• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on January 17, 2016, 02:03:06 AM
bellgab  " the pit of vipers"

and how many of those.."friends" helped with time..effort during the blitz?

paladin1991

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 17, 2016, 01:52:04 AM

It's funny that Art doesn't recognize that the vast majority of posters here, spent quite a bit of personal time and effort defending and engaged in counter arguments against the supposed trolls and what they were saying about Art.

If Art feels he longer has "friends" here, it's not the trolls fault, it is Art's fault.

He has feigned injury one to many times for sympathy.
I feel you, KoK.

paladin1991

http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=30.0;attach=45143

Yeah, go with them, ART.  They will have cookies and Metamucil martinis.

WOTR

And THAT is why I cannot do facebook.  I have never considered Art a "friend."  A talented host, a showman- yes.  A friend?  What the hell would make this person decide that she is one of Arts "real friends."  I would be more scared of posters like that then all the trolls on BG.

Jackstar

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 17, 2016, 02:03:59 AM
Be still.  Go and put on your mothers dress.  I'll give you 10 dollars.  That's a lot of money for you.

10 dollars? That's two months of fandom. You better sock that away.

paladin1991

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 17, 2016, 02:04:46 AM
Funny how only his fans on the other boards have turned on him.  The board under his control has only loyal fans.  I guess Facebook must be stuffed full of standup loyal people.
And that's why we just can't have nice things.

trostol

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 17, 2016, 02:07:32 AM
http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=30.0;attach=45143

Yeah, go with them, ART.  They will have cookies and Metamucil martinis.

i think i just barfed a little

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on January 17, 2016, 02:08:10 AM
10 dollars? That's two months of fandom. You better sock that away.
In your favorite sock or mine?

norland2424

Quote from: WOTR on January 17, 2016, 02:07:40 AM
And THAT is why I cannot do facebook.  I have never considered Art a "friend."  A talented host, a showman- yes.  A friend?  What the hell would make this person decide that she is one of Arts "real friends."  I would be more scared of posters like that then all the trolls on BG.

it was a response to art saying that he was betrayed by his "friends" on other boards, aka bellgab

WOTR

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 17, 2016, 01:52:04 AM
It's funny that Art doesn't recognize that the vast majority of posters here, spent quite a bit of personal time and effort defending and engaged in counter arguments against the supposed trolls and what they were saying about Art.
It's funny in a fucked up way.  I suppose that not enough people rose to the occasion or defended him viciously enough?  I suppose I am in that group as I refused to respond to every post questioning his integrity.  I said my piece a few times and left it.

Maybe if I were more rabid Art would still be here? On second thought- those who defended him were ignored in favour of focusing on his detractors. Kind of odd...

WOTR

Quote from: norland2424 on January 17, 2016, 02:10:03 AM
it was a response to art saying that he was betrayed by his "friends" on other boards, aka bellgab
I get it... I just don't understand the whole thing.  Perhaps my definition of friend is different than that of others. There are very few people that I would call friend- and even fewer people on the 'net who I have not actually met.  But, I suppose that Art has 10 000 true friends on facebook. :-\

trostol

Quote from: WOTR on January 17, 2016, 02:17:39 AM
I get it... I just don't understand the whole thing.  Perhaps my definition of friend is different than that of others. There are very few people that I would call friend- and even fewer people on the 'net who I have not actually met.  But, I suppose that Art has 10 000 true friends on facebook. :-\

5k is the limit i believe lol

HumanBeing

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 17, 2016, 02:03:59 AM
Be still.  Go and put on your mothers dress.  I'll give you 10 dollars.  That's a lot of money for you.

norland2424

Quote from: WOTR on January 17, 2016, 02:17:39 AM

i get what you mean, and i sure as hell wouldn't consider any "celeb" a friend.

ponyboysunset

Damn upgraded from piranhas to vipers. I am not getting a snake tattoo. Too late and way too butch. Lol.

Oh celebs as friends no way. They are nut jobs most of them. You almost have to be.

BattyBrooke

I don't blame Art for being hurt and/or disgusted by the venom spit here. All the newbs made this place that was once "vaguely lovable", pretty damn toxic. Now those of you that *were* loyal no longer are because he is hurt? With friends like these...

I wish I had a time machine. I bet Art does too. I'll miss this place, but not as it is now.

norland2424

Quote from: BattyBrooke on January 17, 2016, 02:28:32 AM
I don't blame Art for being hurt and/or disgusted by the venom spit here. All the newbs made this place that was once "vaguely lovable", pretty damn toxic. Now those of you that *were* loyal no longer are because he is hurt? With friends like these...

I wish I had a time machine. I bet Art does too. I'll miss this place, but not as it is now.

WOTR

Quote from: norland2424 on January 17, 2016, 02:25:51 AM
i get what you mean, and i sure as hell wouldn't consider any "celeb" a friend.
What about me?  We're friends- right?  I mean, we post on the same board and on the same threads and keep similar hours. ;D

trostol

so it is ok for him to be hurt and keep throwing bellgab under the bus when the trolling didn't even originate here?

HumanBeing

;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytGKRRNrbdo

WOTR

There's still a ton of us who would listen again if he came on tomorrow.  Some of us probably even still maintain that they they have no reason to disbelieve that Art felt threatened (just to be clear, I am still in this camp.)  But, I suppose it is better to join Art and leave.  Ignore what you like and what you enjoy here because a few people have made it a little uncomfortable for a short time.

Anyhow, "Goodbye, farewell and Amen", nurse. ;)

***And again... I personally do not call myself his friend.  He has yet to even ask how my wife/kids are doing...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on January 17, 2016, 02:07:40 AM
I would be more scared of posters like that then all the trolls on BG.

Amen, brother.

HumanBeing

Your avatar looks a little like Heather, aka Redacted
Could it be?... nah  8)

WOTR

Quote from: MV on January 17, 2016, 02:39:15 AM
Amen, brother.

I expect a firm "sometimes."  And turbo mode.

Quote from: WOTR on January 17, 2016, 02:35:34 AM
***And again... I personally do not call myself his friend.  He has yet to even ask how my wife/kids are doing...
How thoughtless of me.  I apologize.  How are the wife and kids, MV? ;)

I guess this is proof how Art probably got laid constantly through his life.