show is really good.  I think I heard on a recent one that he's been doing it 10 years?  He should have much more notoriety than a certain 10+ year c2c host. 

Why does our terrestrial talk radio suck so bad?  Why is it all ranting politics, religious sermons, and gardening shows?  Why not just play one of Howard's shows every nite, he's got plenty in the archive. 

Anyway I'm still catching up ... just caught one with astrobiologist Malcolm Walter about life on Mars that was really good.

cweb

I thought the last few guests have been solid, if not interesting. Regardless of your bias, the concept of a disaster-scenario for the leeches in Washington is intriguing. Which of those maggots have enough sway to save themselves?

And a UFO sighting story? Who not. It's been a while since we've heard a good one, even if this particular story is aged.

John

Did anyone here download the latest episode?

"Edition 305 - Missing 411 Movie

The return of David Paulides - an update on his new movie on people who disappear in mysterious circumstances..."

For some reason it has been removed from the site and I can't find it from anywhere.

http://theunexplained.tv/media/theunexplained-305.mp3

https://player.fm/series/the-unexplained-with-howard-hughes/edition-305-missing-411-movie

If you have the episode 305, could you upload it somewhere so I could download it. Thanks!

cweb

Ep 305 is back up now.

Howard's been on a roll lately. Schoch, Mars One, Michio Kaku, Paulides...

bellNwhistle

I absolutely love this show.  Only two problems with it, Howard.  You already know you interrupt, BUT...  the program is entirely too short. :(

If you can see this, thank you so much for your speedy tribute to Art Bell.  I was hoping you'd come out with something ASAP, and you did.

http://theunexplained.tv/paranormal-podcasts/special-tribute-to-art-bell

This was an outstanding episode. The guest was a Fed whom infiltrated Cartels as a money launderer.

https://theunexplained.tv/episodes/edition-640-robert-mazur

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 07, 2022, 08:00:54 AMThis was an outstanding episode. The guest was a Fed whom infiltrated Cartels as a money launderer.

https://theunexplained.tv/episodes/edition-640-robert-mazur
Interesting guest. Also he had a show about "number stations" which are always intriguing. I found interesting how the psychologists and bosses found him a good candidate because of his black/white moral compass. Initially one would think a more 'nuanced' personality would be able to fit in better into criminal subcultures. But, of course, there would be risk of them turning, getting corrupted, etc. Ironic that the 'capos,' etc of criminal organizations appreciate -and trust to their detriment- the hardworking, cleaned nosed, principled, honest guys! I would've liked more examination of the banking, legal, and government stuff that he started to talk about but Howard seemed to want to rein him in or just time constraints on show length.