• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Adam Carolla - The Ace Man

Started by The General, May 10, 2012, 09:35:00 AM

The General

I've been listening to Adam Carolla's daily podcast the last few weeks.  He's hilarious.  It's entertaining and his rants are absolutely side splitting.  It's free and there's a new episode every day. 

I've been listening to Adam since he was co-hosting Loveline with Dr. Drew.  Loveline has never been the same since he left.  There was a time when you had a late night radio choice between Adam Carolla and Art Bell.  God, those were the days.

rangers1919

I agree w/ Banana; Corolla used to be good, but now his show is pretty bad. The podcast was best when it was just him. Now he has a newswoman he tries to interact with which was generally the worst part of his radio show. When I do listen I just skip to the part where the guest comes on, but most of his rants are stale now. When he does talk about anything that can be checked he is almost always wrong. He still has some good riffs, but his show is far past its prime. WTF with Maron, Fitzdog Radio (or whatever its called) w/ Fitzsimmons, and even Joe Rogan and Kevin Pollack at times are better now.

onan

Quote from: rangers1919 on May 17, 2012, 12:45:32 AM
I agree w/ Banana; Corolla used to be good, but now his show is pretty bad. The podcast was best when it was just him. Now he has a newswoman he tries to interact with which was generally the worst part of his radio show. When I do listen I just skip to the part where the guest comes on, but most of his rants are stale now. When he does talk about anything that can be checked he is almost always wrong. He still has some good riffs, but his show is far past its prime. WTF with Maron, Fitzdog Radio (or whatever its called) w/ Fitzsimmons, and even Joe Rogan and Kevin Pollack at times are better now.

I will have to give another listen to Corolla. Either way though he gets a pass cuz he is funny... all comedians become stale if you listen long enough imo. I think Maron can be razor edge funny and in the next minute so depressingly so self involved it causes pain. Kevin Pollack can be engaging but at a buck a pop (last I listened) he isnt that entertaining.

rangers1919

Quote from: onan on May 31, 2012, 10:43:30 AM
I will have to give another listen to Corolla. Either way though he gets a pass cuz he is funny... all comedians become stale if you listen long enough imo. I think Maron can be razor edge funny and in the next minute so depressingly so self involved it causes pain. Kevin Pollack can be engaging but at a buck a pop (last I listened) he isnt that entertaining.

Good point about becoming stale. I think Maron is a little stale to me right now; I almost always skip the first 10 minutes and go right to his interview when I listen now. I think Pollack's is free, at least I've never paid. His shows are somewhat repetitive, and he is pretty full of himself, but he can be interesting. I only listen to 1 out of 10 when he has a guest I want to hear. I like hearing old stories about going on Carson's Tonight Show and coming up in comedy then, and he tells a lot of those with his guests. He could cut the length of his show down by 30 minutes and it would be better.